dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries

just when id thought id seen it all

i recently took a new doorman job, at a comedy club (dublin). been there a few w'ends now and thought it was a nice easy job, just remind ppl to not chat while the performers are on stage etc. peace of piss far away from the grueling nightclub scene id been in, or so i thought
    had a group of english lads in tonight on a stag, some had seen a long day and were falling aleep through the 1st act, waited until the interval and asked them to leave. no probs with em at all and they thanked me for my patience etc.

bout an hour later one of the group starts continually chatting to his mate, i ask 3 times for him to consider the act and customers but no, 'fvck you mick cvnt' is the reply.
    i step back and wait for the act to finish before i ask him to shift. at the point of getting him to leave his mates stand up, 'we'll take him out' i say fair enough, he extends his fist towards me so i push it down and his mate comes in from the side so i look towards him and outa the corner of my eye i see the troublemaker coming at me with a glass, dodged him and headlocked the toolbag and dragged him out by the neck.

so just when i thought id seen it all, i misread my environment and it nearly cost me a slashed face.
    Last edited by dec11; 04-09-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    I would not have missed...

Jk. Nicely done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigd89 View Post
    I would not have missed...

Jk. Nicely done.
    fvck you, lol
    im no ufc'r but ive speed and reflexes like a cat and the sheer brute strength of an bull, saved me on a good few occasions in this game.
    i love the look on their faces when they realise im at least 75% stronger than them, its all 'i'll leave, i'll leave'! lol

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    That's Our Dec!!!

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    fvck you, lol
    im no ufc'r but ive speed and reflexes like a cat and the sheer brute strength of an bull, saved me on a good few occasions in this game.
    i love the look on their faces when they realise im at least 75% stronger than them, its all 'i'll leave, i'll leave'! lol
    People really do underestimate" muscular guys" as far as thinking we are slow. Im no ufc either, im EXTREMELY laid back and most people actually run over me...ill take it for a while. I avoid confrontation, I hate violence. The moment I feel disrespected I black out and go into rage mode. 3-0 since I was 17.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    You speak funny.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    You speak funny.
    apparently like a 'mick cvnt'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigd89 View Post
    People really do underestimate" muscular guys" as far as thinking we are slow. Im no ufc either, im EXTREMELY laid back and most people actually run over me...ill take it for a while. I avoid confrontation, I hate violence. The moment I feel disrespected I black out and go into rage mode. 3-0 since I was 17.
    everyone does, trust me, its all an act apart from the true psychos who are extremely few. its a case of which dog barks the loudest. ive backed down three and more guys before at work just by seeming like a lunatic, all psychological.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I love the look on a groups face when one guy stands up to them with the confidence of ten guys. It really throws them off because they are banking on you being intimidated.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    I love the look on a groups face when one guy stands up to them with the confidence of ten guys. It really throws them off because they are banking on you being intimidated.
    bingo, works every time aswell. these groups have a pack instinct, they look to their leader and if he/she doesnt react straight off, its game over, you have the situation under control. ive noticed how much body language helps, walk in with your hands in your pocket and they'll laugh it off and disregard you, arms folded and they'll tell you to fvck off but hands down and slightly out from your side and they look for their leader or look at the ground

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    bingo, works every time aswell. these groups have a pack instinct, they look to their leader and if he/she doesnt react straight off, its game over, you have the situation under control. ive noticed how much body language helps, walk in with your hands in your pocket and they'll laugh it off and disregard you, arms folded and they'll tell you to fvck off but hands down and slightly out from your side and they look for their leader or look at the ground
    Not my dog. He thinks you are getting a handful of treats and will jump on YOU!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Not my dog. He thinks you are getting a handful of treats and will jump on YOU!
    lol, my dals think its treat time 24/7!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Mic Cvnt?

Is that like a McFry or a McBurger?

or are we talking about ronalds woman?

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Dw dec, the aesthetic crew always has your back.

Uncle$ is offline Junior Member
    With a hairdo like that I'd just combine it into one giant spike, use some mad gel (preferably plaster/concrete) next time someone comes at you lower your head and charge like a rhino! If I saw that I wouldn't know what to think! Lol.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Great job Dec!!

I worked the clubs on Miami Beach for 3 years, and never once threw a fist.
    Communication, confidence, and a firm grip does it every time. An intimidating physique doesen´t hurt either :-)

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I always liked the way Patrick Swayze took care of it in Road House. I dont mean the fighting but the attitude and teaching how to work it without throwing a punch or loosing your cool.

Thread Information