Jackandcoke is offline New Member

Wink HEY!!!! Please vote and make a change!

I'm doing a final project for one of my classes. I know most of you are like , but I hope you can take the time out and make a change with voting to enable direct democracy!

PS: You can just make up the email or whatever. Please vote! Thanks again!

Link: http://www.govtogether.com/user281

Synopsis:GovTogether aims specifically to enable citizens in a voting district to propose, deliberate and vote directly on legislation. This will be accomplished in large part via a web-based utility where registered users can communicate amongst themselves, with their elected representatives, and vote. The utility will serve as the central feature of a multi-faceted system (e.g., local walk-in centers, direct mailings, televoting, text message alerts and smart-phone applications) that we envision enabling all citizens to participate equally and meaningfully.

Once we build the utility, communities interested in this form of governance, and individuals interested in running for public office on a direct democracy platform, would have this free public tool at their disposal. Communities inclined to adopt this system will elect legislators (on the federal, state, and local levels) - who are voted into office on the pledge to abide by this system - to legislate on issues in direct accordance with the majority vote of the people in the elected official's district.

Our fundamental goal is to enhance U.S. democracy. We believe the best way to accomplish this is by "hacking" the current representative system to inject direct democracy into American governance. If done properly, opening up legislation to the crowd will result in legislation that is more intelligent and more representative of the wants and needs of the people, thus bringing us closer to the ideals this country was founded on - that we are all equal and thus should all have an equal say in creating the laws we are subject to.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member

Thread Information