Thread: Leg training

bernimx is offline Associate Member

Leg training

Hey guys,

For my last two legs workout, I haven't been able to train my calves. I do them at the end of my routine. I'll jump on the leg press to do calves raises on it, and after a couple reps I get a very weird feel in my calves muscles, it REALLY feels like I am about to get a cramp. I rest a bit, try again and the same thing happens. What the hell is this? Am I just getting a bigger pump and I should just ignore it? I just don't want to get injured. The same kind of thing happens on leg curls. Right when it gets hard, I get some kind of ''cramp warning'' so I have to quit the set, without being able to push it really...

Any tips?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Drink more water or a sports drink, you might have dehydration and electrolyte imbalances. Also make sure you have enough potassium.

Personally I like the calf cramps, it gives me a good pump with less work. I regularly make them flex and cramp a little while just sitting in a chair at work. You get use to the cramp after a while and it doesnt hurt much. LOL

bernimx is offline Associate Member
    I defnitely drink over a gallon a day, and try to drink the most I can. As for the potassium, I've been eating a banana daily for the last two weeks for that purpose, and it doesn't seem to be helping.

livingwithdoms is offline Associate Member
    My calves definitely cramp up too fast, hurts like hell.

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    Maybe try splitting up your leg workout into two days, quads on one and hams/calves for the other.

Thread Information