songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~

Do you think viedo games make kids less active

I dont know about you.But when I was a kid I couldnt wait to go outside to play.Now most of the kids will sit for hours.On a nice summer day.Playing these dumb games.The sad thing is I bet over half of them dont knowwat the 7th inning strech is.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    yes and alot of big kids also, i dont get adults with these fvckin things, i left all behind with my atari when i was 10

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    You could not keep me in the house. Ever ever ever. Could not stand coming back inside.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    You could not keep me in the house. Ever ever ever. Could not stand coming back inside.
    me either, i was surrounded by hills and woodland and spent most of my childhood exploring

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Duke nukem made me gay.

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    I play the odd time but very little now a days. I know for it to not take over my life and how the hell did dn do that :P

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Yeah my son in law that I just met.Well while he lived with me for a while.I was really impressed with a 32 yr old guy spending hrs on that sh1t.I asked my daughter where she found that one.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I use to play battlefield2 for about 8 hrs straight a day. It was bad lol

Blog Entries
    i was an asteroids junkie mofo

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    i agree kids today are spending more time at computer games not like when i was a kid I'm addicted to sports.

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    my parents wouldnt let me back in the house. so i didnt really have a choice. but i feel like one of those gamers with the amount of time im on this site.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    when I was a kid, me and my bike were inseperable. When it got dark, mom would come outside and yell for us to come home. Reluctantly, and slowly, we did. Half the time we would get in trouble because we took too long.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I dont know about you.But when I was a kid I couldnt wait to go outside to play.Now most of the kids will sit for hours.On a nice summer day.Playing these dumb games.The sad thing is I bet over half of them dont knowwat the 7th inning strech is.
    Whatīs that?

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    ^^lol, My PS3 is coated with dust, I dont have time for it anymore. But to answer the question. I have a 10 year old nephew that weighs as much as I do from playing video games all day and refusing to go outside. (he hates coming to my house)

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    When I was a kid I played video games for hours. I think a total of 3 or 4 hrs. Pong got boring quick.

Walking up the power-line trails looking for frogs or snakes was always fun. Playing in the ponds and swampy areas, exploring the woods making up games. Using sticks or pulling out the limb from an old rotten stump always make for a good ray gun. pine-cones always worked for hand grenades.

As I got older it was BB guns, larger rope swings, riding the bike up the power-lines to the closest town just to see if you can make it then spend the next 3hrs+ riding home. Walking a couple of miles down to the river to fish, exploring the old mine shaft you weren't supposed to go into or trying to find something new.

LOL, yeah I can remember being 3 blocks from home and hearing my mom calling for me to come home to eat. Can you imagine that now days. hahahahaha

I remember there always being the one or two fat kids at school but almost never in the neighborhood playing. Now days a large majority of the kids are fat.

Video games like anything else needs to me monitored and a time limit put on them. Same as TV and computers. All the girls though of legal age can have computers in their bedroom and video chat as much as they want.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 04-10-2011 at 03:57 AM.

olderfella is offline Associate Member
    Whithout doubt kids spend far to much time playing these games thats why worldwide we have an epidemic of lard asses,

Flier is offline Productive Member
    When my daughter was 6, I split with her mother, and I took full custody, Mom moved 3000 miles away.
    My Goooooood how much easier parenting became.....my rules only.

No more crap sugar foods. The concept of giving a kid a treat in the shape op poison (candy)...what the hell? It was out!

Video games...ooooooooutttttaaaaa heeeeere!
    Why have something, and then restrict it?

Even more ridiculous is Gameboys! Are u serious?, the kid canīt sit in a car or at the beach, or on a plane, bus without being "entertained".
    Think about it. Road trips, parents up front, talking, observing buildings, nature, sky, change of scenery......kid(s) in the back buried in a virtual world, or staring at the car video screen.
    That is taking so much away from the child. The child should be involved in the car conversation, being encouraged to observe the trees, birds, architecture.
    And in large stretches, the kid should just sit and daydream, how many great careers, inventions etc, started with a child daydreaming?
    During periods of months, when moving, also no TV. 99% of TV is just garbage, all those stupid shows, especially in the US. Fries our brains.
    Remember the feeling when we completely loose ourselves in a book? Fiction, science, donīt matter. We need to give our kids the same gift.

No videogames of any shape or size, very limited TV. PC is sadly a must, but no Facebook, Twitter, or any other virtual community.

Loooooooove being a single Dad...hehe...no arguments.
    Amazing...how kids donīt miss what they donīt have. Iīve told other parents, "Just throw that fuking game in the trash. There will be crying today, tomorrow forgotten". The Dads always agree, but the Moms....jeeeze, Iīve been in more than a few arguments regarding this.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yep, they are soft today.

Could not keep me inside and in one place for more then 10 minutes as a kid.

MBMETC is offline Anabolic Member
    I allow my 8 year old to have a wii and xbox360, but i also have a garage full of bike's, dirt bike's, electric ride ons a basketball hoop and a pool in the yard. in the summertime or when the weather starts getting nice he's outside all day long. There's nothing wrong with a little video game entertainment when the weather is crappy.

Thread Information