musclestack is offline Productive Member

dreams disturbing my sleep

I've noticed that whenever I dream at night, the quality of my sleep suffers compared to when I don't dream. I've been having dreams every night for the past several weeks, and I wake up tired, tired at work, tired in the gym, etc. I guess I'm just looking for some advice on what to do?? IS there anyting? It's starting to piss me off, really.

By the way, I sleep at least a full 8 hours every night.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    You are probably being woken up when you are in a deep sleep. Try to go back to sleep, go to bed earlier, sleep in. Happens to me very frequently. Waking up when your body wants to is very important IMO

Yea, it started getting bad this past Sunday. I wake up several times a night; usually I fall right back to sleep, but I haven't slept well at all in the past few days. I've even noticed that I've lost a lot of my appetite since then as well. U think I'm geting sick?

I noticed that the more I dream, the worse I sleep.

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    I didn't think that you dreamed unless in a deep sleep? Could be wrong tho.

Are you using any new supplements or on any gear?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    It is said dreams only occur during REM sleep. "Everyone" has REM sleep everynight. The trick is to remember the dreams. My internal world is very rich and detailed. I have a "dream" wife, and we started arguing. she is becoming suspicious and thinks I'm having an affair with a woman in the "non dream" state (real wife).

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    You dream in REM sleep and REM sleep periods get longer and longer the more hours you sleep. So before you wake up you are going through your longest REM sleep periods of the night. So if an alarm or something wakes you up midREM then you will be in this sleepy state for a while as you "wake up." The thing to do is either not wake up (find out and fix whatever is waking you up) or to go back to sleep and wake up in between REM sleeps. What has changed recently? Anabolics? New wakeup time? Training differently? You could be hungry. That could be why you are waking up so frequently. Try drinking a protein shake then going back to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    It is said dreams only occur during REM sleep. "Everyone" has REM sleep everynight. The trick is to remember the dreams. My internal world is very rich and detailed. I have a "dream" wife, and we started arguing. she is becoming suspicious and thinks I'm having an affair with a woman in the "non dream" state (real wife).
    You're nuts

buffgator is offline king of mass
    Just to clarify you do not dream in rem sleep you dream in the stage of sleep before rem sleep. what you have is a symptom of sleep apnea. every time you labor hard to breath or stop breathing while sleeping your body is kicked out of rem back to the dream stage. the vivid dreaming all night means your not getting rem sleep thus your not recovering and resting. this is why your tired the next day.

tjax03 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    Just to clarify you do not dream in rem sleep you dream in the stage of sleep before rem sleep. what you have is a symptom of sleep apnea. every time you labor hard to breath or stop breathing while sleeping your body is kicked out of rem back to the dream stage. the vivid dreaming all night means your not getting rem sleep thus your not recovering and resting. this is why your tired the next day.
    This is pretty much all wrong, dreaming occurs during REM sleep.

buffgator is offline king of mass
    your right i was wrong...dreaming does occur in rem but it also occurs out of rem when you have sleep apnea. Dang now im all confused ive had sleep apnea for 7 years now how I thought the doctor explained it probably isnt right
    Last edited by buffgator; 05-19-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    You dream in REM sleep and REM sleep periods get longer and longer the more hours you sleep. So before you wake up you are going through your longest REM sleep periods of the night. So if an alarm or something wakes you up midREM then you will be in this sleepy state for a while as you "wake up." The thing to do is either not wake up (find out and fix whatever is waking you up) or to go back to sleep and wake up in between REM sleeps. What has changed recently? Anabolics? New wakeup time? Training differently? You could be hungry. That could be why you are waking up so frequently. Try drinking a protein shake then going back to bed.

You're nuts
    yes. sleep deprivation makes me very disfunctional

Quote Originally Posted by buffgator View Post
    your right i was wrong...dreaming does occur in rem but it also occurs out of rem when you have sleep apnea. Dang now im all confused ive had sleep apnea for 7 years now how I thought the doctor explained it probably isnt right
    can you cite your source? sounds wrong to me, but I have an open mind and would be willing to see your source?

Thread Information