Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    2,995

    Playstation network back online!!

    Now i can waste my life on call of duty and netflix. Whoohooo!

  2. #2
    Tigershark's Avatar
    Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    13,262
    Unbelieveable! What was it like a month? Those hackers really screwed things up.

  3. #3
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    2,995
    yeah i wouldn't be surprised if they get hit again within the next year, they really pissed some people off

  4. #4
    the_rebirth's Avatar
    the_rebirth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    773
    Awesome now I can use my Sony360 again!!!

    On a side note : It's crazy it was down for that long. I found it entertaining reading the stories online when sony kept saying that they know what caused it, then the next day saying sorry still working on it, the stories kept changing.

    Who did they piss off ? That's what I never got. I know when someone will DDOS something it get's the fed's in, yet this was a major attack that they had trouble with. Crazyness

  5. #5
    Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    south Florida
    Posts
    3,869
    My buddy gave me his Netflix ID and password to use a few days ago. Every time I play a movie, it seems to play for like 5 seconds, then freeze for a second, and so on and so fourth. A real pain in the ass if you ask me. Is this typical from Netflix or is that most likely from a weak internet connection?

  6. #6
    MACHINE5150's Avatar
    MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by the_rebirth View Post
    Awesome now I can use my Sony360 again!!!

    On a side note : It's crazy it was down for that long. I found it entertaining reading the stories online when sony kept saying that they know what caused it, then the next day saying sorry still working on it, the stories kept changing.

    Who did they piss off ? That's what I never got. I know when someone will DDOS something it get's the fed's in, yet this was a major attack that they had trouble with. Crazyness
    supposedly it was Anonymous.. but i think someone hired them to do it so they could sell them beefed up security.. just a theory, but it has been claimed by Anonymous,and they are the only ones that can pull that type of stuff off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    My buddy gave me his Netflix ID and password to use a few days ago. Every time I play a movie, it seems to play for like 5 seconds, then freeze for a second, and so on and so fourth. A real pain in the ass if you ask me. Is this typical from Netflix or is that most likely from a weak internet connection?
    i would think it is your internet connection.. i have a n xbox and can rent movies through that but we have a DL option that plays for 48 hours instead of a streaming video so there are no issues with it freezing.

  7. #7
    scotty51312's Avatar
    scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Middle of the Mojave, CA
    Posts
    2,995
    sony filed a lawsuit against a hacker who broke playstations encryption code, some speculate it was the hacker group of which he was a member

  8. #8
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    supposedly it was Anonymous.. but i think someone hired them to do it so they could sell them beefed up security.. just a theory, but it has been claimed by Anonymous,and they are the only ones that can pull that type of stuff off.
    That has been an interesting side story. Anonymous leaders say they didn't do it, but other people in Anonymous say the problem is that all of a sudden there are "leaders" who have grabbed power and attention for themselves...going against everything the organization stood for. Many seem to believe the attack is from people associated with Anonymous, but without the knowledge or approval of the organization. But, that just brings up the same issue, since Anonymous is supposed to be a "headless" group, when the hell did then need to start getting approval?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •