BUTTERYGOODNESS is offline Anabolic Member

schools almost out starting new job

Hey yall i havent been on in a while due to school and things but schools almost over and im starting a personal training job.
    The boss sais to be successful i needed to be a good salesman. Any advice on this part?

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    who is this guy??

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    What up Nuttbutter? =)

Yeah, I've been noticing we haven't been jousting here lately... you calling me an old fuk, and me calling you a numbnutts.... good sh1t, huh?

I'm an old sales guy myself, well, not old, just older than you, which aint hard to do

so anyways, a good salesman does two things

he is passionate in his presentation,
    and believes in his product.

All a customer has to do is believe.

Now go out there and grease them dik skinners of yers so you can make some money!

Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    who is this guy??
    that's numbnuitts, the one with the greasy dik skinners he calls hands

who is this guy??
    lmao i know im a stranger now lol

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    What up Nuttbutter? =)

Yeah, I've been noticing we haven't been jousting here lately... you calling me an old fuk, and me calling you a numbnutts.... good sh1t, huh?

I'm an old sales guy myself, well, not old, just older than you, which aint hard to do

so anyways, a good salesman does two things

he is passionate in his presentation,
    and believes in his product.

All a customer has to do is believe.

Now go out there and grease them dik skinners of yers so you can make some money!
    ok i appreciate it u old fuker lol
    so how has ur old ass been?? u still going through diapers cuz of ur loose asshole?

hahaha i like it

Quote Originally Posted by BUTTERYGOODNESS View Post
    lmao i know im a stranger now lol
    sure are. im not at all a salesperson or really even a people person lmao so i cant really help you out. but hows training going? and new updates?

lol im sorry uve lost ur libido and ur ability to get an erection TR
    just dont be an elderly suicide
    they have homes for ya lol

sure are. im not at all a salesperson or really even a people person lmao so i cant really help you out. but hows training going? and new updates?
    lol its cool bro, well im bout to pots some pics of me in a min to see if theres a difference to yall

lol its cool bro, well im bout to pots some pics of me in a min to see if theres a difference to yall
    ok lets see it

ok i appreciate it u old fuker lol
    so how has ur old ass been?? u still going through diapers cuz of ur loose asshole?
    ahhh... now THIS is the type of manly banter we've been missing around here.

I see in the thread below yer asking about my hammer? Well, my hammer is hanging pretty good. Unfortunately, my last three months of having an idle hammer is about the same as your last 15 years. But no worries, i know yer saving up for some day special. But I'm not sure any ol' ho on Las Vegas Blvd really counts as "special" do you? =)

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    AH HAH! THERE HE IS!!!! WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN?

ARE you still going to compete? what's the latest?

ahhh... now THIS is the type of manly banter we've been missing around here.

I see in the thread below yer asking about my hammer? Well, my hammer is hanging pretty good. Unfortunately, my last three months of having an idle hammer is about the same as your last 15 years. But no worries, i know yer saving up for some day special. But I'm not sure any ol' ho on Las Vegas Blvd really counts as "special" do you? =)
    lmfao! most of time shes not, but if thats your definition of love, go for it!!! lol

btw i cant find my damn camera so pics will have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    AH HAH! THERE HE IS!!!! WHERE ON EARTH HAVE YOU BEEN?

ARE you still going to compete? what's the latest?
    lol ive been busting my ass at school and getting a new job that i love!!! lol
    how about you?? WOW!!! they finally made u a monitor?? congrats!!!
    i am most definitely still going to compete lol that will never change!
    not much just taking school job and general things day by day. judging by hw my job is going i might not have to attend college becasue of the money im making but im not sure.
    I wanna go so i can just be more knowledgeable then everyone else and having that B.S after my name for a degree would be awesome!!! and eventually have it say Dr.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    A successful sales person is a bullshitter. You don't always have to lie you just have to choose not to give up certain information without them asking for it. Also like tr said if they can see that you believe in your product then they will naturally tend to believe in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    A successful sales person is a bullshitter. You don't always have to lie you just have to choose not to give up certain information without them asking for it. Also like tr said if they can see that you believe in your product then they will naturally tend to believe in it too.
    so with personal training what do i wanna bullshit and withhold?

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    oh look so called "sex expert " is back

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    oh look so called "sex expert " is back
    lmao indeed i am
    and have lots to teach...lots

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    lmao indeed i am
    and have lots to teach...lots
    right.....

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    thats saying it best! if you can bullshit with the best of them, then you are cut out for sales.

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    right.....
    i feel ur envy its ok lol

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    thats saying it best! if you can bullshit with the best of them, then you are cut out for sales.
    so how exactly do i bullshit with training someone?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    you show/explain (sell) to them that you have the education and drive to be a fabulous personal trainer. you have to make your client feel that they have the best trainer in the gym! it is selling yourself to them! just like T Roman has to sell his body to medicated geriatric patients!

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    you show/explain (sell) to them that you have the education and drive to be a fabulous personal trainer. you have to make your client feel that they have the best trainer in the gym! it is selling yourself to them! just like T Roman has to sell his body to medicated geriatric patients!
    i c lol i think i can do that lol
    LMFAO!!!!! at TR

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    so with personal training what do i wanna bullshit and withhold?
    With pt it's not really as prevalent but I'm sure there will be certain aspects of the contracts they sign that wouldn't consider positive so don't bring those up unless asked. As a pt you'll need to be confident and make them believe in you.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    From looking at your avatar. Are you of legal age to personal train ?

With pt it's not really as prevalent but I'm sure there will be certain aspects of the contracts they sign that wouldn't consider positive so don't bring those up unless asked. As a pt you'll need to be confident and make them believe in you.
    OK, im certain i can, ive been good at leading people.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    From looking at your avatar. Are you of legal age to personal train ?
    I am not quite sure what "legal age" is but i am 19 years old.
    Enlighten me on the legal age if you would

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Geez I feel so old right about now.

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    What gym will you be at? If it's LA Fitness, your job will be to essentially harass members, and try to point out anything that they do wrong, on any exercise, and show them the 'proper' way to do it, and then try to sign them up for personal training sessions.

I have been in sales since I was 17 years old (currently 24)...Although it's not my full time job/career, I am still involved in sales in the healthcare industry. Anyway, if you are working for LA Fitness, you will be using what's commonly known as the "Roller Coaster" method of sales. That is, you beat the prospect down, make them realise how pathetic, dismal, and terrible their lives are presently without your product (in this case, YOU), and then once you have them on the downward slope, you bring them back up (using words of encouragement, and painting a verbal 'picture' of how good their lives can be if they purchase your product, again in this case, YOU). So essentially, you show them what they are doing wrong, explain how much time they will waste in the gym if they continue to do the exercises wrong, possibly scare them by telling them they can get hurt, and really bring their self esteem down by telling them how they'll never be able to achieve the results they are hoping for. At this point, the prospects self esteem is in the gutter, and then you begin to talk about how successful they can be if they sign up for some personal training sessions with you, how quick you will be able to get them the results they desire (you lie, in most cases, stating unrealistic timelines and goals), and then possibly point to some previous clients who have been very successful under your training. This sales tactic is in my opinion, highly unethical, and it's not something that I participate in anymore, but it is a tactic I employed quite frequently when selling durable medical equipment, direct to consumer. I was 17,18,19 at the time, and did not realize how unethical the practice was at the time, but it really is a very nasty psychological sales tactic to use. If you do not care about hurting peoples feelings, and only want to make money, you can do this, but you often times ruin your chance for repeat business.

You will be much better off in the long run, by being extremely outgoing. Often times selling your product is not as important as selling yourself. When I have interviewed prospective sales associates, I will ask them, "Would you rather sell the best product, or have the best relationship with your client?" Well, the right answer to that question is that you would rather have the best relationship with that client. The reason is, if the client likes YOU, they will buy from you, even if you have a substandard product or a product more expensive then the other guy. This is proven, and its pretty much universal across most sales fields. Now, if there is a huge disparity, this will not work, but of course most times you are not trying to sell a product which is substantially inferior to your competitors, because if such a state existed, the company with the vastly superior product would not need sales people in the first place. So the key, is getting people to like you, not coming off arrogant or boisterous. Be humble, be personable, and when you speak to prospective clients, be encouraging, use charm and tact. You will figure all this shit out through trial and error, or, you will just not succeed in the business. Some of the most successful trainers at franchise gyms are guys who are not in shape AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Geez I feel so old right about now.
    lmao

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    What gym will you be at? If it's LA Fitness, your job will be to essentially harass members, and try to point out anything that they do wrong, on any exercise, and show them the 'proper' way to do it, and then try to sign them up for personal training sessions.

I have been in sales since I was 17 years old (currently 24)...Although it's not my full time job/career, I am still involved in sales in the healthcare industry. Anyway, if you are working for LA Fitness, you will be using what's commonly known as the "Roller Coaster" method of sales. That is, you beat the prospect down, make them realise how pathetic, dismal, and terrible their lives are presently without your product (in this case, YOU), and then once you have them on the downward slope, you bring them back up (using words of encouragement, and painting a verbal 'picture' of how good their lives can be if they purchase your product, again in this case, YOU). So essentially, you show them what they are doing wrong, explain how much time they will waste in the gym if they continue to do the exercises wrong, possibly scare them by telling them they can get hurt, and really bring their self esteem down by telling them how they'll never be able to achieve the results they are hoping for. At this point, the prospects self esteem is in the gutter, and then you begin to talk about how successful they can be if they sign up for some personal training sessions with you, how quick you will be able to get them the results they desire (you lie, in most cases, stating unrealistic timelines and goals), and then possibly point to some previous clients who have been very successful under your training. This sales tactic is in my opinion, highly unethical, and it's not something that I participate in anymore, but it is a tactic I employed quite frequently when selling durable medical equipment, direct to consumer. I was 17,18,19 at the time, and did not realize how unethical the practice was at the time, but it really is a very nasty psychological sales tactic to use. If you do not care about hurting peoples feelings, and only want to make money, you can do this, but you often times ruin your chance for repeat business.

You will be much better off in the long run, by being extremely outgoing. Often times selling your product is not as important as selling yourself. When I have interviewed prospective sales associates, I will ask them, "Would you rather sell the best product, or have the best relationship with your client?" Well, the right answer to that question is that you would rather have the best relationship with that client. The reason is, if the client likes YOU, they will buy from you, even if you have a substandard product or a product more expensive then the other guy. This is proven, and its pretty much universal across most sales fields. Now, if there is a huge disparity, this will not work, but of course most times you are not trying to sell a product which is substantially inferior to your competitors, because if such a state existed, the company with the vastly superior product would not need sales people in the first place. So the key, is getting people to like you, not coming off arrogant or boisterous. Be humble, be personable, and when you speak to prospective clients, be encouraging, use charm and tact. You will figure all this shit out through trial and error, or, you will just not succeed in the business. Some of the most successful trainers at franchise gyms are guys who are not in shape AT ALL.
    I agree with the above statements alot and will take it all into my new job. Thanks for the advice bro.

On a side note, for some reason it pisses me off seeing a trainer thats outa shape! It makes no sense and makes me question their knowledge in their own work field when they can not even implore their own tactics and methods. Wouldnt a good example of your knowledge be you own body?? just saying

thegodfather is offline Dulce bellum inexpertis
    I agree with the above statements alot and will take it all into my new job. Thanks for the advice bro.

On a side note, for some reason it pisses me off seeing a trainer thats outa shape! It makes no sense and makes me question their knowledge in their own work field when they can not even implore their own tactics and methods. Wouldnt a good example of your knowledge be you own body?? just saying
    Not really....I mean, you dont think Andy Reid could jump into Michael Vick's position on the field and play a few downs do you? Reid would probably have a heart attack on the jog out to the field....But, he's a hell of a coach...

Quote Originally Posted by thegodfather View Post
    Not really....I mean, you dont think Andy Reid could jump into Michael Vick's position on the field and play a few downs do you? Reid would probably have a heart attack on the jog out to the field....But, he's a hell of a coach...
    ya but not includiong the friend aspect wouldnt ur own body be a hell of an example?

Thread Information