Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    thegodfather's Avatar
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    3,511

    Jesse Jackson Jr blames the iPad for UNEMPLOYMENT IN AMERICA!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5X8W...layer_embedded


    Yes thats right...Government intervention isn't the problem with our economy, it's the iPad!!!

    What a blithering idiot. The fact that such a moron can get elected to Congress is scary, and speaks volumes about WHO his constituents are, and what socioeconomic class they hail from (I'll leave that up to you guys to guess).

    He claims the iPad is killing jobs, because 1. they are produced in China, and 2. some colleges are going to a "textless" classroom, where they hope to have all books on iPads. He says this will hurt publishing companies.

    Now listen very closely to what I say next. This is where the blatent stupidity and hypocrisy of DEMOCRATS comes into play. They blame everything BUT government for the recession. I.e.- the recession was caused BY government intervention into the market, by unequal deregulation and regulation, and by continued intervention into the market with bailout funds. Government involved itself with picking winners and losers, and when they do that, we all lose, because government is inherently bad and inadequate at picking winners and losers, government is not smart. Second, Democrats are the suppposed "GREEN PARTY," yet this fu**ing retard, opposes a device which would SEVERELY cut back on the number of trees which need to be cut down in order to MAKE TEXTBOOKS. Democrats are supposed to be "Progressive," yet this clown, is clearly AGAINST PROGRESS. A device like the iPad is REVOLUTIONARY, and could go a LONG WAY to reducing the amount of paper we use if we go "textless," I mean afterall, that was one of the major advantages to computers & e-mail when it first came out, we anticipated a huge reduction in the use of paper. Now, the reality was that paper usage and printing went up something like 400%. However, this is a new animal, and if it stands the chance at reducing the amount of paper used for texts, well, you would think that would appease the fu**ing tree hugger save the whales *****'s in the Democratic party.

    Alas though, Democrats, the ultimate flip floppers, who are against logic and sanity. So, next time you have to file for unemployment, please make sure to send Steve Jobs over at Apple some hate mail, because HE'S the reason you're out of work, even if you dont work for a publishing company.

  2. #2
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    I just watched that video like 15 mins ago. I was laughing my @$$ off.

  3. #3
    cyounger100's Avatar
    cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    928
    the guy a complete utter fcking moron

  4. #4
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    My wife is writing steve jobs as we speak

    ~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  5. #5
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,448
    And we all know Al Gore created the internet so it just goes to show you how smart these guys are.

    I love this comment that someone left.
    Yeah! And also, all these automobile manufacturers are responsible for all unemployed horse carriage builders!

    hahahaha exactly.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 04-18-2011 at 08:21 AM.

  6. #6
    supersetman is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    267
    lol, what a crazy argument.

  7. #7
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    What? You mean he's not blaming the white man for this latest problem? Or is he? Hmmm


  8. #8
    stack_it's Avatar
    stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pin it to win it!
    Posts
    8,296
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I just watched that video like 15 mins ago. I was laughing my @$$ off.
    Did u watch it on your iPad?

  9. #9
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    His argument makes sense if you take it at face value...and don't think. He points to the fact that you can read books on these devices, and then makes the jump in logic that it caused Barnes and Noble to go out of business. B&N going out of business means a bunch of people out of work.

    Makes perfect sense, as long as you don't take into consideration the design (hardware, and web), planning, marketing and IT people being hired by businesses that sell digital books and make digital readers. And the sales, IT, consulting and support people hired by the companies setting up the data centers for these digital book resellers. And Apple geniuses and Best Buy sales people. And... well, I suppose I could go on and on.

  10. #10
    stack_it's Avatar
    stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pin it to win it!
    Posts
    8,296
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    His argument makes sense if you take it at face value...and don't think. He points to the fact that you can read books on these devices, and then makes the jump in logic that it caused Barnes and Noble to go out of business. B&N going out of business means a bunch of people out of work.

    Makes perfect sense, as long as you don't take into consideration the design (hardware, and web), planning, marketing and IT people being hired by businesses that sell digital books and make digital readers. And the sales, IT, consulting and support people hired by the companies setting up the data centers for these digital book resellers. And Apple geniuses and Best Buy sales people. And... well, I suppose I could go on and on.
    So basically what you're saying is that it makes sense as long as you don't think about it?

  11. #11
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    I'm not going to think about it cause if I think that you thought that he thought that to think that their thinking is flawed then I'd have to rethink it. Just thinking out loud.

  12. #12
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    So basically what you're saying is that it makes sense as long as you don't think about it?
    Yes, I am saying he is using faulty logic, assumptions and omissions to make an emotional appeal to people that take everything as face value and never put an ounce of thought into what they hear.

    I suppose what I am saying is that he is not an idiot. He is a liar. I am frustrated that politicians get away with this rubbish.

    I suppose I should have just said that rather than giving an example.
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 04-18-2011 at 11:49 AM.

  13. #13
    stack_it's Avatar
    stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pin it to win it!
    Posts
    8,296
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Yes, I am saying he is using faulty logic, assumptions and omissions to make an emotional appeal to people that take everything as face value and never put an ounce of thought into what they hear.

    I suppose what I am saying is that he is not an idiot. He is a liar. I am frustrated that politicians get away with this rubbish.

    I suppose I should have just said that rather than giving an example.
    Yeah I got your point. I always say that being a smartass and was just simplifying it for everyone lol.

  14. #14
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    I assumed everyone could hear the sarcastic tone I was thinking in. Oops, forgot this is the internet.

  15. #15
    markiejw's Avatar
    markiejw is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    104
    Haha, the good ole Reverend Junior... I swear, something is wrong with this guy. He is just out of his mind sometimes.

  16. #16
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Did u watch it on your iPad?
    I honestly did. I was taking a shit reading the news on my Ipad 2.

  17. #17
    BgMc31's Avatar
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vegas, bitches!!!
    Posts
    3,855
    Innovation doesn't cause people to lose jobs? Of course it does, in some instances. Take the newspaper industry for instance, the internet has caused many people in the newspaper industry to lose their jobs. Take the video rental business as another example, Blockbuster is on the verge of bankruptcy because of netflix and redbox.

    Godfather, while we know you are very well versed in politics, just because people don't lend themselves to your way of thinking, doesn't make them dumb, moronic, or stupid. Your rant about democrats is off based and insulting.

    While I don't agree with his total point about the IPad, you cannot deny that he has a point, even though its a bit of flawed logic. Your suggestion that government is inherently bad, then what is the alternative? No government? That is anarchy and doesn't work as well. We can debate your logic that ANY government interference into free market capitalism is bad. I can argue the counter point that limited government involvement protects consumers and protects markets.

    My point behind this post isn't to villify your way of thinking but merely an attempt to bring into focus that resorting to name calling based on your way of thinking doesn't make for a compelling argument.

  18. #18
    thegodfather's Avatar
    thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Middle East
    Posts
    3,511
    Quote Originally Posted by BgMc31 View Post
    Innovation doesn't cause people to lose jobs? Of course it does, in some instances. Take the newspaper industry for instance, the internet has caused many people in the newspaper industry to lose their jobs. Take the video rental business as another example, Blockbuster is on the verge of bankruptcy because of netflix and redbox.

    Godfather, while we know you are very well versed in politics, just because people don't lend themselves to your way of thinking, doesn't make them dumb, moronic, or stupid. Your rant about democrats is off based and insulting.

    While I don't agree with his total point about the IPad, you cannot deny that he has a point, even though its a bit of flawed logic. Your suggestion that government is inherently bad, then what is the alternative? No government? That is anarchy and doesn't work as well. We can debate your logic that ANY government interference into free market capitalism is bad. I can argue the counter point that limited government involvement protects consumers and protects markets.

    My point behind this post isn't to villify your way of thinking but merely an attempt to bring into focus that resorting to name calling based on your way of thinking doesn't make for a compelling argument.
    BgMc, I apologize if I offended you as a Democrat, sometimes I forget that they are here also. I honestly, try not to get sucked into the Left vs. Right debate, as the majority of the Republican party is also out of step with my political viewpoints. I belong to a very small minority of Republicans (libertarian leaning, tea party conservatives) as opposed to the pervasive neo-conservative viewpoint espoused by most Republicans. My rant was mostly about the assertions of Jesse Jackson Jr, that the iPad was the cause for many of the woes of society and the economy. When new inventions and technology come out, that is progress for society, and the viewpoint of Mr.Jackson, is essentially one of anti-progress, which bothers me. As if we should stop making technological progress so that we can preserve jobs for people that work at printing presses and publishing companies. Undoubtedly, when automated welders and robots were invented, a number of people in the automobile industry lost their jobs, but what did we gain from that innovation? Well, we gained SAFER automobiles, with safer welds, tolerances, and precise engineering in the components of those vehicles. Additionally, we gained efficiency, had less wasted materials, etc. Almost all innovations are good ones (except for perhaps, the Maxim machinegun, lol), and to have some blithering idiot stand up and argue against innovation and progress is most bothersome. I hope you understand where I'm coming from a little bit better now.

  19. #19
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    Technology has put a lot of people out of work in my industry. In fact, it made several tools, and the people that used them, completely irrelevant in short period of time. But, we now do design work that would have take several days in a couple of hours. Proofs can be approved instantly and final files sent to the vendor in minutes.

  20. #20
    BgMc31's Avatar
    BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vegas, bitches!!!
    Posts
    3,855
    Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    BgMc, I apologize if I offended you as a Democrat, sometimes I forget that they are here also. I honestly, try not to get sucked into the Left vs. Right debate, as the majority of the Republican party is also out of step with my political viewpoints. I belong to a very small minority of Republicans (libertarian leaning, tea party conservatives) as opposed to the pervasive neo-conservative viewpoint espoused by most Republicans. My rant was mostly about the assertions of Jesse Jackson Jr, that the iPad was the cause for many of the woes of society and the economy. When new inventions and technology come out, that is progress for society, and the viewpoint of Mr.Jackson, is essentially one of anti-progress, which bothers me. As if we should stop making technological progress so that we can preserve jobs for people that work at printing presses and publishing companies. Undoubtedly, when automated welders and robots were invented, a number of people in the automobile industry lost their jobs, but what did we gain from that innovation? Well, we gained SAFER automobiles, with safer welds, tolerances, and precise engineering in the components of those vehicles. Additionally, we gained efficiency, had less wasted materials, etc. Almost all innovations are good ones (except for perhaps, the Maxim machinegun, lol), and to have some blithering idiot stand up and argue against innovation and progress is most bothersome. I hope you understand where I'm coming from a little bit better now.
    Thanks for the clarification Godfather. Like I've discussed with you a while ago, I consider myself a Bill Maher type progressive libertarian. So while we don't agree on many issues, there is much I do agree with you on. And I totally agree with your clarification. While I don't agree with JJ Jr., I do understand where he's coming from. I think he was wrong on his explanation. I think I may have been reading too much into the statement and rationalized his point as the point I was making in my rebuttal to your comment.

  21. #21
    bruary17 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    910
    ...ety7ikt78otr68nij6t7

  22. #22
    Shol'va's Avatar
    Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    A Rock And A Hard Place
    Posts
    8,925
    Well like Ronald Reagan of the Republican party always said....There is no unemployment in america. That is just a silly rumor started by a bunch of people who are out of work....

  23. #23
    Panzerfaust's Avatar
    Panzerfaust is offline Ron Paul Nuthugger
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Deutschland
    Posts
    8,788
    Affirmative action at work right there.
    ***No source checks!!!***

  24. #24
    livingwithdoms is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    269
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    Did u watch it on your iPad?
    LOL, I just watched it on my iPad

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •