Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 44
  1. #1
    Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    south Florida
    Posts
    3,869

    Do you hide your diet from potential love intrests?

    Well, I am 21 years old, and I think it's very difficult for women in my age group to understand/tolerate/put up with my dieting. Every time I meet a girl I have an intrest in, she starts to slowly find out what my life consists of, and BAM, I never hear from her again. Are you guys up front right away about how important your diet is/level if committment for your lifestyle or do you try to ease women into it slowly? This has become a real issue lately and I'm lost. I work, go to class, go food shopping, and cook, eat, and train. The most exciting part of my day is throwing Casein powder, cottage cheese, and almonds in a blender, while adding water to get correct consistency before bed. Fvcking sad, I know, lol.


    Oh well, guess I'm just bitching and ranting about my life. Maybe I should try to find some type of balance in between being a meathead and your typical 21 year old, I don't fvckin know.
    Last edited by Gaspari1255; 05-13-2011 at 05:25 PM.

  2. #2
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498
    i tell it how it is right away. and if they offer me food not in my diet i give them the 1000 yard stare of death

  3. #3
    Knockout_Power's Avatar
    Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    R.I.P My friends
    Posts
    15,015
    If a woman cant see through the inconvenience of your diet and see/appreciate the dedication it takes to live this lifestyle, then chances are she isnt worth being around. You will find someone you share this with and it will make the whole relationship even better.

  4. #4
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    2,995
    my girl laughs at me everytime i come back from going out to eat, I'll go do some situps and feel guilty for whatever i just ate. Co workers are the worst for me though. I run a kitchen durring the day, yet i pack my meals in tupperwear everyday.

  5. #5
    Knockout_Power's Avatar
    Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    R.I.P My friends
    Posts
    15,015
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    I run a kitchen durring the day, yet i pack my meals in tupperwear everyday.
    now thats damn funny... when I was working a kitchen, I would just cook up 2 or 3 chicken breasts "on the house" so to speak.

  6. #6
    oI Overdue Io is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    40
    Im just starting to it hasnt really affected me yet

    but I am talking to this one girl and I was ranting on to her the other night about how much Ive learned here. I bet it was a real turn on

  7. #7
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    2,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    now thats damn funny... when I was working a kitchen, I would just cook up 2 or 3 chicken breasts "on the house" so to speak.
    I use to do that but someone narked me out to the owner and exagerated it to me eating 15lbs of chicken a week and costing the company money. Now i just get my sales reps to send me "sample" cases of chicken i just take home and put in the freezer

  8. #8
    oI Overdue Io is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    I use to do that but someone narked me out to the owner and exagerated it to me eating 15lbs of chicken a week and costing the company money. Now i just get my sales reps to send me "sample" cases of chicken i just take home and put in the freezer
    Im the boss at my work so i dont have to worry about that its saving me lots of money haha

  9. #9
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498
    Quote Originally Posted by oI Overdue Io View Post
    Im just starting to it hasnt really affected me yet

    but I am talking to this one girl and I was ranting on to her the other night about how much Ive learned here. I bet it was a real turn on
    i was talking to this one girl who had a friend that was into BBing and she loved talking to me about it she would bring it up and stuff and say she loves learning about it. the new one just excepts it because she knows id take the sport over her

  10. #10
    Knockout_Power's Avatar
    Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    R.I.P My friends
    Posts
    15,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Standby View Post
    the new one just excepts it because she knows id take it in the ass over sex with her
    dude, harsh

  11. #11
    Standby's Avatar
    Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,498
    Quote Originally Posted by Knockout_Power View Post
    dude, harsh
    ill try anything twice

  12. #12
    stack_it's Avatar
    stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pin it to win it!
    Posts
    8,296
    I tell em up front. I eat what I have to not what I want to. That's if I'm on a set diet. Being a college student again has made me eat just about anything I can afford so now I just eat whatever the girls willing to buy lol.

  13. #13
    doxmaster is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    389
    the tupperwear food man people always stare especially at family gatherings and cookouts always Icome from a family of fatties and about 1/3 are alchoholics and theres always the nag of what you dont eat this or what you dont like your uncles cooking whats wrong with you and theres always a look of disgust hate that sh*t man

  14. #14
    Knockout_Power's Avatar
    Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    R.I.P My friends
    Posts
    15,015
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    so now I just eat the girls willing pvssy.
    good man...

    I actually found, last time I was cutting, that if you incorporate eating both high content chocolate and ***** 3 times a week, it substantially increases fat loss... true story!!

  15. #15
    l2elapse's Avatar
    l2elapse is offline That don't kill me, can only make me stronger
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,330
    Quote Originally Posted by stack_it View Post
    I tell em up front. I eat what I have to not what I want to. That's if I'm on a set diet. Being a college student again has made me eat just about anything I can afford so now I just eat whatever the girls willing to buy lol.
    im the same way, even tho were broken up now..fvck it

  16. #16
    stack_it's Avatar
    stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Pin it to win it!
    Posts
    8,296
    Quote Originally Posted by doxmaster View Post
    the tupperwear food man people always stare especially at family gatherings and cookouts always Icome from a family of fatties and about 1/3 are alchoholics and theres always the nag of what you dont eat this or what you dont like your uncles cooking whats wrong with you and theres always a look of disgust hate that sh*t man
    Punctuation is your friend....

  17. #17
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    Boyfriend now understands why i am always craving natural sources of protein.

  18. #18
    songdog's Avatar
    songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,533
    I just have my wife.Who is all for it.But keeps trying to add other foods I cant eat.I just explain.STICK TO THE LIST plz.

  19. #19
    awms is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,754
    Let me give your a tip about women my friend.

    Women dont care wtf your hobby is as long as your passionate about it and dont make excuses. To many guys say things like "Im a garbage man...but Im going back to school its just for now" when they should say "Im a garbage man! I love it, lots of fresh air and keeps me in shape"...dont make excuses for your life or your hobbies and dont hide them because the minute you do a women will look at you as weak and can see your trying to validate your self to them. In other words it lowers your value in their eyes.

    Next time a women asks be excited about bodybuilding and your diet! tell them how great it makes you feel and much you love it...dont make excuses it just is what it is. If a women cant handle your diet then who cares go find a women who has the same life style as you because you wont be happy with a women who doesnt...my current Gf and the women I will prob marry is into fitness and health just like I am and its a big reason out relationship works so well because we can spend time working out together, going for jobs or the park....in the past my other gfs did not understand my life style or how I could go to the gym after a long day of work instead of sitting on the couch and eating chips with them...my current gf works out with me and it kinda of bonding time.

  20. #20
    DSM4Life's Avatar
    DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    30,963
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    Let me give your a tip about women my friend.

    Women dont care wtf your hobby is as long as your passionate about it and dont make excuses. To many guys say things like "Im a garbage man...but Im going back to school its just for now" when they should say "Im a garbage man! I love it, lots of fresh air and keeps me in shape"...dont make excuses for your life or your hobbies and dont hide them because the minute you do a women will look at you as weak and can see your trying to validate your self to them. In other words it lowers your value in their eyes.

    Next time a women asks be excited about bodybuilding and your diet! tell them how great it makes you feel and much you love it...dont make excuses it just is what it is. If a women cant handle your diet then who cares go find a women who has the same life style as you because you wont be happy with a women who doesnt...my current Gf and the women I will prob marry is into fitness and health just like I am and its a big reason out relationship works so well because we can spend time working out together, going for jobs or the park....in the past my other gfs did not understand my life style or how I could go to the gym after a long day of work instead of sitting on the couch and eating chips with them...my current gf works out with me and it kinda of bonding time.
    I like your thinking.

  21. #21
    Hoggage_54's Avatar
    Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Repost
    Posts
    7,434
    I tell DSM everything

  22. #22
    awms is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,754
    One time I had somone drill me on my diet and how I could live this way and that no way to live ect ect. It was a out of shape girl who I had been nothing but nice to and she went off on me for some reason? So I said to her "Yeah its hard feeling and looking great all the time...having a high quality of life is super hard!" then I asked her why she cared so much about my life and my diet? it seemed to really effect her and get her worked up...Im guessing she mabey felt bad about her self and her body so she tried to put me down in front of other people which back fired on her and made her look like a bitch lol

  23. #23
    SlimmerMe's Avatar
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    USA and many other places
    Posts
    11,408
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    let me give your a tip about women my friend.

    women dont care wtf your hobby is as long as your passionate about it and dont make excuses.
    bingo!!!!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

  24. #24
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    I have found that women can handle you doing your hobby much more than they can handle you constantly obsessing and talking about it. If every conversation ends up being about your food, you are going to have problems. I learned this when I was a self-righteous vegetarian...which is the worst kind.

  25. #25
    awms is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,754
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I have found that women can handle you doing your hobby much more than they can handle you constantly obsessing and talking about it. If every conversation ends up being about your food, you are going to have problems. I learned this when I was a self-righteous vegetarian...which is the worst kind.
    Yes I agree dont try to push your views on somone. If a women likes you she will often take an interest in your hobbies and like wise you will take an interest in hers...If you have enouph in common then she will prob enjoy the same things as you (working out and staying healthy) and she will just understand you...if not then you prob should not be together.

    Its kinda like somone who loves motorcycles...chances are their wife or gf also loves motorcycles because they both have alot in common. Perhaps before they met one of them knew nothing about motorcycles but once they learned about them they fell in love! see what I mean? I think once you find somone who is you "match" things just fall into place....I have dated many women who I had interest in at the start but then realized that we didnt have alot in common other then physical attraction which is why it did not last.

  26. #26
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    heres a view from someone who's married.....

    Do wtf you want to do and let no woman get in the way of it. My wife can't fvcking stand when I cook chicken and rice..... she wants nothing more than for me to eat wendy's or hamburger helper. She hates the bodybuilding life-style and I guess she thought i wasn't as passionate about it as much as i was when she married me. So now everytime i cook meals for the next day or I bring up the fact that i'm out of chicken and need more..... i hear shit. So i do wtf I want and just let her bitch about it....

    The more you talk about it.... the worse it gets tho LMAO!

    ~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  27. #27
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    2,995
    ^^ yeah I agree, Mine bitched last night about me making to much noise in the kitchen while i was foreman grilling 5lbs of chicken breast for the next couple days. She was complaining as she sat there eating her ben and jerrry's icecream. So I told her i'm supprised you could hear me over the sound of yourself getting fatter. Most of the time i bite my tongue, but that one slipped. We didn't speak for 2 days.

  28. #28
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,877
    My wife wont even eat chicken anymore. She will cook it for me but eats something else.

    I had a girl friend once though that ordered like a BB'r but ate like a bird. Of coarse I ate her food but after awhile it drove me crazy, sometimes I didnt like what she ordered. Or she would like it....she would order a $40 dinner and not eat it and say....I just wanted to try. Kicked her ass to the curb real fast. She also would cry that she was fat but her bf was so low she hadnt had her period in 4 years.

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  29. #29
    BG's Avatar
    BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    22,877
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    She was complaining as she sat there eating her ben and jerrry's icecream. So I told her i'm supprised you could hear me over the sound of yourself getting fatter. Most of the time i bite my tongue, but that one slipped. We didn't speak for 2 days.
    Lmao off, thats funny. Atleast you got 2 days of piece and quite out of it

    Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.


    Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

    I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

    It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

    Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

    Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html


  30. #30
    Hazard's Avatar
    Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    20,514
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    ^^ yeah I agree, Mine bitched last night about me making to much noise in the kitchen while i was foreman grilling 5lbs of chicken breast for the next couple days. She was complaining as she sat there eating her ben and jerrry's icecream. So I told her i'm supprised you could hear me over the sound of yourself getting fatter. Most of the time i bite my tongue, but that one slipped. We didn't speak for 2 days.
    LMFAO! bahahahaha thats funny as hell lol

    We just do our own thing now..... shes a salad person. She'll have chicken on her salad no problem..... she'll eat healthy foods. What she can't stand is how I "eat to grow" and plan my meals out. She's said time and time again that she thinks bodybuilders look gross..... I do have to admit.... when we got married I didn't wanna be 290lbs..... my view has since changed. The fact still remains tho..... i've always wanted to be bigger and she knew that getting into it.....

    I think she wants me to be fat..... i swear on my nuts. She wants me to be un-attractive to other women..... she must not realize that her efforts are futile because it's impossible for me to not be attractive

    ~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

    Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

    NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......


  31. #31
    bjpennnn's Avatar
    bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,750
    you guys are too much hahaha. **** the girl I am with rite now hated whenever i would get bigger...now i have got her to embrace the lifestyle. she was a pack a day smoker now she smoke once or twice a day runs half marathons and lovessssssssssss lovesss cooking and eating healthy. I cant stop her from doing at least an hour a day of cardio. I am going to say we have been on again off again for over eight years, i never though I would see the day but it did come. Try to get your girls ass's into the gym they will become addicted to it. She said to me the other day how she never understood when i would talk about how I NEED to go lift...she said she gets it now and i am so stoked.

  32. #32
    awms is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,754
    Man I dont know how some of you guys do it! I could never marry a women who eats fast food and junk all the time! I would say somthing not just because it gross but also un healthy and I wouldnt want to be with somone who is going to have health problems at the age of 50 and die young because they have no self control.

    It disgusts me beyond belief when I see somone (especially a women) abusing their body with fast food and junk and with such little self control and self respect. Its just plain gross! Yeah I would love to eat pizza three times a day and drink beer at every meal but I know its not good for me so I dont do it....plain and simple. My gf knows were I stand and she agree's with me which is what I love about her! when I first met her she had a horrible diet! and now she has changed and is in amazing shape! she takes alot more pride in her self now then she did before and that is sexy as hell! If she sat around and cried about my diet eatng a bag of chips I wouldnt be with her....why should I be ridiculed by somone who has no self control?

    What I dont understand is why you have to bite your tonges when somone insults your life style when you have done nothing wrong? and then you arnt allowed to let her know how you feel???? when clearly your wives or gf's life styles are self destructive and un healthy.

    I always hear women say "what a skiny bitch" which is normal but if a healthy person says "what a fat bitch" its seen as mean???? society is sad!

  33. #33
    Knockout_Power's Avatar
    Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    R.I.P My friends
    Posts
    15,015
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    She was complaining as she sat there eating her ben and jerrry's icecream. So I told her i'm supprised you could hear me over the sound of yourself getting fatter..
    you are a god among mortals my friend....

  34. #34
    clemont51 is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    261
    I believe the late Duchess of Windsor commented, "you can never be too rich or too thin".

  35. #35
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,448
    Ive never really had a problem with that. usually they want to help, see if they can improve it for me. Luckily my current is Asian so rice is a staple for every meal. She tries stuffing me with rice 6x a day. LOL She is a little tired of chicken so we do a lot of seafood, shrimp, veggies and of course I cook up several chicken breast to take with me to work along with a bucket of rice.

  36. #36
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    2,995
    ^^lucky man, u got a woman that cooks. Since i have a degree in culinary arts mine expects me to come home after cooking all day and cook at night. The extent of her cooking skills consists of ordering domino's online

  37. #37
    Tigershark's Avatar
    Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    13,265
    Nope, never hid it.

  38. #38
    TBrah's Avatar
    TBrah is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    295
    honestly, I have decided that I will never have a girlfriend because I don't think I will ever find a girl who understands why I do what I do.

  39. #39
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,448
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    ^^lucky man, u got a woman that cooks. Since i have a degree in culinary arts mine expects me to come home after cooking all day and cook at night. The extent of her cooking skills consists of ordering domino's online
    LOL, that would suck and it should be obvious to most people you would not want to cook. I remember the first time I said something about pizza to my girl, she said that was food made for stupid people, it's not real food.

    Ive eaten more rice in the last year (last 6 months) than I eaten all my life. LOL

  40. #40
    RaginCajun's Avatar
    RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Deep Down South
    Posts
    23,440
    Quote Originally Posted by TBrah View Post
    honestly, I have decided that I will never have a girlfriend because I don't think I will ever find a girl who understands why I do what I do.
    is this you coming out of the closet? dsm and sholva will take good care of you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •