Thread: PSA Commercial

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

PSA Commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T549VoLca_Q

what do you guys think of this commercial. I saw it on tv last night

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    I think it means well and is trying to make people think about what they say. But in real life situations like in schools I don't see it changing only from bad to worse. Acceptability of calling negros the big N word has dropped tremendously these days, but everyone else seems fair game still. Besides that most black folks carry guns these days and you run the risk of getting you dumb butt shot for mouthing something stupid like that to them.
    Last edited by Shol'va; 05-31-2011 at 04:13 PM.

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    Besides that most black folks carry guns these days
    LOL how did clemont get access to your account?

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I thought it was a joke at first. People are too damn sensitive these days.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
    LOL how did clemont get access to your account?
    He didn't but it must be true ask Clemont...lol

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Yeah people can be too sensative.

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Is "ra-tard" the same thing? I started saying that after The Hangover came out.

how did this turn into a black thing. There were words for multiple people.

LGM
    Quote Originally Posted by SmackHappy View Post
    "Most blacks carry guns" ... really ehh?
    I'm not arguing with you.

I'm waiting for zimmy to give the "all fingers are not thumbs" arguement and call you racist.
    edit: my bad looks like he already tried but more indirectly.

Fact still remains that a lot of them do carry guns. And a lot of them will also use them. I think the N word is just a word like any other and the only issue with it
    is the meaning that blacks have given it themselves in society. Meaning its a bad word just because they like to overreact about it. But its still just a word for shits sake.

If someone called me a "pollock" I'm not going to complain to reverend Jessie Polockski to have him vent on the evening news and talk about how evil whites are
    or anyone using the word. When in fact the group that uses the word most are blacks themself. Most white people just think it. Because like I said they know if they
    say it they'll prob get shot.
    You sure have a thing for zimmy for only having 15 posts...

Quote Originally Posted by LGM View Post
    You sure have a thing for zimmy for only having 15 posts...
    he is a troll. hopefully will be banned soon

well i intended this to be a discussion. I was surprised to see a psa about calling people retard. Thats what it's about not to use it even joking with your friends.

And I threw in the comment about most black folks carrying guns to show about stereotyping. But I might as we have said that All Black People Love Watermelon Chicken And Cadillac Cars. It still backfired me thinks. Mea Culpa, thirty lashes with a wet noodle for me.....BTW I love watermelon and chicken...not too keen on the caddys though....

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    And I threw in the comment about most black folks carrying guns to show about stereotyping. But I might as we have said that All Black People Love Watermelon Chicken And Cadillac Cars. It still backfired me thinks. Mea Culpa, thirty lashes with a wet noodle for me.....BTW I love watermelon and chicken...not too keen on the caddys though....
    come over ill give you a spanking for being bad

LGM
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    come over ill give you a spanking for being bad
    Someone gonna follow this up with Marcus for the interview? If not, I will...

Flagg is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What the Hell has this advert got to do with being too damn sensitive? Hmm, I wonder if those that think these adverts are "too sensitive" are white christians?

There is no call for words like that. Thing is, they are always perpetuated in one form or another. Black people refering to themselves with the "N" word, people being called the "R" word or the "G" word if they do something even remotely foolish. The words themselves have almost lost meaning to what they originally meant, but does that mean they should be used at all?

With the word "retard", I guess it's easier to use that word on someone that is retarded, because unlike other ethnic groups, mentally disabled people don't have a means of defending themselves as such.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagg View Post
    What the Hell has this advert got to do with being too damn sensitive? Hmm, I wonder if those that think these adverts are "too sensitive" are white christians?

There is no call for words like that. Thing is, they are always perpetuated in one form or another. Black people refering to themselves with the "N" word, people being called the "R" word or the "G" word if they do something even remotely foolish. The words themselves have almost lost meaning to what they originally meant, but does that mean they should be used at all?

With the word "retard", I guess it's easier to use that word on someone that is retarded, because unlike other ethnic groups, mentally disabled people don't have a means of defending themselves as such.
    To your last sentence i think its the opposite. Or for me it is. I would never called a mentally disabled person a retard for that reason. I have used all the other words before. Pretty much out of anger in a situation, but just for the reason the ycant defend themselves i couldnt do it.

Also what it the G word "gay" ?

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    To your last sentence i think its the opposite. Or for me it is. I would never called a mentally disabled person a retard for that reason. I have used all the other words before. Pretty much out of anger in a situation, but just for the reason the ycant defend themselves i couldnt do it.

Also what it the G word "gay" ?
    While I would never call a mentally disabled person a retard, im sure it's happened before elsewhere. And yep, as I still find the word "******" a bit uncomfortable to type, I thought I would emphsize the point by refering to "retard" and "gay" by their captial letters. After all, there is no one slur that should be more taboo than any other. With words like that, it's not about "censoring" or being "politically correct", it's just about having respect for your fellow man. And respect seems to be a unknown thing thses days sadly.

EDIT: While "gay" is itself, not offensive as say "fag", the word gay seems to have replaced something that is lame or stupid. For instant "That movie was gay". Like you, i'm just as guilty of using all those words at one point or another, out of anger or frustration, but I guess all the while intollerance exists, so will derogatory terms. People are assholes at the end of the day.
    Last edited by Flagg; 06-01-2011 at 10:12 AM.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I don't call any race by their slurs...and I don't call intellectually challenged folks "retards." But I do say things are "retarded" as it is a part of our language. I find it interesting that a group of people are trying to "take back" that word. I view it as a synonym for "slow", and maybe I should change. Funny thing is, I learned it as a kid working on cars, not making fun of, uh, people with low intelligence.

All this word play gets tiring. Words are constantly taken away...and then given back when they are acceptable again. Some groups can say certain words, and others can't. We need to learn to gauge intent better, to understand if a person is really trying to be hurtful.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I don't call any race by their slurs...and I don't call intellectually challenged folks "retards." But I do say things are "retarded" as it is a part of our language. I find it interesting that a group of people are trying to "take back" that word. I view it as a synonym for "slow", and maybe I should change. Funny thing is, I learned it as a kid working on cars, not making fun of, uh, people with low intelligence.

All this word play gets tiring. Words are constantly taken away...and then given back when they are acceptable again. Some groups can say certain words, and others can't. We need to learn to gauge intent better, to understand if a person is really trying to be hurtful.
    I agree 100%. Again, I dont like the word "******", yet I think when black people use it amongst themselves, it's kind of hypocritical and just serves to perpetuate it's use in my opinion. The word is either offensive or it's not, regardless of who is using it.

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    re·tard   
    [ri-tahrd, for 1–3, 5; ree-tahrd for 4]
    –verb (used with object)

1. to make slow; delay the development or progress of (an action, process, etc.); hinder or impede.

Anyone can be retarded. People are too damn sensitive.

Thread Information