doxmaster is offline Associate Member

tendon surgery incredibly desperate PLZ HELP

I have what the the doctor told me was tenitus and have been taking about 6 aspirin a day for the past 2 - 3 months and have done physical therapy and i havent gotten any better what so ever. I have iced t every single day 2-4 times a day and nothing has helped at all Ive read the thread on tenditus vs tendonosis and im thinking my doctors is wrong so im going in for another mri . I have heard stories about football players having the damaged parts of tendons removed so that they can get back to playing faster and im wondering what are the negative side effect of having said procedure done

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    this is just my opinion, but the way medicine is coming along nowadays, i think you will be fine after surgery. i will use tommy john surgery as an example. years ago when a pitcher tore ligaments/tendons in their elbow, they were pretty much washed up and surgeons cut on them to try and fix the problem. the problem was that they were taking forever to recover and some didn't make it back. through experience and science, baseball pitchers are getting back to the mound quicker and have more zip on the fastball than ever before. this is just one example of it. i would definitely get a second opinion. have your doctors talked about doing a cortisone injection? another procedure that you can ask about is plasma rich platelet injection. and why the aspirin? you should be taking ibprofen instead of aspirin. also, try massaging the area when icing, and press hard to the point where it does hurt. you may have a lot of scar tissue built up. i had bad tennis elbow, over 6 months. i let it go and it got worse and worse. physical therapy helped me out and a procedure called ASTYM. it is very painful and the science behind it makes sense. the PT basically takes this hard piece of plastic and traces your anatomy of your muscles. i hope that my opinion helps some. good luck!
    Last edited by RaginCajun; 04-20-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    you may wish to explore taking some peptides during your recovery so as to improve your GH profile and healing of tendons.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Please tell me your not working out while "recovering?"

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    800mg's of Ibuprofin (motrin) has the same pain killing equivalent as a low dose percocet plus it's an anti-inflamatory. I'd take that dose up to 3x a day for the next few days and see how it does. Regardless..... definately get a 2nd opinion.....

Maybe a prescription anti-inflamtory is necessary..... I would think they'd want to exert all options before surgery. Also, like DSM mentioned...... I really hope you aren't using that arm while you're supposed to be recovering. Using it at all can aggrivate it enough to keep it from healing.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    800mg's of Ibuprofin (motrin) has the same pain killing equivalent as a low dose percocet plus it's an anti-inflamatory. I'd take that dose up to 3x a day for the next few days and see how it does. Regardless..... definately get a 2nd opinion.....

Maybe a prescription anti-inflamtory is necessary..... I would think they'd want to exert all options before surgery. Also, like DSM mentioned...... I really hope you aren't using that arm while you're supposed to be recovering. Using it at all can aggrivate it enough to keep it from healing.

~Haz~
    neproxin (sp?) worked wonders at 500mg......I am not sure if it is anti-inflamtory

Thread Information