Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 54
  1. #1
    beatango2008's Avatar
    beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,449

    So angry right now

    Okay, so to start off things, I got pulled over for the tint being to dark on my windows,
    That is fine, it was illegal and I was going to have it removed and pay the fine, the cop never told me that I only had 10 days to remove it, plus he was a dick about it and had to give me a hard time and treat me like a criminal.

    So I didn't have time this week to have it removed because I was working some crazy hours and every day when I got off the tint place was closed, so I took off early this Friday to have it removed, and on my way over to get it removed an undercover cop pulls me over, so before he even walks up to my car I have my drivers licenses registration and my tint violation out and ready.
    Well he sees it and tells me "Yeah you know why I am pulling you over, the officer who gave you the violation happens to be a very good friend of mine and its disrespectful to him and myself that you haven't got it removed yet"

    Me: "Sorry officer I.."

    Officer: Walks back to his piece of shit car.

    So he comes back and says "Guess what" and hands me another ticket

    I said "I was just on my way to get it removed" he said "Thats unfortunate for you huh"

    I went to ask him something else and he ignored my question and said "You're free to go" and walked back to his car.


    I really don't have a problem with getting a ticket, but they really need an attitude check,
    just because they wear a badge makes them think they are all high and mighty.
    I just lost any ounce of respect I once had for law enforcement.


    He is probably just jealous that he can't afford one of these
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails So angry right now-2011-01-15-11.09.03.jpg  
    Last edited by beatango2008; 03-11-2011 at 06:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Bigdog99's Avatar
    Bigdog99 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    519
    I feel for you man. What state are you in? I am in PA and I have never gotten messed with (I have limo tint)......but at the same time....the cops asked you to take it off and you didn't....I not not surprised they were pissed...they don't like being f'd with and don't usually like hearing excuses.

  3. #3
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor - Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,951
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beatango2008 View Post
    Okay, so to start off things, I got pulled over for the tint being to dark on my windows,
    That is fine, it was illegal and I was going to have it removed and pay the fine, the cop never told me that I only had 10 days to remove it, plus he was a dick about it and had to give me a hard time and treat me like a criminal.

    So I didn't have time this week to have it removed because I was working some crazy hours and every day when I got off the tint place was closed, so I took off early this Friday to have it removed, and on my way over to get it removed an undercover cop pulls me over, so before he even walks up to my car I have my drivers licenses registration and my tint violation out and ready.
    Well he sees it and tells me "Yeah you know why I am pulling you over, the officer who gave you the violation happens to be a very good friend of mine and its disrespectful to him and myself that you haven't got it removed yet"

    Me: "Sorry officer I.."

    Officer: Walks back to his piece of shit car.

    So he comes back and says "Guess what" and hands me another ticket

    I said "I was just on my way to get it removed" he said "Thats unfortunate for you huh"

    I went to ask him something else and he ignored my question and said "You're free to go" and walked back to his car.


    I really don't have a problem with getting a ticket, but they really need an attitude check,
    just because they wear a badge makes them think they are all high and mighty.
    I just lost any ounce of respect I once had for law enforcement.


    He is probably just jealous that he can't afford one of these
    1. A lot of cops die because people hide guns behind tinted windows so when the cop approches they shoot him/her through the glass.
    2. You knew it was illegal before you even purchased it and you did it anyway
    3. Doesn't matter how busy you are its your fault you didn't get it taken care of. In PA you can't be cited for the same offence (for less serious offences) twice in the same day. For example i got two parking tickets while my car was parked in the same spot for a few hours. They dropped one and i had to pay the other. So by law for everyday you didn't have the tint removed you could have received a ticket.
    4. Do you really need to go to a place to rip off tint ?

  4. #4
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498
    he was to busy lto have it removed he left early to have it done fvck those cops thats bs.... and he was in his 10 time frame was he not?

  5. #5
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor - Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,951
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    he was to busy lto have it removed he left early to have it done fvck those cops thats bs.... and he was in his 10 time frame was he not?
    But he had more than enough time to buy ILLEGAL tint huh ?

    If i was a cop i would be annoyed to. I am sure they see this 10000x times a day.

  6. #6
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498
    and the ticket isnt the problem who cares about alittle fine its the attitude they have...

  7. #7
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    But he had more than enough time to buy ILLEGAL tint huh ?

    If i was a cop i would be annoyed to. I am sure they see this 10000x times a day.
    maybe his car came with it like mine did? or maybe like my job the amount of hours changes depending on work load my hours can change 3 times within a week

  8. #8
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor - Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,951
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    and the ticket isnt the problem who cares about alittle fine its the attitude they have...
    I agree but like i said if i was a cop and i told someone to do something and they didn't have it done within a week i would be pissed to. I have had many friends who use to catch breaks by the cops saying "ill let it go just go get it fix" only for these kids to throw it right back in their face and not fix it. It would be annoying.

  9. #9
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor - Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,951
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    maybe his car came with it like mine did? or maybe like my job the amount of hours changes depending on work load my hours can change 3 times within a week
    If you buy a car and the taillight is broken do you wait to receive a ticket for it or take the car right over to get a new taillight ?

  10. #10
    stack_it's Avatar
    stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pin it to win it!
    Posts
    8,296
    That sucks but you have to realize how many times the cops hear "I was just on my way to have it removed"

    When I sold and repossesed cars every customer that I repossessed was "on there way to pay"


    If a cop tells you not to speed gives you a ticket then a few days later another cop sees you speeding and gives you a ticket is that wrong? No it's illegal just like your tint.


    Not to mention, it literally takes 30 seconds to pull off the tint and another minute or so to wipe the glue off with windex.

  11. #11
    boz's Avatar
    boz
    boz is offline R.I.P. T-Gunz Gone but, Never Forgotten.
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Downunder
    Posts
    2,125
    Hmmm at the end of the day he is doing his job, i feel ya anger though i would be hell pissed to.

    Nice car though wrx have alot of power.

  12. #12
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    If you buy a car and the taillight is broken do you wait to receive a ticket for it or take the car right over to get a new taillight ?
    A little different bro lol window tint is nothing. Anyways I understand you and agree with you for the most part but it wasn't even the same cop. I got pulled over for doing 30 over (km not mph) and he told me I was and said if I wanted to fight it please do so he can get over time and I said why would I fight it? I was doing 30 over and he lowered it down to 15 over and said don't do it again.

    I respect the cops I get it but this is a weird situation he wasn't the original cop

  13. #13
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor - Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,951
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    A little different bro lol window tint is nothing. Anyways I understand you and agree with you for the most part but it wasn't even the same cop. I got pulled over for doing 30 over (km not mph) and he told me I was and said if I wanted to fight it please do so he can get over time and I said why would I fight it? I was doing 30 over and he lowered it down to 15 over and said don't do it again.

    I respect the cops I get it but this is a weird situation he wasn't the original cop
    My example was just showing if you buy a car and see something illegal on it then you get it fixed ASAP. You don't wait for a cop to tell you to fix it. He knew the tint was illegal when he got it so the next day it should have been removed unless he was willing to take the risk of getting a ticket.

    So this is how i read this thread "WAAAAAAAAAA i got a ticket and attitude for breaking the law" and for that i say WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA


    BTW
    I like the STI

  14. #14
    beatango2008's Avatar
    beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,449
    As I stated in my first post, I am not upset that I got a ticket for the tint, I knew the risk when I got it put on.
    What upsets me is the (first) cop gave me an attitude and treated me disrespectfully for no reason, and didn't give me the time of day to ask him any questions about it.

    Same goes with the (second) cop, I had questions to ask him and he walked away from me.
    I don't think that is classified as him doing his (job)


    And the reason I am taking my car back to the place where I got it tinted is because I purchased a warranty with it, in the event that I have to have it removed its free and they put legal tent on for $25.00
    But due to my job, I work out of town and have to stay at hotels most of the time.
    Plus the car is not my daily driver its a show car and was setting at my house for the week, so its not like I was out joy riding flaunting it to the cops.


    I mean it is possible for them to act professional and civilized towards tax paying citizens, after all it is my tax money that makes up his check so he can put food on his table.
    Last edited by beatango2008; 03-11-2011 at 07:38 PM.

  15. #15
    Matt Rock is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    31
    If it were a GTR or GT3 maybe you could cite jealousy...

    06-07 STI's can be had for 16-18K!

    Not knocking your car though... I had an 06' with a ton of mods.

    Was pulled over for the same thing...The corner of my tint was starting to peel right up at the front so I started to pull the tint off on the spot and the cop let me go. lol.

  16. #16
    beatango2008's Avatar
    beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rock View Post
    If it were a GTR or GT3 maybe you could cite jealousy...

    06-07 STI's can be had for 16-18K!

    Not knocking your car though... I had an 06' with a ton of mods.

    Was pulled over for the same thing...The corner of my tint was starting to peel right up at the front so I started to pull the tint off on the spot and the cop let me go. lol.
    Yeah, I have around 15k tied up into it.

  17. #17
    bruary17 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    910
    Quote Originally Posted by beatango2008 View Post
    As I stated in my first post, I am not upset that I got a ticket for the tint, I knew the risk when I got it put on.
    What upsets me is the (first) cop gave me an attitude and treated me disrespectfully for no reason, and didn't give me the time of day to ask him any questions about it.

    Same goes with the (second) cop, I had questions to ask him and he walked away from me.
    I don't think that is classified as him doing his (job)


    And the reason I am taking my car back to the place where I got it tinted is because I purchased a warranty with it, in the event that I have to have it removed its free and they put legal tent on for $25.00
    But due to my job, I work out of town and have to stay at hotels most of the time.
    Plus the car is not my daily driver its a show car and was setting at my house for the week, so its not like I was out joy riding flaunting it to the cops.


    I mean it is possible for them to act professional and civilized towards tax paying citizens, after all it is my tax money that makes up his check so he can put food on his table.
    It's one thing for the cop to show frustration in your lack of hustle in getting the tint removed...he's only human...But it's another thing for the cop to discrace the badge and let his frustration spill over into unprofessionalism. If you were polite and respectful that cop should have stayed there and answered your question...this is life and things get busy...it's unreasonable to expect you to cancel all preengagments and get yout tint removed ASAP.

    I think a background check should be protocol for getting window tint...if you have a record...your SOL...but if your a decent citizen you should be able to customize your vehicle as you wish.

  18. #18
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498

  19. #19
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498

  20. #20
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498

  21. #21
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498

  22. #22
    beatango2008's Avatar
    beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by bruary17 View Post
    It's one thing for the cop to show frustration in your lack of hustle in getting the tint removed...he's only human...But it's another thing for the cop to discrace the badge and let his frustration spill over into unprofessionalism. If you were polite and respectful that cop should have stayed there and answered your question...this is life and things get busy...it's unreasonable to expect you to cancel all preengagments and get yout tint removed ASAP.

    I think a background check should be protocol for getting window tint...if you have a record...your SOL...but if your a decent citizen you should be able to customize your vehicle as you wish.
    Thank you, and for the books my record is clean, which most cops run your plates before they even pull you over, yet they still feel the need to go off on a power trip.

  23. #23
    beatango2008's Avatar
    beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    I didn't even notice that was a suby for like 5 mins haha

  24. #24
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498
    Quote Originally Posted by beatango2008 View Post
    I didn't even notice that was a suby for like 5 mins haha
    hahaha

  25. #25
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498

  26. #26
    beatango2008's Avatar
    beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    You have a pretty awesome picture collection man, loving the hot babes with the subies I'm starting to feel better now thanks

  27. #27
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498
    haha no problem that one right there, theres something about that girl i want one

  28. #28
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor - Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,951
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nothing for the DSM

  29. #29
    beatango2008's Avatar
    beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,449
    I think its the shoes haha

  30. #30
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    I really like cops, and have a lot of respect for them. Having said that, they don't get to be dicks. I understand them getting aggressive to keep someone in check, but not over tint. And the "you dissed my friend" attitude? Totally unprofessional. What is this, elementary school?

    ...and yes, you need a shop to "rip tint off".

    My car isn't legal either, but I never get hassled. Probably because I am old...and don't drive a car that cops would associate with kids.

  31. #31
    JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    But he had more than enough time to buy ILLEGAL tint huh ?

    If i was a cop i would be annoyed to. I am sure they see this 10000x times a day.
    Yup. They hear the same bullshit excuses day in and day out, and people don't give a shit and keep breaking the law. In your case it sounds like you were busy and were intending to comply, but it is what it is.

  32. #32
    amcon's Avatar
    amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    in the freaking cold
    Posts
    3,846
    cop is an ass for giving you that ticket... bla bla ya you could shoot him if he came up to car and your tint was too dark - arnt there other worries in the world of being a cop?

    any ways... bro sucks pay it and move on 2x - you will prob have to do time as well... and the guy that gets up before you that raped a kid and was on crack will get off on probation

  33. #33
    beatango2008's Avatar
    beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,449
    To be honest I wouldn't even really be upset, when I got the second ticket if the cop was polite about it.
    I better go to the shop with my windows down when I go tomorrow or he might shoot me with his taser if he catches me again on his streets.

  34. #34
    beatango2008's Avatar
    beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,449
    How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

  35. #35
    JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    4,156
    Quote Originally Posted by amcon View Post
    bla bla ya you could shoot him if he came up to car and your tint was too dark - arnt there other worries in the world of being a cop?
    Not really.... that's pretty much at the top of the list.

  36. #36
    beatango2008's Avatar
    beatango2008 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,449
    Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Not really.... that's pretty much at the top of the list.


    Maybe if they didn't pull people over for TINT they wouldn't get shot.

  37. #37
    drdeath613's Avatar
    drdeath613 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    newport richey fl
    Posts
    1,931
    this is why you record what they say to you

    him saying he pulled you over cause it was his good buddy who pulled you over is enough to get his ticket dropped plus him in trouble

  38. #38
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor - Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,951
    Blog Entries
    1
    Beatango i think you really could have handled the situation differently. If you would have at least offered the first cop a handlejob i think it would have gone a lot easier for you. Remember that for next time.

  39. #39
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    I'm ALWAYS respectful to a cop until they disrespect me...... and then it's game on. I've got familly in law enforcement..... i've got a gold card...... if the cop wants to be disrespectful to me and give me an attitude I have an outlet to report him. I've done it to a few cops already and it was to my understanding that they had gotten a "talk" - now i'm sure they didn't get in trouble but thats besides the point. If he can be a big enough dick to my face then I atleast want him to know he was reported. Maybe next time he'll think twice about being an asshole to someone who pays their salary.

    Yes they have a dangerous job...... but there's NO REASON to be an asshole and yes - the familly members I have in law enforcement agree. I have a big problem with someone thinking they're better than me..... cops are the biggest fvckin offenders. I got pulled over for tint by a rookie 20yr old cop. NO ONE gets pulled over for tint here..... but he got me. I din't get a ticket...... but when I called one of my familly members they told me that 3 cops in their department all just went together to get their cars windows tinted..... front side windows included. What makes them above the law? New Jersey is now thinking about putting a law through to test cops for steroids ...... that would be fvckin great...... 1/2 the damn states law enforcement is going to shrink......

    FTR - I don't hate cops. I don't have a problem with them or the job they have to do. Only when I get treated like a bank robber for a minor offense is when I get my panties in a bunch.

    ~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  40. #40
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Quote Originally Posted by drdeath613 View Post
    this is why you record what they say to you

    him saying he pulled you over cause it was his good buddy who pulled you over is enough to get his ticket dropped plus him in trouble
    Police conversations are now recorded across the nation I believe..... If you want to fight it i'm sure you can.

    ~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •