scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer

Playstation network back online!!

Now i can waste my life on call of duty and netflix. Whoohooo!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Unbelieveable! What was it like a month? Those hackers really screwed things up.

yeah i wouldn't be surprised if they get hit again within the next year, they really pissed some people off

the_rebirth is offline Member
    Awesome now I can use my Sony360 again!!!

On a side note : It's crazy it was down for that long. I found it entertaining reading the stories online when sony kept saying that they know what caused it, then the next day saying sorry still working on it, the stories kept changing.

Who did they piss off ? That's what I never got. I know when someone will DDOS something it get's the fed's in, yet this was a major attack that they had trouble with. Crazyness

Gaspari1255 is offline Anabolic Member
    My buddy gave me his Netflix ID and password to use a few days ago. Every time I play a movie, it seems to play for like 5 seconds, then freeze for a second, and so on and so fourth. A real pain in the ass if you ask me. Is this typical from Netflix or is that most likely from a weak internet connection?

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Quote Originally Posted by the_rebirth View Post
    Awesome now I can use my Sony360 again!!!

On a side note : It's crazy it was down for that long. I found it entertaining reading the stories online when sony kept saying that they know what caused it, then the next day saying sorry still working on it, the stories kept changing.

Who did they piss off ? That's what I never got. I know when someone will DDOS something it get's the fed's in, yet this was a major attack that they had trouble with. Crazyness
    supposedly it was Anonymous.. but i think someone hired them to do it so they could sell them beefed up security.. just a theory, but it has been claimed by Anonymous,and they are the only ones that can pull that type of stuff off.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronzer View Post
    My buddy gave me his Netflix ID and password to use a few days ago. Every time I play a movie, it seems to play for like 5 seconds, then freeze for a second, and so on and so fourth. A real pain in the ass if you ask me. Is this typical from Netflix or is that most likely from a weak internet connection?
    i would think it is your internet connection.. i have a n xbox and can rent movies through that but we have a DL option that plays for 48 hours instead of a streaming video so there are no issues with it freezing.

sony filed a lawsuit against a hacker who broke playstations encryption code, some speculate it was the hacker group of which he was a member

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    supposedly it was Anonymous.. but i think someone hired them to do it so they could sell them beefed up security.. just a theory, but it has been claimed by Anonymous,and they are the only ones that can pull that type of stuff off.
    That has been an interesting side story. Anonymous leaders say they didn't do it, but other people in Anonymous say the problem is that all of a sudden there are "leaders" who have grabbed power and attention for themselves...going against everything the organization stood for. Many seem to believe the attack is from people associated with Anonymous, but without the knowledge or approval of the organization. But, that just brings up the same issue, since Anonymous is supposed to be a "headless" group, when the hell did then need to start getting approval?

Thread Information