Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast
    bushido3374 is offline Member

Unhappy Protein shake: drink or throw out?

I was in a hurry last night and left the house with a double serving protein shake on the counter overnight.

I mixed it with water instead of skim milk, so I was thinking I should drink it since I'm going to school and I'm kinda poor right now.
    But then, I though of the room temperature affecting the high protein content and thought it might look like a petri dish by now.

This one case isn't a big deal, but I do this fairly often and end up throwing out more protein than I'd like to.

What do you guys think? Would you drink it?

RuhlFreak55 is offline Purveyor of Thor's Hammer
    go fish....i'd prolly drink it...

honda450 is offline Associate Member
    Just drink it

BuffBuffalo is offline Senior Member
    Ugh I once left a strawberry shake mixed in my car for a couple days, figured it was no biggie so I just went ahead and got a big drink. Worst mistake ever. Don't do it man.

Jenseno9 is offline Member
    unless your homeless and starving throw that out! Are you crazy?
    Last edited by Jenseno9; 03-14-2009 at 12:20 PM.

Crest is offline Senior Member
    leave it for another day then smell it!

LMAO!

Two say, "drink it" and two say, "WTF, are you crazy?"

I know, I'm stingy with suppliments. All the stuff I take gets expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffBuffalo View Post
    Ugh I once left a strawberry shake mixed in my car for a couple days, figured it was no biggie so I just went ahead and got a big drink. Worst mistake ever. Don't do it man.
    Buff, what happened to you? Did you get the shits? Sick enough that you were bedridden?

pyrat is offline Associate Member
    i've done that b4 without a problem. drink it

Matt is offline AR's Hot British Pimp Daddy ~HOF~
    Blog Entries
    This has to be a fuvkin joke right.....

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by bushido3374 View Post
    I was in a hurry last night and left the house with a double serving protein shake on the counter overnight.

I mixed it with water instead of skim milk, so I was thinking I should drink it since I'm going to school and I'm kinda poor right now.
    But then, I though of the room temperature affecting the high protein content and thought it might look like a petri dish by now.

This one case isn't a big deal, but I do this fairly often and end up throwing out more protein than I'd like to.

What do you guys think? Would you drink it?

you are being a jerk. its TWO ****ing scoops of powder. What is that worth two dollars????? I can buy a pound of chicken for 2 dollars.

WHAT THE **** IS WHEY PROTEIN MADE OF?????? THATS RIGHT IS ****ING MADE FROM MILK. MILK SPOILS BY SITTING IN THE FRIDGE. DO THE MATH. QUIT BEING UPSET ABOUT WASTING TWO DOLLARS. JESUS CHRIST DUDE. THATS RETARDED.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04 View Post
    you are being a jerk. its TWO ****ing scoops of powder. What is that worth two dollars????? I can buy a pound of chicken for 2 dollars.

WHAT THE **** IS WHEY PROTEIN MADE OF?????? THATS RIGHT IS ****ING MADE FROM MILK. MILK SPOILS BY SITTING IN THE FRIDGE. DO THE MATH. QUIT BEING UPSET ABOUT WASTING TWO DOLLARS. JESUS CHRIST DUDE. THATS RETARDED.
    Couldnt of put it better...

MAD MATT,
    I'm going to school right now instead of working, so I have to learn how to be as frugal as possible if I'm going to be able to keep going full time.
    Between gear, PCT, protein, creatine, BCAA's, tons of food, gym membership, ect, you've got to know that it all adds up fast.
    I'm also rediculously busy and spacey at times, so I waste protein by doing this almost once a week lately.
    Plus I just really hate to waste food. Maybe because I came from a somewhat poor family.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD MATT View Post
    Couldnt of put it better...
    seriously, this is bodybuilding.com obsessive compulsive just crap.

Are you really calling me a jerk because I asked a question about how fast a protein shake would spoil? Are you really calling me a jerk after such an aggressive and judgemental response from yourself? And you're name calling? I think you sound much more retarded than my post did. If you didn't like my harmless question, why did you even take the time to respond? Are you really that simple minded and hateful? Do you really go off on screaming rants like this in your real life? A part of me thinks you really are a stupid person. You don't seem to have much patience or intelligence.

Was my thread really seriously worthy of a flame? Did anyone else percieve my question as malicious or insulting?

WTF is wrong with you, Iron and Matt? You both sound like simple, aggressive and hateful people.

Blog Entries
    Was my thread really seriously worthy of a flame? Did anyone else percieve my question as malicious or insulting?

WTF is wrong with you, Iron and Matt? You both sound like simple, aggressive and hateful people.
    Thank you...

Are you really calling me a jerk because I asked a question about how fast a protein shake would spoil? Are you really calling me a jerk after such an aggressive and judgemental response from yourself? And you're name calling? I think you sound much more retarded than my post did. If you didn't like my harmless question, why did you even take the time to respond? Are you really that simple minded and hateful? Do you really go off on screaming rants like this in your real life? A part of me thinks you really are a stupid person. You don't seem to have much patience or intelligence.
    the irony. Here lets disect this

"Are you really calling me a jerk because I asked a question about how fast a protein shake would spoil?"

yes

"I think you sound much more retarded than my post did. If you didn't like my harmless question, why did you even take the time to respond?"

I'm not the one contemplating drinking something derived from milk that sat out overnight. I responded because maybe I am thinking that nobody disserves food poisening.

"Are you really that simple minded and hateful?"

simple minded? not at all. hateful, sure

"Do you really go off on screaming rants like this in your real life?"

occasionally

"A part of me thinks you really are a stupid person. You don't seem to have much patience or intelligence"

again, I'm not the one contemplating drinking something derived from milk that sat out overnight. This means that you either do not know what whey protein is made from, or you do not have any kind of understanding of microbiology. I think most eighth graders can understand both where whey protein comes from and has some fundamental understanding of microbiology. I would definately reconsider who has the higher intelligence between the two of us.

Blog Entries
    I do infact think this may have a place in the hall of shame...

Chode Logan is offline AR's Ravishing Maestro of Anabolic Tastyness
    I dont understand the hate, but I also don't get why you wouldn't drink it. Protein powder doesn't magically get rancid when you put it in water....it's water not milk....how the hell could it go bad over night?

Iron,
    Having a lack of understanding (of even common sense if that's the case in your opinion) makes me a jerk? I don't understand the reasoning used to draw that conclusion.
    I know that whey protein is derived from milk. I wouldn't drink a glass of milk that was sitting out all night. Butter is also derived from milk. Many people use butter unrefridgerated. You see, there are deviations from that basic logic. It isn't always that cut and dry. I ask questions because I'm willing to admit that I don't know it all and I want to know what more experienced athletes think. Isn't that what this place is here for? Wouldn't you think that the very purpose of this place serving an informational role is compromised when people verbally punish other members for asking honest questions? Is that how you contribute to new members on this forum?

It's a god damn powder, how could people say letting it sit in a cup overnight will make it rancid, what the hell is the difference between a cup and the jug it comes in? Is everyone retarded?

Matt,

Have you even noticed that there have been a couple of other posts by more experienced members that would drink the day old protein shake?

Did you refrain from insulting them because they've been around longer and you don't have the guts to flame them?

I can't help but wonder if you get any respect for your perspectives in your real life. Does anyone really take your opinion seriously? Did I really offend you with my thread subject?

Thanks for not flaming, Chode. Most of the people I've talked to on here really try to inform us newer people.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe since it's powder, is it chemically different?

If I made good money right now, it wouldn't have even mattered. I just didn't want to waste unecessarily.

I really didn't see these critical responses coming, or understand how they're justified.

Try the shake arnold prepares at the beginning of his ridiculous movie "End of Days"... that'll get ur day going..

completely repulsive and some nice obvious film editing to make it "appear" as thou he consumed his pepto bismol, pizza, liqor, and some shit he found on the ground shake concoction.. =)

Blog Entries
    Matt,

Have you even noticed that there have been a couple of other posts by more experienced members that would drink the day old protein shake?

Did you refrain from insulting them because they've been around longer and you don't have the guts to flame them?

I can't help but wonder if you get any respect for your perspectives in your real life. Does anyone really take your opinion seriously? Did I really offend you with my thread subject?
    Listen im not flaming you because you werent sure about drinking it or not, its your drink, you know how it smells and looks. If it doesnt look good and smells bad then dont drink it, if it looks ok and smells ok then drink it.

Fuvk you'll be starting a thread soon telling us you've run out of toilet paper, and asking us what to do?

You are correct, nobody takes any of my posts serious, didnt you know that already??

Blog Entries
    BTW because Iron and i flammed you a little its made this thread much more interesting lol, other wise it would have died a long time ago.

No no, you dont need to say it.......

Your Welcome.....

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Holy **** bros?!? Seriously???? This is some preschool shit.

Look...throw out the protein shake. Its not worth getting sick over.

lol lol lol.....

seriuosly for christs sakes....

if the protein drink smells kind of bad, but members with alot of posts (experienced) are telling you thats its fine......sersiously what should you do?

MMArmour is offline Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Ahhh!! Its ****ing protein powder! Not diamonds. Why are we being consulted about 2 scoops of whey?!?

Blog Entries
    Or in future stick your penis in the drink, make sure you get plenty over the bellend. Then get your girlfriend, wife, boy friend, cat or dog to taste it, if its good for them then its good for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Panzerfaust80 View Post
    Try the shake arnold prepares at the beginning of his ridiculous movie "End of Days"... that'll get ur day going..

completely repulsive and some nice obvious film editing to make it "appear" as thou he consumed his pepto bismol, pizza, liqor, and some shit he found on the ground shake concoction.. =)

I'll have to youtube that and see if I can find it. My bulking morning shake seems to be almost that rediculous. It's like a damned circus inside of a blender first thing in the morning when I'm still trying to remember what day of the week it is.

I really don't know how some of you keep track of all of the calories, suppliments and workout routines day in and day out.

Blog Entries
    Me and Iron have made this thread what it has become, and we are proud, we may even start posting pics of hot chicks with milk all over them here. This has the chance to become the best thread in the history of AR...

Long live the protein shake thread...

I'm pretty sure this has zero chance to become the best thread in history, maybe top 10 if the heat cranks up, but still unlikely.

Blog Entries
    Bush i am sorry i flammed you, if you were here now i would put my arms around you and hold you tight. I would let you cry on my shoulder and tell you everythings going to be alright... I would share my shake with you, we would get through these hard times together just you and i bro, i would even let you watch me having sex with my gf's sister ........

Quote Originally Posted by Chode Logan View Post
    I'm pretty sure this has zero chance to become the best thread in history, maybe top 10 if the heat cranks up, but still unlikely.
    we'll just see about that.

we'll just see about that.
    Out of all the classics, like sus fighter, injection gear into the asshole, and other gems, you think this is funnier cause you made fun of a guy for his nutsack exploding over weather to drink a shake or not? Not in the same league.

Mildly amusing for a saturday afternoon, but not legendary.

Blog Entries
    Bush where have you gone, you havent drunk it and died have you???

Blog Entries
    [IMG]http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/3/17/idrinkyo128502***212187500.jpg[/IMG]

xlxBigSexyxlx is offline CHEMICALLY ENGINEERED
    Blog Entries
    lol...nice thread

if it looks legit, down it.
    if not, throw it.

Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information