kalspic is offline Senior Member

how many hours a week do you guys work?

works picked up now so im at about 60-70. it sucks i dont have any time to do anything. but i love my paychecks.

i was once told by one of my of chefs, "i work to live not live to work"

i wish i could live by that o well. but yeah how many hours do you guys work?

fattymcbutterpants is offline Senior Member
    do you mean he said i live to work not i work to live? I think you said it backwards, that or 4/20 is getting to me haha. But during school months, depending on how much my boss likes me that week anywhere from 12-25 hours during the weekdays. But over the summer if I am doing roofing and construction I will work a solid 50-60 hours a week, but I get paid daily for that not hourly lol

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kalspic View Post
    works picked up now so im at about 60-70. it sucks i dont have any time to do anything. but i love my paychecks.

Take the money while its there.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    40 hrs no more but sometimes less (I like to skip out early when possible) ans refuse to work extra hours unless I have to go to a drilling rig!!

Flier is offline Productive Member

So u´re a Chef?
    I thought that was one of those professions where u really enjoy going to work.
    U are like an artist, right? Love creating flavors and making inviting presentations.
    Unless u work at Micky D´s........hehe

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    So u´re a Chef?
    U are like an artist, right? Love creating flavors and making inviting presentations.

I was watching a reality TV show a while back and the person asked what this girls profession was. The girl proudly replied "I am a barista." There was a pause from the man followed by "So you make coffee ?" I was dying.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post

I was watching a reality TV show a while back and the person asked what this girls profession was. The girl proudly replied "I am a barista." There was a pause from the man followed by "So you make coffee ?" I was dying.
    LOL!!

Like Stewardess.....then Flight attendant....then I heard Safety Coordinator....hehe.....Just give me my pretzels and Diet coke, and go flash the pilots!

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    40 hrs no more but sometimes less (I like to skip out early when possible) ans refuse to work extra hours unless I have to go to a drilling rig!!
    slacker!!!! lol

So u´re a Chef?
    eh, still a cook lol. but it can be fun when you have the time to play around. i cook all the fish for the restaurant and its getting to be summer down here, so guess what everyone wants...fish

o yeah and it doesnt help working with a bunch of annoying fvcks

eh, still a cook lol. but it can be fun when you have the time to play around. i cook all the fish for the restaurant and its getting to be summer down here, so guess what everyone wants...fish

o yeah and it doesnt help working with a bunch of annoying fvcks
    Ah.....

Hmmm.....do u go home and shower before u go to the gym?

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    Ah.....

Hmmm.....do u go home and shower before u go to the gym?
    no....he walks in and ppl in gym wonders what's smell like fish?

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    no....he walks in and ppl in gym wonders what's smell like fish?
    I love fish!!!!!

But if I was laying on the bench, blood pressure 200, and while taking a deep breath before lowering the weight for my last rep, I fill my nostrils with a mixed odor of Seabass, and fried Catfish.....I wonder what I would do to that guy who just walked by.......I´m not a violent person, but still, I wonder what I would do.....That energy and bloodpressure would have to be dispersed somehow....hmmm.
    Take that shower kalspic....

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    I work front of the house... So like 30 hours a week? I can make damn good money too.

haha, i workout in the mornings. but i call it the birth control station. i know i wont be getting anything when i get off work.

it also lets me lower my standards. i can get with the dirty girls and not know if its me or her that smells

yea front of the house have it alright. you make way more money than we do and work less hours, but you get to deal with people so i call it a fair trade.

goinglong is offline Junior Member
    LOL!!

Like Stewardess.....then Flight attendant....then I heard Safety Coordinator....hehe.....Just give me my pretzels and Diet coke, and go flash the pilots!
    I call Flight Attendants Baristas -- mostly because it is a temporary job for a bunch of them. I called one a Stewardess a year ago and almost was slapped. It was a dude.

I am working mostly about 25 hours/week next month but if you count the hours I am traveling during those work hours, I'm up around 70/week.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Zero. Work is for suckers.

Ernst is offline Borderline Personality
    haha, i workout in the mornings. but i call it the birth control station. i know i wont be getting anything when i get off work.

it also lets me lower my standards. i can get with the dirty girls and not know if its me or her that smells

yea front of the house have it alright. you make way more money than we do and work less hours, but you get to deal with people so i call it a fair trade.
    Ugh. Ain't that the truth.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Right now only 23 a week. My boss said i need to work more hours and my response was "full time workers schedule their life around their job. Part time workers schedule there job around their life."

Never said anything about it again lol

^^^ thats a good one. ill have to remember that. but its kind of a career thing now. but the thought of changing it is in the back of my mind. just sucks having to be there all day and not see the sun. and now its so nice out i want to go to the beach and what not. sh!tty

jbm
    jbm is offline "3 stars and a sun"
    80 to 110 hours a week!

Quote Originally Posted by goinglong View Post
    I call Flight Attendants Baristas -- mostly because it is a temporary job for a bunch of them. I called one a Stewardess a year ago and almost was slapped. It was a dude.

I am working mostly about 25 hours/week next month but if you count the hours I am traveling during those work hours, I'm up around 70/week.
    Ah...dude, I wish. And the whole traveling public wish.
    But the pay and benefits are so good they are all making a career out of it.
    That´s why we have the old, worn out, sour hogs walking up the aisles, making u feel they are doing u a favor serving u a cup of coffee.

The age of the young pretty girls in tight uniforms are long gone.
    A few Asian airlines still got it right. They have a max 5 years in service for Flight Attendants, and a max age of 29.
    Needless to say, service is impeccable.

Virgin Atlantic has got it right..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VirginAmerica_stewardess8.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	115186
    Last edited by Flier; 04-22-2011 at 03:54 AM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    in afghanistan, it's hard to say, since i really don't get time off. I'm either in the office (preferable) or in my room. So it's pretty non stop.

Back home, I typically work 60 hours a week. I've had jobs that regularly had me bustin for 100+ hours a week. Not that i'm counting or anything....

Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Unemployed

i couldnt imagine working 90-100 hours a week. my sanity and life would be gone. and just thinking if you had a family, what that would do to it. im all for hard work but i mean thats just a rediculous amount of hours. but i just got paid today and about sh!t my pants when i saw how much i made lol.

the responsible part of me wants to save it, but im about to be 21 so spending it is getting more tempting and sounds logical right now

i couldnt imagine working 90-100 hours a week. My sanity and life would be gone. And just thinking if you had a family, what that would do to it. Im all for hard work but i mean thats just a rediculous amount of hours. But i just got paid today and about sh!t my pants when i saw how much i made lol.

The responsible part of me wants to save it, but im about to be 21 so spending it is getting more tempting and sounds logical right now
    spend

bigpapabuff is offline Senior Member
    40-50 hours depending on the week.

spend
    i like the way you think

mazika is offline Associate Member
    Here is my day mon-fri.. i am doing school as well.

Get up 06:30 be t school 08:00 (1hr drive) school til 13:00 then straight to the gym by my school, work out 13:15-14:40 then straight to work. work from 15:00 - 23:00. The drive home is faster cause no traffic (30 mins) make dinner + meals for next day. hit my pillow at around 01:00-01:30. Yes i am a zombie during the week and yes i have a constant headache. i work 15-23 on the weekends as well but that is like off-time for me since i get to sleep 12 hrs

groundfighter1 is offline Junior Member
    average around 70 hours per week...but who's counting ... right?

gotta love public service

PK-V is offline Productive Member
    zero

student life FTW

brb this

(semi-serious)

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I clock or am at work 40 hrs a week more or less. I work maybe 10 hrs a week, more or less, usually less. I also get 160 hrs vacation a year and 60 hrs sick leave. Speaking of, now that I have 90 hrs saved up I need to take a couple of weeks off soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mazika View Post
    Here is my day mon-fri.. i am doing school as well.

Get up 06:30 be t school 08:00 (1hr drive) school til 13:00 then straight to the gym by my school, work out 13:15-14:40 then straight to work. work from 15:00 - 23:00. The drive home is faster cause no traffic (30 mins) make dinner + meals for next day. hit my pillow at around 01:00-01:30. Yes i am a zombie during the week and yes i have a constant headache. i work 15-23 on the weekends as well but that is like off-time for me since i get to sleep 12 hrs
    U live in Norway..
    Stop working, head over to the social service office to get your share of the Oil wealth, and join the rest of the social service clients at the cafés downtown.

mazika is offline Associate Member
    Hahaha im not a Gipsy bro!

Either way I prefer to contribute to society, not suck off it.

I think im one of the few people who thinks taxes should be raised lmao hahah.

ok, well easter is our busiest holiday of the year and we are very understaffed. so saturday i went in at 11:30am and got off at 2am then turned around and went back in at 7:15am and got off around 10:45pm. my feet are sore. that equals out to be around 30 hours in the past 2 days.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    slacker!!!! lol
    10 years ago I would work 90 hrs a week, but I dont need the headache lol. BTW I am a slacker, I hate working!!

optionsdude is offline Member
    I work 50-60 hours per week at odd hours which sucks but the pay is good. I should be in the six figure area this year. The job is fine but the people in charge (supposedly) are so unorganized that the workers have to figure out the existing problems we have everyday and tell the supervisers what will work. They always take credit for it and then thank us for saving their butts. I usually lift at 2am nobody in the gym it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by optionsdude View Post
    I work 50-60 hours per week at odd hours which sucks but the pay is good. I should be in the six figure area this year. The job is fine but the people in charge (supposedly) are so unorganized that the workers have to figure out the existing problems we have everyday and tell the supervisers what will work. They always take credit for it and then thank us for saving their butts. I usually lift at 2am nobody in the gym it's great.
    sounds like alot of major companies, but a lot dont listen.

teddykgb29 is offline Associate Member
    I work about 50 hours a week.

optionsdude is offline Member
    I may work alot of hours but I must mention that the 8 weeks of paid vacation,9 paid sick days, and great medical benefits make it worthwhile.

sign me up!

Thread Information