grumpee is offline Associate Member

Women and zoloft

Anyone on here have any experience or advice on how to increase a womens sex drive thats on zoloft ?

My wife has been on zoloft for years now and her sex drive is not near what it used to or should be. She used to want it all the time prior to going on zoloft but now she barely wants it and it has caused some issues. I have already had my fair share of "side dishes" because of it but that just turns into to much drama and a pain in the ass. I rather find a way to fix the problem rather than put a band-aid on it.

She had me pin her once with 25 mgs of test and that just made her freaking nuts. don't want to go down that road again,lol. Dont trust doctors to much because they really have no clue and just want to prescribe ger other types of meds that cause worse sides.

Been together for almost 15 years now and have a 3 year old daughter. Want to try and make it work but if I dont get what I want from her she will be down the road. Dont want to sound like a dick but thats how it is

olderfella is offline Associate Member
    Sertraline (zoloft)is a very good ssri for dealing with anxiety and depression etc but bad for causing sexual dysfunction in both men and women,it may well be worth speaking to her doctor as she could switch to citalopram or escitalopram without much fuss,,speaking from personal experience these to can have side effects but not as bad as zoloft , dependent on how long she has been on it he may also taper her dose down which will eventualy help her restore some normal sexual feelings,you could also try pt141

grumpee is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by olderfella View Post
    Sertraline (zoloft)is a very good ssri for dealing with anxiety and depression etc but bad for causing sexual dysfunction in both men and women,it may well be worth speaking to her doctor as she could switch to citalopram or escitalopram without much fuss,,speaking from personal experience these to can have side effects but not as bad as zoloft , dependent on how long she has been on it he may also taper her dose down which will eventualy help her restore some normal sexual feelings,you could also try pt141
    Thanks. she has been on it for 7-8 years ? I will write down those others and have her go see her doctor

Thread Information