Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 56
  1. #1
    wmaousley's Avatar
    wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kuwait/Florida
    Posts
    3,518

    France bans niqab!!!!!!!!

    On Monday France started a country wide ban on women wearing the full face veil (Niqab).


    I think its a great idea and support it 100%. What do you think?

  2. #2
    terraj's Avatar
    terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,280
    We go to the middle east, we must abide by dress codes.

  3. #3
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,779
    No everyone should be like the US and bend over backwards to accommodate everyone else and all their beliefs, holidays and customs including if any of ours; the ones our country was founded on and if by chance any of them offend someone or is in contradiction to theirs we make sure to remove them from our culture and history.

    I'm glad to see some places are starting to stand up to their beliefs/laws/regulations. I mean it's simple, when you move someplace you should respect and expect to live by their laws. If you want it to be the same as where you are from then by all means stay there...

    When I go to other countries I follow their dress code although yes there are people who are stupid and dont but most places will tell you that you cant dress like this or that and either you abide by the rules or leave. Simple.

  4. #4
    wmaousley's Avatar
    wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kuwait/Florida
    Posts
    3,518
    ^^You guys are absolutely right, now the women that wear the niqab in France are protesting while wearing their niqab to defy France's law. Basically doing on purpose to piss the Gov. off. These people (nevermind its pointless to say)

  5. #5
    auslifta's Avatar
    auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    flying from the ashes
    Posts
    3,966
    We need that to happen here too

  6. #6
    clemont51 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    261
    Europe is on a path of self-destruction via the importation of people that
    will not and cannot be westernized. Suicide. (dumb shits should have learned
    from America's problems)

  7. #7
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    My dog is pissed.


  8. #8
    auslifta's Avatar
    auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    flying from the ashes
    Posts
    3,966
    Lmao

  9. #9
    olderfella is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    204

    Smile

    Good on France our government should grow some balls and do the same,as stated if we go to middle east we have to abide by their laws,as for the protesting women rag the rags off their heads should they repeat their offence deport them dont fxck about with em

  10. #10
    Matt's Avatar
    Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    No source checks
    Posts
    31,195
    Blog Entries
    1
    Its the first thing the french have ever done that makes any sense imo....
    Do not ask me for a source check.






  11. #11
    Kawigirl's Avatar
    Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,988
    I think its a bold movement on France's part...and good for them. I hope more countries follow (and support fully)

  12. #12
    zabster151's Avatar
    zabster151 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    812
    looks like France is the only one's with balls around here.
    go France!

    the US is more like a handy caped child

  13. #13
    awms is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,754
    You cant tell somone what they can and cannot wear in a democratic country...its bull shit. If they are not hurting anyone then who cares? does it effect you? No.

    I live in Toronto Canada the most multicultural city in the world and although I dont enjoy being a minority (Im white) I dont think its right to judge somone based on their faith or the colour of their skin....come out of the back woods and stop being such a hick! If it doesnt effect your life then who the **** cares?

    The reason (atleast in canada) that white people are fast becoming the minority is because white canadians no longer have the same values as we once did, we dont put priority on family and so you see alot of white families with very few children or with no children...middle eastern and asian families still have strong family values and have 5 plus children...in western culture we put priority on money and objects no family.

    Remeber we were all immigrant at one point or another.

  14. #14
    olderfella is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    204
    Sorry but i have to disagree can white women walk round muslim land wearing bikini?No they have to abide by their rules its their country so they are right to have their beliefs and laws, france is not under islamic law but have their own laws so why cant these people abide by the laws of france?if they dont like it they know where the airport is,if you choose to live in a foreign country you should be prepared to abide by its laws,alot of islamic countries still stone people to death on the local football field,would this affect you if they did it in your town?No but you wouldnt want your kids watchin it would you

  15. #15
    Kawigirl's Avatar
    Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by olderfella View Post
    Sorry but i have to disagree can white women walk round muslim land wearing bikini?No they have to abide by their rules its their country so they are right to have their beliefs and laws, france is not under islamic law but have their own laws so why cant these people abide by the laws of france?if they dont like it they know where the airport is,if you choose to live in a foreign country you should be prepared to abide by its laws,alot of islamic countries still stone people to death on the local football field,would this affect you if they did it in your town?No but you wouldnt want your kids watchin it would you

    The decision was not based on religion....it was based on the safety and security of land......

    When someone walks into a bank......do you think it would be welcoming to see a covered face? Perhaps...security at an airport.....

    And I too live in Canada.....I must abide by rules and laws in other countries...no matter how outlandish they may seem to my OWN culture..its no different anywhere else.

    Respect

  16. #16
    olderfella is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    204
    Choose what the alleged reason for the ban i still believe if you want to live in someones country do as their laws command or get out

  17. #17
    stack_it's Avatar
    stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pin it to win it!
    Posts
    8,296
    I don't disagree with there decision at all. IMO if they wanna wear it let them but put obvious restrictions on it such as the airport and govt buildings. That being said I'll stir up the pot a little and ask that if the Muslim countries in the middle east made it mandatory to wear one (punishable by law) whethe you were a resident or a visitor would you be ok with that?

  18. #18
    Kawigirl's Avatar
    Kawigirl is offline Knowledgeable~Female Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    I don't disagree with there decision at all. IMO if they wanna wear it let them but put obvious restrictions on it such as the airport and govt buildings. That being said I'll stir up the pot a little and ask that if the Muslim countries in the middle east made it mandatory to wear one (punishable by law) whethe you were a resident or a visitor would you be ok with that?
    Thats my point.....whether you agree based on your own cultural values has no bases on someone elses in their country.

  19. #19
    olderfella is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    204
    I would be fine as its their country so they make the rules,i wouldnt go their if that was their law,as it happens i have no wish to visit anywhere out of the british isles,but i get peed off here as i cant go in a bank or post office wearing a crash helmet but they can go in these buildings with their faces covered its time our government stopped being pc (pathetic cvnts) and grew a pair

  20. #20
    calgarian's Avatar
    calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tim 'er and Rim 'er
    Posts
    31,336
    Quote Originally Posted by olderfella View Post
    Sorry but i have to disagree can white women walk round muslim land wearing bikini?No they have to abide by their rules its their country so they are right to have their beliefs and laws, france is not under islamic law but have their own laws so why cant these people abide by the laws of france?if they dont like it they know where the airport is,if you choose to live in a foreign country you should be prepared to abide by its laws,alot of islamic countries still stone people to death on the local football field,would this affect you if they did it in your town?No but you wouldnt want your kids watchin it would you
    I am guessing u never been to Dubai.....As far as the decision goes I couldn't careless.

  21. #21
    BgMc31's Avatar
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vegas, bitches!!!
    Posts
    3,855
    The burqua and the niqab aren't mandated by Islam. They are cultural garb used by Arabs and Persians. So the muslims protesting that its an afront on their religion are ignorant about their own religion.

    I fully support this ban. We can't walk into a bank with our face covered, nor can we walk into just about any store, bar, casino, or place of business with our faces covered. This isn't a cultural or religious issue, but rather its a security issue.

  22. #22
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    ^^You guys are absolutely right, now the women that wear the niqab in France are protesting while wearing their niqab to defy France's law. Basically doing on purpose to piss the Gov. off. These people (nevermind its pointless to say)
    good source of revenue. haha

    fine em all

  23. #23
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by zabster151 View Post
    looks like France is the only one's with balls around here.
    go France!

    the US is more like a handy caped child
    no not really. we wont tell them what they can and cannot wear because of rights. much of europe doesnt have the same foundation in rights as the U.S.

    ...but good for france on this decision. there is a culture war and the people from the middle east actually want to take over the continent by taking advantage of europes decline in birthrates.

  24. #24
    awms is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by olderfella View Post
    Sorry but i have to disagree can white women walk round muslim land wearing bikini?No they have to abide by their rules its their country so they are right to have their beliefs and laws, france is not under islamic law but have their own laws so why cant these people abide by the laws of france?if they dont like it they know where the airport is,if you choose to live in a foreign country you should be prepared to abide by its laws,alot of islamic countries still stone people to death on the local football field,would this affect you if they did it in your town?No but you wouldnt want your kids watchin it would you
    Yes but we live in a FREE DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY, you act like we live in a third world dictatorships...If I want to wear a balaclava and a shirt that says **** you I can do it...as long as it does not affect you life it does not matter.

    The reason the U.S and Canada are the best places to live in the world is because they are FREE and truly DEMOCRATIC.

    You want to model your country after a country like iraq or iran? because that is what you are proposing.

  25. #25
    awms is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,754
    My view is wear what ever you want as long as it is not harming anyone and If you need to be identified for saftey or other wise then of course you should have to take it off but to ban it 100% is un fair.

  26. #26
    wmaousley's Avatar
    wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kuwait/Florida
    Posts
    3,518
    Quote Originally Posted by olderfella View Post
    Sorry but i have to disagree can white women walk round muslim land wearing bikini? Yes in Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai, Oman, Egypt ect. No they have to abide by their rules its their country so they are right to have their beliefs and laws, france is not under islamic law but have their own laws so why cant these people abide by the laws of france?if they dont like it they know where the airport is,if you choose to live in a foreign country you should be prepared to abide by its laws,alot of islamic countries still stone people to death on the local football field,would this affect you if they did it in your town?No but you wouldnt want your kids watchin it would you
    See bold

  27. #27
    wmaousley's Avatar
    wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kuwait/Florida
    Posts
    3,518
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    I don't disagree with there decision at all. IMO if they wanna wear it let them but put obvious restrictions on it such as the airport and govt buildings. That being said I'll stir up the pot a little and ask that if the Muslim countries in the middle east made it mandatory to wear one (punishable by law) whethe you were a resident or a visitor would you be ok with that? Saudi Arabia is a great example of mandatory wear of the Hijab & Habaya! I fully respect that
    See bold Sir

  28. #28
    wmaousley's Avatar
    wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kuwait/Florida
    Posts
    3,518
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    The burqua and the niqab aren't mandated by Islam. They are cultural garb used by Arabs and Persians. So the muslims protesting that its an afront on their religion are ignorant about their own religion.

    I fully support this ban. We can't walk into a bank with our face covered, nor can we walk into just about any store, bar, casino, or place of business with our faces covered. This isn't a cultural or religious issue, but rather its a security issue.
    Thank you sir for posting that, this shows that most Muslim men & women are uneducated about their own religion. I have spoken to many people over the years about the wear of the niqab and most think its a part of islam, but its a cultural thing as you say, and most of the women wearing this are in KSA, Qatar & Kuwait. The Kuwaiti government issued a statement advising all travelers to France to abide by and respect their laws. (Happy to hear this)
    Last edited by wmaousley; 04-12-2011 at 11:28 PM.

  29. #29
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,779
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Its the first thing the french have ever done that makes any sense imo....
    hahahaha I was going to say something similar but decided to give them a break since they where doing the right thing now. Hopefully they follow through and some of the other countries will follow suite.

  30. #30
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,779
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    Yes but we live in a FREE DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY, you act like we live in a third world dictatorships...If I want to wear a balaclava and a shirt that says **** you I can do it...as long as it does not affect you life it does not matter.

    The reason the U.S and Canada are the best places to live in the world is because they are FREE and truly DEMOCRATIC.

    You want to model your country after a country like iraq or iran? because that is what you are proposing.
    You are so wrong and you logic is flawed. Because we live in a democratic society does not give us the right do do or dress as we want but only what is acceptable and not putting others at risk. Yes covering your face is a risk in to many ways to go into and if you cant see it then it's because you are unwilling to face any of the facts and the only thing that matters is YOUR opinion.

    If you had a white color job and your job required (like many do) you to wear a suit or some type of formal wear and not casual wear do you think it would be tolerated for long if you went in wearing shorts and a Hawaiian shirt or tank top? You may say it's your democratic right to wear what you want but you will still be out of work soon enough and looking for a new job. I could give you another thousand examples but again, if you fail to see the logic then it's because you just dont want to.

    No we want to model our country after what it was/is like where you can not wear a mask, bandanna or??? over your face to avoid identification into most places. Maybe someday you will own a business and see how comfortable you are when a group of people come in wearing something covering their face. Now once you get robbed try identifying them. LOL

    Thankfully every once in a while someone will make a stand that makes sense and stand up against stupidity.
    http://www.wwco.com/~wls/blog/2005/0...-a-great-idea/

  31. #31
    crazy_rocks's Avatar
    crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    Yes but we live in a FREE DEMOCRATIC COUNTRY, you act like we live in a third world dictatorships...If I want to wear a balaclava and a shirt that says **** you I can do it...as long as it does not affect you life it does not matter.

    The reason the U.S and Canada are the best places to live in the world is because they are FREE and truly DEMOCRATIC.

    You want to model your country after a country like iraq or iran? because that is what you are proposing.
    actually we live in a republic

  32. #32
    jimmyinkedup's Avatar
    jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Scamming my brothers
    Posts
    11,286
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Its the first thing the french have ever done that makes any sense imo....
    So true..i cant stand the french...for several resons ..but even i agree with this action. Myabe its a sign they are changing?

    Naa..they are still prob whiny little phaggots with no respect or recollection of history . If they did they would treat the appropraite countries with proper respect and support. Plus they should just give it up , Lance Armstrong beat them at their national sport ...years after year...f off you french phaggots.,,but good job on this.

  33. #33
    stevey_6t9's Avatar
    stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mt. Olympus
    Posts
    3,991

  34. #34
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    ^^^ Picture speaks a thousand words.

  35. #35
    wmaousley's Avatar
    wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kuwait/Florida
    Posts
    3,518
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    For the life of me I cant believe this is in any way real. According to the US State Department, Ears,forehead, chin, nose, eyes must be shown if a picture is required for a government document, i.e.. Passport, Drivers License, state ID ect...

    Also under eyes it says Hidden (LOL) Height 6'3" lmao. plus the issue date post dates 9/11, Her name is a Shiite name and they dont wear a burqa so I am 110% sure this is fake.

    BTW her address is the campus for Princeton University
    Last edited by wmaousley; 04-13-2011 at 11:28 PM.

  36. #36
    Tigershark's Avatar
    Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    13,289
    For the first time ever I agree with France.

  37. #37
    stevey_6t9's Avatar
    stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Mt. Olympus
    Posts
    3,991
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    For the life of me I cant believe this is in any way real. According to the US State Department, Ears,forehead, chin, nose, eyes must be shown if a picture is required for a government document, i.e.. Passport, Drivers License, state ID ect...

    Also under eyes it says Hidden (LOL) Height 6'3" lmao. plus the issue date post dates 9/11, Her name is a Shiite name and they dont wear a burqa so I am 110% sure this is fake.

    BTW her address is the campus for Princeton University
    thats it your goin to die now...


  38. #38
    wmaousley's Avatar
    wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kuwait/Florida
    Posts
    3,518
    This is a Bosnian document for the same person. its def fake. Its saye her birth place is Kirkuk, Iraq. Iraqi Women dont wear this dress.


    Attachment 115092

  39. #39
    wmaousley's Avatar
    wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kuwait/Florida
    Posts
    3,518
    Quote Originally Posted by stevey_6t9 View Post
    thats it your goin to die now...

    hahah lol funny bro

  40. #40
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •