Thread: Allergies

optionsdude is offline Member

Allergies

I've never had allergies before I'm in my mid 40's now and this year I had full blown allergies. Itchy watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing, itchy ears, this sucks. My friend took a series of shots last year and now he has little to no allergy symptoms during allergy symptoms. Have any of you guys done the shots while on TRT? Would it be safe to do these shots while on TRT? I did try claritin,zyrtec,and some others and they really din't help.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    yes they would be safe. i tried the allergy shots and they worked ok. it was not a quick fix as it is a series of shots. it all depends on your immune system and how it will react to the shots. one thing that has helped me out this year was overloading on vitamin C. i have been taking about 500mg, three times a day or more. and yes, i know that your body will flush out the excess of the vitamin, but it has been working good so far. it has definitely cut down on the severity of my allergies. during the spring, i usually have real bad asthma and sinus problems because of all of the pollen in the air. go see an allergist and get tested if you feel the need to. i am not a doctor or anything to that nature, just going by life experiences. good luck

optionsdude is offline Member
    Thanks ragin. I am going to see my dr soon and will have him refer me to an allergy doc. I was just amazed at how bad I felt and for how long I felt that way. The headaches were just awful. It has toned down a little to just itchy throat, eyes, and ears. Nose still runny but not nearly as bad. Spring has always been my favorite time of year and now I'm not so sure.

Thread Information