Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fattymcbutterpants is offline Senior Member

This is like my third time asking about this...but i need some help

I have been having some crazy tendonitis pain in my left elbow. Its bad enough right now that pushing a door open makes it hurt. I maybe can post a picture up late to show exactly where but its at the bottom of my tricep right by my elbow kinda where the tendons and muscles connect at your elbow. And it is on the outside area. I iced it lastnight after my arm day and it made it numb but then before bed it got worse again. So tonight I took some aleve and tylenol arthritis to see if that might help reduce some inflammation.

I am gonna do legs tonight to give it some time off but still wtf everytime I get strong this shit happens it makes me so mad. Any advice on some good ways to beat this without resting it for a month or anything drastic? I need to look into some good wraps but dont really know much about them.

Thanks for any input guys

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Sounds to me like you might be growing too fast... Are you on cycle? On cycle my strength goes through the roof and normally feel it big time in my joints/tendons. Just remember that your tendons cant grow or get stronger as fast as muscles on cycle, they take time bro. Same for joints, dont go too fast or too heavy, youre not a machine.

Well I was good the past couple weeks I did 275x6 on decline the other day and they were fine, then last week I did 135x8, 185x6, 225x6, 245x6, and 265x4 and I noticed they were getting a little pain in them. Then this monday I went in there and did 135x8, 185x8, 225x8, 245x6 on flat bench. And they started hurting pretty bad by the end but now they have been hurting non stop

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    Are you on cycle?

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Get some wraps and see if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by yungone501 View Post
    Are you on cycle?
    I just had started some Epibolin the prohormone/steroid . I havent really made any big strength gains yet so idk if maybe it just has dried out my joints or what but I might just have to stop it to help get rid of all this but i doubt that it will fix the problem because I used to get it awhile back too

Bojangles69 is offline Banned
    Maybe you should really just let it rest? What I can tell you is I fvcked up my shoulder/upper back doing shrugs once and never let it heal properly. I went back when I was still in pain and it seems even years later now I still can feel it. When I do shrugs my form needs to be on point 100% otherwise the slighest jerk in the wrong direction tends to set it off.

I know you don't want to take a break but when your body is telling you its in pain, and you ignore it, your body has the tendency to put you through A LOT more pain. I'd play around with different angles/exercises that maybe can work it out w/out causing too much bs. But if its severe and it seems almost anything is triggering it, you really need to let it rest imo.

yea your probably right bojangles I just really really dont wanna be taking a month off of upper body exercises. Just doing squats might get old lol, but maybe I can make it to this summer and I will be working outside all day so I bet I wont be working out as much because i will be worn out so that might be a good chance to rest it. I just need to figure out what kinda wrap would be best

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fattymcbutterpants View Post
    yea your probably right bojangles I just really really dont wanna be taking a month off of upper body exercises. Just doing squats might get old lol, but maybe I can make it to this summer and I will be working outside all day so I bet I wont be working out as much because i will be worn out so that might be a good chance to rest it. I just need to figure out what kinda wrap would be best
    Tell me about it. I just got off a 2+ month layoff due to eye surgery. Doctors said DONT lift anything due to retina surgery. It's sucks. Now I have a lot of catching up to do. I'm just now after 1 month getting back to the workout intensity I was at before. Muscle memory is great but I still have a couple months of catching up to do to get back to where I was.

Good luck and I agree, give it some rest. One thing that helped my tendons when I hurt my shoulder/arm was DMSO.

What is DMSO? I wonder if a cortisone shot would do any good for me? Its in both elbows but a little more severe in the left.

Also on a positive note, I squatted 225 for 2 sets of 8 reps tonight and still had some left in me......you might laugh at that lol I agree its lightweight for most, but I broke my L5 vertebrae twice last year, so needless to say I was quite happy with it lol.

And why did you have retina surgery lovbyts? that does not sound too enjoyable lol

What is DMSO? I wonder if a cortisone shot would do any good for me? Its in both elbows but a little more severe in the left.

Also on a positive note, I squatted 225 for 2 sets of 8 reps tonight and still had some left in me......you might laugh at that lol I agree its lightweight for most, but I broke my L5 vertebrae twice last year, so needless to say I was quite happy with it lol.
    You can find DMSO at most good health stores or order it online. It's is an anti inflammatory and used for many many things. Google it. It worked for my shoulder, arm and elbow better than anything else.

I had an injury to my right eye when I was 10. A chip of metal came of a hammer when my dad was trying hammering something and went through my eye and stopped in the eye socket. They had to remove the eye to get it out and repair what damage they could. I have had several surgeries to try to regain some sight over the years and it has helped but they think the trama was to much and caused the retina to detach. No not much fun. The lens that was replaced inside the eye 15 years ago was also damaged and broke loose so now it's sort of floating around in there. I can position my head and get it to go back into place more or less and it stays until I look up at the sky. 5 different doctors say I am the only one they have hear of being able to get it back into place. LOL

They still need to operate on it soon to either repair or remove it. Not sure yet on which or how soon. Probably in the next month or so. If you want to be grossed out this is what they had to do to re attach the retina.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQQW4fENItY

And why did you have retina surgery lovbyts? that does not sound too enjoyable lol
    I had to sleep face down for 2 months on a massage table. No sleeping on my side or back. I ALWAYS sleep on my back... I had to face down while walking or doing anything. no driving, no looking up at TV, no work and NO working out even lightly.

Well there went my supper lol no but that looked pretty intense. Eye injuries suck, I got a scratch on my cornea when I was about 15 and I couldnt open my eye like at all without an insane amount of pain. ANy light made me wanna rip my eye out of the socket. I ended up going to the ER and they told me I scratched it and that it sucked ass so they just gave me some medicine and sent me on my way lol. The next few days I walked around school with my eye closed or it barely opened and scaring people with an almost solid red eye haha.

But good luck with that eye lol, I am gonna have to look up that DMSO stuff is it a pill or cream or what

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    I had to sleep face down for 2 months on a massage table. No sleeping on my side or back. I ALWAYS sleep on my back... I had to face down while walking or doing anything. no driving, no looking up at TV, no work and NO working out even lightly.
    That has to suck a big one, I wish science would hurry up and advance enough to make replacements for everything...such as tendons or eyes haha

DMSO comes in liquid or gel. I like the gel with aloe. Less mess, no smell and easier to use. Read up on it. Lots of info on google and it's amazing stuff. I use it when I strain or over train and it helps, not just hiding the problem but making it better.

Here is a picture of what my eye looked like.
    See the line in the middle of the pupil? That's the gas/oil bubble. It was like putting your eye 1/2 under water and seeing above and below the water line at the same time. yeah it would slosh back and forth also. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This is like my third time asking about this...but i need some help-69550_473853809718_769144718_5370958_2791623_n.jpg  

Well how about that....I appear to have lost my appetite lol no I gotta get used to all kinds of stuff I am going into nursing school. I have grown up on a farm and seen some rougher sides of it so I think I will be just fine lol

LOL, sorry about that. The picture does not do it justice. You cant really see the bubbles/blisters on the eyeball. Those where nasty also.
    Only the last week or two has it start to look normal and not looking like I was 1/2 stoned (only the right eye).
    One of my surgeries 15+ years ago I had 20 stitches on the cornea and when they would come loose I had to go in and have them removed. I told my supervisor ahead of time I may have to leave early sometime if one came loose. The one time it happened at work when I walked up to him I didnt even get a chance to say anything. He looked at me and said GO!!! LOL I guess my eye looked fvcked.
    One of the times it was the middle of the night and I could see the stitch using a magnified glass so I used tweezers and pulled it out myself. I would have never though I would/could do something like that.

I also had one of the surgeries video tapped back in 1997? It was an experimental cornea transplant. The doctor wanted the tape for teaching. I was awake for the whole surgery from start to finished and could see everything he was doing on overhead TV. Gross, interesting and scary at the same time. I wouldn't do it again, being awake that is.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I am going to suggest something unpopular. LEAVE IT ALONE AND LET IT HEAL! STOP EXERCISING THE ARM!

You are still a kid and have your whole life ahead of you. Keep fukking with it and you can do some damage!

JJ78 is offline Senior Member
    Hey Bro. I have the same issue from time to time. Mine is from digging tree holes for 10 years. Mine was flairing up pretty bad a couple of weeks ago.

My girls parents gave her a handful of celebrx. And that stuff eliminated the pain in about 2 hours. I was taking one about an hour before i lifted and felt nothing. I am notr currently taking them because the flair up is gone.

But they definitly helped. They are not pain meds.

Yea I wish there was some way to fix it or a medicine to take for a week and it be all better lol

well as i said, mine flairs up from time to time. But it always eventually goes away. The celebrex facilitated this for me. I have never gone to the doc about it but i know why i have it and what it is. Rest will probably be your best frind in this situation.

when mine hurts whe i push open a door or flex or anything. But I just push throuh it cause it really is not an injury just pain.

I always go back to my football coach in my head saying "Are you hurt, or are you injured" if your hurt you can keep going, if its an injury you need a break.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I have been having some crazy tendonitis pain in my left elbow. Its bad enough right now that pushing a door open makes it hurt. I maybe can post a picture up late to show exactly where but its at the bottom of my tricep right by my elbow kinda where the tendons and muscles connect at your elbow. And it is on the outside area. I iced it lastnight after my arm day and it made it numb but then before bed it got worse again. So tonight I took some aleve and tylenol arthritis to see if that might help reduce some inflammation.

I am gonna do legs tonight to give it some time off but still wtf everytime I get strong this shit happens it makes me so mad. Any advice on some good ways to beat this without resting it for a month or anything drastic? I need to look into some good wraps but dont really know much about them.

Thanks for any input guys
    Did the same thing myself. I ran a pretty decent push/pull 5x a week program. I got golfers elbow (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/golfers-elbow/DS00713). Thought it was funny until i could push any real weight. I took 2 months off and i feel A LOT better. Been slowly getting back.

My advice: Take the time off and rest or see a doc. I tried going back to early and made it worse. Your body is trying to tell you something.

Yea you guys are all right...I need to just start doing legs 5 days a week they are small anyways lol. I did back tonight and it was kinda aching but not severe but close grip seated cable rows fired it up and I tried some dumbell curls and they sucked ass. I really really dont wanna stop I am making some good progress and i would feel so lost if I didnt go after work everynight like I always do lol but I know thats what I need. I am debating on finishing up the month of April my last month at school just taking it easy on it and I will ice everynight and then maybe I can take it really easy in May or soemthing. idk its so hard to quit. Im not huge or anything but man its like being addicted to a drug you just dont wanna stop because you love it

Just do a bunch of Plyometric exercises for a week or so. It will go away.

Go sprint in a field or a track.

Haha I hope thats a joke man I dont think doing other exercises for a week will do anything but make it worse. Everything makes it hurt it seems lol

are u saying that you can do squats, but you cant do field work?

what are you talking about man? I wasnt saying that I cant do that stuff, I was saying that I didnt think that it would get better in a week. I am pretty sure its gonna take awhile. That last post I didnt mean offensively or anything just saying I think it will take a little while to heal up. I think I misread your post and thought you were saying plyometrics were gonna make it lol thats what confused me

I must have misread what you wrote. No Worries. I am just basing it on my experience. Wher I have flairups from time to time and they always pass, but always come back at sometime.

Rest the arm, but dont stop workin out. It will start to feel better once you do not push heavy with it or overload it with excercises.

Yea thats what I am thinking is lots of ice and lightweight stuff

So I havent worked out since thursday...and right now I am having constant pain in my elbow....this sucks idk whats up with it

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When it gets better one thing to watch is cocking the wrist/wrists when doing curls this really multiplies the amount of tension on the tendon causing the microtears that result in the pain.

OH yeah...another vote for letting it heal not trying to mask the pain with anything as this will just cause further injury in my opinion.

Years ago a buddy of mine was seeing a doc/quack and getting DMSO IV drip for cancer, he smellled like garlic so bad that the smell permeated the entire hallway of his apartment building. PS this is not knocking normal usage of DMSO it can be very effective for joint problems and the like but a cure for cancer it was not.

I havent found the DMSO stuff yet but I havent really had a chance too look, just when I was at walgreens today. But I iced it just a little while ago for like 30 minutes and that felt pretty good so I might just try doing that twice a day and get that DMSO. And ill take it easy. Thanks for that tip too far from massive.

Oh and so on chest day I am thinking I might spend the whole workout on the Pec deck machine so I dont really have to use my elbows but can still get some kind of chest workout in. Any thoughts on that?

maybe on shoulder day I can do the lateral raise machine for shoulders....I am trying to think of ways to change it up and not use the ole' elbows lol

Good idea on the ice. 15-30 minutes of ice and 30 minutes off. Do this 3 or 4 times in a row instead of once or twice a day. You will find the DMSO at most larger health food stores. GNC may carry it but I know all super supplements stores do and easy order from amazon. I used some just the other day again since shoulder was acting up a little.

Ok I will try that with the ice I am about to get to it right now

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i had tendonitis in my left elbow last year. it took me 3 months of physical therapy to get it better. go see an orthopedic doctor and see what he suggests. PT helped get it back to normal. so stop working it and go see an ortho!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information