grumpee is offline Associate Member

My Doc Called me in today for " Values outside of reference range"

on my blood test from a few weeks ago from my primary care dr.

I guess my Total test was 2400 and the upper range for the reference range was 1100 and my free test was 873.6 and that upper range for the reference range was 150.

I told her everything I was doing and she told me it was a good way to give myself a heart attack before 40 etc... Is this true at all ?
    Last edited by grumpee; 05-24-2011 at 01:16 AM.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Men with high testosterone levels are at increase risk of cardiovascular diseases, also men with low testosterone have an increased risk of dying from cardiovascular disease.

From what I've read.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpee View Post
    on my blood test from a few weeks ago from my primary care dr.

I guess my Total test was 2400 and the upper range for the reference range was 1100 and my free test was 873.6 and that upper range for the reference range was 150.

I told her everything I was doing and she told me it was a good way to give myself a heart attack before 40 etc... Is this true at all ?
    What is it you are doing? Ok I searched.
    D-bol week 1-6 @ 20 mgs a day
    test week 1-12 @ 600 mgs a week
    decca week 1-12 @ 400 mgs a week

Why would you go in while on cycle to get blood work knowing it will be all out of whack?
    Last edited by lovbyts; 05-24-2011 at 03:19 AM.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post

Why would you go in while on cycle to get blood work knowing it will be all out of whack?
    Really? On cycle?

Wait 2-3 months after PCT for any real readings on your bloodwork

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I love when people hear news they don't want to hear from their doctors and post here trying to feel better. She is your doctor, listen to her ! Just have her keep a close eye on you with your blood work etc.

Actually thats my next cycle I was considering.

I'm currently on 800 mgs of test only.

I went in because I wanted to know what my lipids , blood counts, test etc were on cycle. I pay for them so I might as well get them just for educational reasons.

I told her that i was going to run a few more cycles and get to where i want to be then just cruise on my 200 mgs a week of TRT. She then replied with running just a few more cycles at that same total and free test amounts would cause me to have a heart attack.

The question I asked her is " was she correct thhat running a few more cycles would cause me to have a heart attack at those levels ? sorry if I came off wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    I love when people hear news they don't want to hear from their doctors and post here trying to feel better. She is your doctor, listen to her ! Just have her keep a close eye on you with your blood work etc.
    Nah man,lol. That was not my intention at all.

I just found it funny how a Dr. can say running a few more short cycles would cause me to have a heart attack.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

I went in because I wanted to know what my lipids , blood counts, test etc were on cycle. I pay for them so I might as well get them just for educational reasons.

I told her that i was going to run a few more cycles and get to where i want to be then just cruise on my 200 mgs a week of TRT. She then replied with running just a few more cycles at that same total and free test amounts would cause me to have a heart attack.

The question I asked her is " was she correct thhat running a few more cycles would cause me to have a heart attack at those levels ? sorry if I came off wrong.
    First off telling your Dr. all that could put you at risk for insurance problems

2nd to answer your questions. Yes your risk to that is higher then if you didnt do steroids . Is it def going to give you a heart attack? Doubt it. Alot more of us on here would be dropping like flies if it was a guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    Really? On cycle?

Wait 2-3 months after PCT for any real readings on your bloodwork
    Yep on cycle.. I will get a blood test again 2 months after my cycle while I'm on TRT to check everything again.

awms is offline Senior Member
    Well of course its true if your not safe. steroids are safe if your safe...Its kind of like drinking alcohol if you abuse it your going to have problems. Imo running more than 1 cycle to two cycles a year is un healthy for the most part unless of course you are on hrt which is diffrent.

Eat healthy, keep active, treat your body well, cycle compounds that arnt going to do major damage to your body, and use proper pct and you will be fine.

Over use for extended periods of time, Use lots of strong liver toxic compounds at high doses, and eat poorly, yes you will have a heart attach at 40.

awms is offline Senior Member
    Most of my budies eat junk food, drink beer every night, and get wasted every friday and sat, some smoke...ect ect. I eat healthy, I almost never drink, workout 4-5 times a week, jog 3 times a week, and of course I run a cycle a year...who do you think is going to live longer???? I would put my money on me seeing as I have never had a bad blood test or high BP in my life.

OK then that's a little different than what I was thinking and makes sense except for telling her anything. NOT a good idea in the long run for insurance and possible legal reasons that you may not foresee in the future. Next time use an independent lab, not your doctor.

As far as what your doctor told you, she is a quack 100% so even better reason not to tell her anything. If it was me; honestly I would change doctors now. Tell the next doctor that you changed because she seems to have very limited knowledge on TRT and she keeps miss quoting you saying you are running a cycle when you are NOT and the only reason your results where so high is because you injected 2x in one week forgetting you had already done it and had the test a few days later or something like that. Have blood test done again once you know for a fact you are back to normal levels.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Nah man,lol. That was not my intention at all.

I just found it funny how a Dr. can say running a few more short cycles would cause me to have a heart attack.
    So if we all posted he was crazy and that there was no way this could/would happen, would you take our word over your doctors ?

DSM was being polite (for once ) and he is correct, I should not have said No way or your doctor is a quack. There may be circumstances that lead your doctor to believe this with you. I think under normal circumstances for a typical healthy male who is in good enough physical condition to run a cycle it would be very unlikely to for that to happen and would be more than likely a scare tactic by the doctor.

OK then that's a little different than what I was thinking and makes sense except for telling her anything. NOT a good idea in the long run for insurance and possible legal reasons that you may not foresee in the future. Next time use an independent lab, not your doctor.

As far as what your doctor told you, she is a quack 100% so even better reason not to tell her anything. If it was me; honestly I would change doctors now. Tell the next doctor that you changed because she seems to have very limited knowledge on TRT and she keeps miss quoting you saying you are running a cycle when you are NOT and the only reason your results where so high is because you injected 2x in one week forgetting you had already done it and had the test a few days later or something like that. Have blood test done again once you know for a fact you are back to normal levels.
    I agree. The only reason I was telling her all that info is because I wanted to be upfront and honest with her .

I will be looking for a new Dr. though.

DSM was being polite (for once ) and he is correct, I should not have said No way or your doctor is a quack. There may be circumstances that lead your doctor to believe this with you. I think under normal circumstances for a typical healthy male who is in good enough physical condition to run a cycle it would be very unlikely to for that to happen and would be more than likely a scare tactic by the doctor.
    I know where you guys are coming from.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    I agree. The only reason I was telling her all that info is because I wanted to be upfront and honest with her .

I will be looking for a new Dr. though.
    there is a good chance that this "information" you shared with her will be in your permanent medical record and can affect you getting medical insurance in the future.. not a smart move man.

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    there is a good chance that this "information" you shared with her will be in your permanent medical record and can affect you getting medical insurance in the future.. not a smart move man.
    Most Medical records are usually destroyed in 6 years here in Arizona or atleast in my dr.s office. Was told they only archive them for up to 6 years then destroy them and I dont have health insurance. I'm self employed and pay out of pocket.
    Last edited by grumpee; 05-25-2011 at 11:45 PM.

coonhunter is offline Member
    Was this your HRT Doc? If not why not?

Quote Originally Posted by coonhunter View Post
    Was this your HRT Doc? If not why not?
    Primary Care Doc. I fired my HRT Doc after hearing him say that watching your estrogen was not important and taking a ai and hcg was not needed.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    If you guys who are on TRT are blasting and cruising is it necessary to do a pct since you are always on but at a lower level after the blast, anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    If you guys who are on TRT are blasting and cruising is it necessary to do a pct since you are always on but at a lower level after the blast, anyways?
    Nope its not necessary. Really no need for it since your going back to your TRT dose and that will keep your levels normal.

Thread Information