MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"

Leg lengthening surgery.. would you do it???

It seems to me that a lot of guys on here are obsessed with being bigger, stronger, faster.. etc... I being one of those guys.. I think even if I was Jay Cutler's size that i would want to be bigger... So here is my question.. If you won the lottery and didn't have to worry about money or missing work would you take the 3-5 months off it requires to lengthen your legs 3-4"???? i mean it usually costs anywhere from 50-100k.. and is supposedly painful.. but if you want to be bigger.. wouldn't becoming taller be part of that??

I ask myself this question from time to time.. not sure if i would do it,, but it would be nice to be 6'3" ... but at what price??

For those of you that do not know what this is.. they break your legs and install screws into the bones and separate the bones about .5cm every week or so and the bone keeps growing to try to attempt to seal the break.. it stretches your calf muscles.. you can not take pain meds while on it cause the opiates affect bone healing.. and it is obviously VERY painful..

here are some links for those not familiar with the process:

http://www.leg-lengthening.com/

http://www.limblengtheningdoc.org/?g...FQEKfAod5gw_Ew

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    Damn that sounds painful. Not sure I would do it tho. I have really short legs for my height but I think I'd just deal with it before going through that. I'm 6' tall with 30" endseam.

i'm 5'10"-5'11" depending on when you measure and have the same.. i think if i could sleep through it maybe i would do it..like wake up 3 months later and then you have it.. like sure you would lose all your other muscles.. but you could get them back in 6 months of training with muscle memory being as potent as it is.. I think if you added 4-5" to your legs you would look weird though... but on top of being taller you should be able to run faster as well.. considering the extra distance taken in every step..

its crazy what science/medicine can do today

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    the better question would be:

would you consider increasing your leg length and your arm length to keep both proportional? the tech is the same for both

I don't have little man issues, so it would be hard for me to consider doing this for cosmetic purposes only. Ultimately, this would be better as a child.

But if you go that route, then why not GH on a child under a doctors eye for a couple of inch boost?

I wiouldn't hack myself up just for the illusion for a few more inches. Same body. Same mass. just a few disproportionate inches more? Pass.......

stack_it is offline Nothing to it, but to do it
    My arms are long my legs are short. The length of my torso makes it hard to find shirts that fit. Still tho I don't think I would do it

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    depends... last thing I want is to lengthen my legs so my wang looks even smaller

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    No way.No matter how tall you get.DSM will still kick ur ash lol

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I'm 6'5", no need for this surgery here

Knockout_Power is offline "Even sexier than Siggy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    and 180lbs? you thinking about doing a dbol and deca only cycle? Lots of great info on that in the Q&A this week

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    That's retarded. I would never do that even if I was 5-3

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Hells no I wouldn't do that. Looks horribly painful. I am perfectly content being average height.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    so how tall are you when you are NOT standing on the orange crate boxes? =)

Quote Originally Posted by times roman View Post
    so how tall are you when you are not standing on the orange crate boxes? =)
    repost!!!!

Uncle$ is offline Junior Member
    Machine, I'm the same height as you closer to 5 11 but not quite. Like others have said, unless it was natural growth I would think added inches in height only in your legs without equal growth elsewhere would just be strange looking for overall aesthetic purposes! I wouldn't mind being taller however I would never do something of this nature!

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    not even 5 7 here and i would not do it.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I would never do it.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Nope..... wouldn't consider it......

I'm 6'1 and consider my height perfect. I wouldn't wanna be any taller..... it's been hard enough packing mass on this frame..... and yet at 250lbs..... I don't look massive by any means. I couldn't imagine what Noah Steere looks like in real life..... isn't that guy like 6'6 350lbs?

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    Nope..... wouldn't consider it......

I'm 6'1 and consider my height perfect. I wouldn't wanna be any taller..... it's been hard enough packing mass on this frame..... and yet at 250lbs..... I don't look massive by any means. I couldn't imagine what Noah Steere looks like in real life..... isn't that guy like 6'6 350lbs?

~Haz~
    I thought that guy was 6'10 but I could be wrong.

I think the only physical aspect of myself I would change if I could, would be my height. I'm just under 5'10, and yeah..i'd like to be the magic 6 number but it is what it is. Everything else im perfectly fine with, but nah..not sure i'd go through a shit ton of surgery just for two extra inches of height.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I am 5'6 so i could benefit from this but if you ask me if i would every do it ? f@#$% no !

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    At 5'5 5'6 ish I would consider something like this because nothing sucks more than being an adult and having to crawl on a counter like a little kid to reach your oats at the top of a drawer or w/e (other tall people live with me -.-). I always wanted to be 5'9 maybe 5'10 and I got screwed! Plus my arms are long as all hell so I would maybe be in proportion after?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No, not a chance. If I cant reach something (5' 8") I use a step stool. All the good looking actors are short. If you are tall it's harder to find clothes that fit, you have limited headroom in cars, limited legroom when flying and it's harder to do a proper 69 because most women are short. hahahaha

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    No, not a chance. If I cant reach something (5' 8") I use a step stool. All the good looking actors are short. If you are tall it's harder to find clothes that fit, you have limited headroom in cars, limited legroom when flying and it's harder to do a proper 69 because most women are short. hahahaha

At 5'6 cloths are a problem. Large shirts fit my chest/arms but they are too damn long. If I choose a medium the length is good but the arms are skin tight which I hate.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    At 5'6 cloths are a problem. Large shirts fit my chest/arms but they are too damn long. If I choose a medium the length is good but the arms are skin tight which I hate.
    Who needs sleeves? Rip them off. Wife beater shirts are the way to go.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Thats funny and so damn true.....

My neck cramped once cuz I had to keep my head up just to reach her..... it takes all the fun out of it.

~Haz~
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    so your arms will be out of proportion to ur legs....wasnt a billionaire had his legs cut short so he look normal, little that he knew he started to look like gorilla....does any one remember him

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by Renesis View Post
    At 5'5 5'6 ish I would consider something like this because nothing sucks more than being an adult and having to crawl on a counter like a little kid to reach your oats at the top of a drawer or w/e (other tall people live with me -.-). I always wanted to be 5'9 maybe 5'10 and I got screwed! Plus my arms are long as all hell so I would maybe be in proportion after?
    I'm 5'6 also and wouldnt consider it. I'm comfortable with my height. Do i wish i was taller sure. But doesnt bother me at all.

Thats why i ask my wife to get things off the higher shelf

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I'm 5'6 also and wouldnt consider it. I'm comfortable with my height. Do i wish i was taller sure. But doesnt bother me at all.

Thats why i ask my wife to get things off the higher shelf
    u meant ur EX???

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    u meant ur EX???
    We never got divorced. We started talking again a few months ago. And hanging out a little here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    We never got divorced. We started talking again a few months ago. And hanging out a little here and there.
    good for u i guess

MASTER is offline "I Own You"
    Hell no, don't think I could go that long without training legs. I'd also worry about squatting heavy ever again after having both legs broken.

Thread Information