Thread: hair drug test

TUnit is offline Associate Member

hair drug test

I'm going to be applying for a new job in a month that requires a hair drug test. I smoke weed on occasion and need to pass this test. Most jobs typically test by urine, which I always quit well in advance to get clean for. Does anyone know anything about these tests? I'm wondering exactly how deep in the hair it actually is. I've shaved my head for years, so that is no problem, and I have no problem shaving everything else off. But will shaving my body completely and letting the hair grow back so it doesn't look suspicious work? Or will it still show up when it grows back? I hope my recreational activities don't offend anyone, if so I apologize in advance.

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    say your a competitive cyclist. cause they shave most areas.

im not gonna get into the weed smoking. i mean yeah if your a teenager did it few times and thats it. then yeah. but everyone knows it makes you a drop kick in the long run.

good luck with the test mate. hope it goes well

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    Shave all you want, people typically have hair up to a few inches inside their rectum, have fun plucking those babies out! IDK if they would be that strict though... That being said, regarding your recreational activities, I'm pretty sure those types of acts aren't to be discussed on this board, however, I've been known not to avoid said activities from time to time, but it shouldn't be hard to abstain from doing such things for a job. Priorities!
    Last edited by LatissimusaurousRex; 04-09-2011 at 03:57 AM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    if they can find the hair, you'll test positive.

let me ask you regarding this "shaving" theory.

Are you going to shave your eyebrows? what about your eyelashes? hair on your arms?

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Your screwed. Hair follicle test show everything for up to 3 months.

Flacco is offline Member
    I know that just like detox drinks/pills to clean your piss... there are shampoos that supposedly clean your hair for a day. I believe its probably more of a masking agent than anything and doesn't actually rid anything from your body. Its probable that the labs know about these and are looking out for them. If you do a little research on "hair test shampoo", you should be able to find the answers easily. I would join some Forum that is focused on that type of stuff and post a thread there, asking if anyone has any personal experience. Personally, I have used to Urine Cleanse once or twice which worked, but I've never met anyone that has used the shampoo. Good luck.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    No shampoo is going to penetrate to the root of your hair.

Flacco is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    No shampoo is going to penetrate to the root of your hair.
    I think there actually are some that do. More of a chemical than a shampoo though lol.
    Just found this. Better off trying something than just giving up and failing the test. Probably a pretty decent job if they're spending the money on a hair test. http://www.passahairdrugtest.com/met..._drug_test.php

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't want to sound hypocritical, since i use aas, but i'd never let a recreational drug get in the way of my career. Maybe this is a wake up call for you to make a life style change? This forum is to promote a healthy lifestyle, and recreational drugs like that are contrary to that goal. I'm not saying I don't partake, but usually only on new years, and then not every year. It's all about decisions.

BigFrankUK is offline New Member
    no clue bro bleach ur hair? or shave it all off? or a wig bro?

Oh I can quit, that's not a problem and a job is definitely more important than weed. I'm not wanting to continue smoking while trying to pass/get the job. I wouldn't let drugs interfere with a job, it's just that I just found out about this job so I wasn't worrying about getting another job at the time so smoking weed was not an issue. But now that this job has come up I want to either one, try to get the weed out of my hair, or two, just quit for a few months and get clean then apply.

I really wasn't planning on applying for another month anyways, so my "hair theory" was this. I read it takes 5-10 days from the time you smoke for the weed to show up in the hair on your scalp, so what I'm wondering is if after 2 weeks of last smoking...I shave my entire body a few weeks before I interview and let the hair grow back so they have something to test. I'm just wondering if they can still see it in NEW hair even weeks after I smoke. Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman;559***4
    if they can find the hair, you'll test positive.

let me ask you regarding this "shaving" theory.

Are you going to shave your eyebrows? what about your eyelashes? hair on your arms?
    The only thing I do not shave on my body is my legs. They can't take hair from your eyebrows or eyelashes because they are not accurate. They do the head first, then move to the chest, underarms, and finally the pubic region...from what I've read. But they said even the hair on your arms and legs is not accurate so that is rarely used. I was wanting to shave, and let new clean hair grow back. Just wondering if after I shave it if the new hair that comes in will be clean

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    It will show up, Ive taken the shampoo back in high school when I used to smoke and it worked. Good luck with the bald spot on your dome though lol. Ask them to hook you up and not cut it too deep because you don't want to look funny and if the person doing it is cool then they shouldn't go too deep.

Just follow the directions on the bottle and your fine.

l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2 View Post
    It will show up, Ive taken the shampoo back in high school when I used to smoke and it worked. Good luck with the bald spot on your dome though lol. Ask them to hook you up and not cut it too deep because you don't want to look funny and if the person doing it is cool then they shouldn't go too deep.

Just follow the directions on the bottle and your fine.
    i cant possible see how a shampoo would penetrate the root

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How about just DONT go in for the test. You know you are going to fail. Change your life style and stop trying to cheat the system. I'm not saint. I have dont many things in my past but once I was around 17, almost 18 I knew it was not worth the risk doing many of those things. I see people all the time who will loose a $100K a year job over something stupid like a fun weekend of? and getting caught.

Just decide what is more important to you. McDonald's is always looking for good help.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    How about just DONT go in for the test. You know you are going to fail. Change your life style and stop trying to cheat the system. I'm not saint. I have dont many things in my past but once I was around 17, almost 18 I knew it was not worth the risk doing many of those things. I see people all the time who will loose a $100K a year job over something stupid like a fun weekend of? and getting caught.

Just decide what is more important to you. McDonald's is always looking for good help.
    haha...I've done the fast food before, when I was 17 lol. I'm not looking for a way to cheat the system. I'm going to stop. I was just looking for a way to get clean and pass as quick as possible

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    I was told the thc shows up for 6 months in the hair. That is why they do those tests so that they can see what all you have been taking. It's kind of like cutting down a tree and looking at the growth rings. You can see each one for every year. all you can do is try. If you've stopped smoking it good. Now just shave your hair and hope it doesn't show up. If you keep it long then they can go back quite a ways to determine everything you have taken so shorter is better. As far as the latency time between when you stop smoking and when it stops showing up in the hair, that I dont know for sure. But I do know that it takes approximately 30 days to clear your system from the day you stop on the urine tests. This is an average as the less fat you have the better as the thc stores in the body fat so theoretically your body could clear it in a week or two.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Theres a lotttt of self righteous f**king bullshit in this thread coming from people who are doing a drug that is frowned upon by the general public with much more disdain than marijuana is. What this adult chooses to do in the privacy of his own home, using his own money, and having the potential to harm no one but himself, is absolutely his business only, and none of you have the right to pass judgement on his choice to use a mind altering substance for recreational purposes, in the same way that I feel no one has the right to pass judgement on any of us for using substances which alter our physique, so long as the use of either substances does not cause a deleterious effect on soceity or put anyone else in danger. Hope some of you guys are wearing a helmet, because it's gonna hurt when you fall off your high horse.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Hope you weren't referring to my post, as I was just sayin that it is good if he has quit already so his system can start clearing out for the test ahead. As I would in no way judge anyone for any recreational drug use. Let he who is without sin pass the first joint. Just please use a zigzag paper, as they burn better.

Thread Information