Ernst is offline Borderline Personality

Demonizing AAS in the media-- again.

This time through Barry Bonds.

Excerpts from an article (by PAUL ELIAS, AP)

"Barry Bonds' former mistress testified Monday that the slugger blamed a 1999 elbow injury on steroid use .

Called by federal prosecutors to the witness stand in Bonds' perjury trial, Kimberly Bell said that she asked Bonds about the problem with his left elbow, which she described as ``a big lump ... it looked awful.''

She testified that Bonds responded by saying his steroid use caused the injury, because the muscle and tendons grew too fast for the joint to handle.

``It blew out,'' she said."

"She further testified that Bonds' sexual performance declined in the later years of their relationship. She said that his testicles changed shape and shrank. Bell also testified that Bonds grew - and shaved - chest hair and developed acne on his back.

A visibly uncomfortable Bell testified that Bonds' behavior also changed in the later years of their relationship.

``He was increasingly aggressive, irritable, agitated and very impatient,'' said Bell, dressed conservatively in a gray jacket and white shirt.

She choked up as she testified that Bonds verbally abused her starting in 1999, threatening ``to cut my head off and leave me in a ditch.'' Bell alleged that Bonds threatened that ``he would cut out my breast implants because he paid for them.''

Prosecutors allege that the physical and mental changes Bell told the jury about during the last four years of their relationship are side effects of steroids use."

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Could it be that he was aggressive, irritable, easily agitated, and impatient because he never had a good relationship with the media or anyone else for that matter. The man is an asshole and admits to being one, it has nothing to do with AAS. More wasted tax payer dollars. Still waiting for those jobs bills...

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Maybe he turned into a bigger jerk because they weren't getting along? Doesn't it seem ridiculous to blame behavior that happens at the end of any relationship that ends badly on one specific thing? I turned into a d*ck before my divorce, and I am pretty sure that my wife being a b*tch wasn't from her steroid use either.

Yes, I am being sarcastic. Neither of us where on steroids , we just didn't get along.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Maybe he turned into a bigger jerk because they weren't getting along? Doesn't it seem ridiculous to blame behavior that happens at the end of any relationship that ends badly on one specific thing? I turned into a d*ck before my divorce, and I am pretty sure that my wife being a b*tch wasn't from her steroid use either.

Yes, I am being sarcastic. Neither of us where on steroids, we just didn't get along.

^^^^hahaha soooo true.. i hate the media.. lying pricks!!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    In this girl's defense, she is quite possibly telling the truth, and he was probably taking steroids . My complaint is that we are spending millions prosecuting him for saying he didn't take steroids. Yes, I know perjury can be a significant crime, but I would like to see some big mortgage brokers get this treatment. Let's go after lying sports stars AFTER we clear the books of people that have helped lead this country to ruin.

Can I get an amen?

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    A-fvcking-men

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    This is awesome... cant wait to hear more of this experts testimonial on how anabolics work and affect the human body.... the joints grew too fast huh?

lifterjaydawg is offline Senior Member
    Amen

Whitecollar10 is offline Junior Member
    Actually, his joint only appeared to grow due to his shrinking balls. An optical illusion.

...oh wait... not the joint you were refering to....

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    you know, I'm slowly starting to realize that aas is pretty much only a "problem" in the US (incl. Canada). Many other countries embrace it, and their doctors administer it for a variety of purposes, one of which is athletics.

Was sitting at the dinner table with my new Bosnian friend. he was tellling me his country uses aas for things like rehab, burn victims, aids, and on and on. he said he was 13 the first time he was given aas. i asked him about his liver (it's good) and sterility. he laughed and whipped out a wallet full of pictures of kids. he just smiles and says sterility is NOT a problem

AAS is only a problem when there is a prohibition, and forced underground. There, imperfect chemicals, and imperfect knowledge, are an even bigger problem.

(Which is why I love this board! It provides information to people that otherwise would have no access to this knowledge, and has probably prevented countless dozens of kids from using aas too young)

Public Enemy is offline Associate Member
    Yes, here in Bosnia we have AAS passed around like candy in the gym. I do not like that many adults sell it to teenage kids who know nothing about the drugs. I think there should be more responsibility. Any underground gym has AAS users ready to sell and its discussed openly. The gym i go to actually had AAS being sold within it, you just come in and choose what you want from the counter. But eventually someone told the owner of the gym that it was haram (Not good for a Muslim) to sell them so he stopped selling them openly because most people buying them had no knowledge about AAS except that it makes you muscular. I guess it was a good choice because I know two teens who misused them and god knows how many more would have followed in their footsteps. But the gym will still "hook you up" if you want to use steroids .

The cops/soldiers/atheltes all use them, at least we are being honest and realize that fighting AAS is pointless.

I don't know why America is so obsessed with stopping AAS. Its impossible and all efforts are a waste of time and money.

Thread Information