doxmaster is offline Associate Member

Questions about LA

I've started to recover from my injuries , have slowly began to get back to being an off the books construction worker and have began studying for my ged after finally making some money. I have always wanted to move to LA since I was thirteen and I think this may be the year year I pull it off. I have some questions though about apartments etc.

1. whats the cheapest rate for anapartment? doesnt have to be anything special just just 350 square ft and allow pets ( the pet part is a serious issue I have reptiles I have had for years that wont give up for the world)

2. I have been trying to get a laborors job in constuction hows the job market for them over there?

3. Average rate for gym memberships at any of the decent gyms there ?

4. Hows the city itself like is it like nyc up here tight and 10x easier to walk then drive ?
    Last edited by doxmaster; 06-10-2011 at 04:27 AM.

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Canīt answer any of your qīs.
    But, Iīve been to every state in the US except Hawaii and Alaska, and lived in many of them including CA.
    And CA is my favorite.
    I love LA, and can rent a car and just drive around LA, or head north on PCH to wherever it will take me...
    Canīt explain what is about CA, itīs a feeling. The energy.
    Good luck with your adventure!!
    You gonna love it.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I've moved around alot. Always have a job lined up before you go. Especially in todays economy

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I've moved around alot. Always have a job lined up before you go. Especially in todays economy
    GIXXTER!!!
    Where is your sense of adventure?...

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    GIXXTER!!!
    Where is your sense of adventure?...
    this economy killed it Everytime i have moved i pretty much made the decision and moved in less then 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by First Timer 42 View Post
    Canīt answer any of your qīs.
    But, Iīve been to every state in the US except Hawaii and Alaska, and lived in many of them including CA.
    And CA is my favorite.
    I love LA, and can rent a car and just drive around LA, or head north on PCH to wherever it will take me...
    Canīt explain what is about CA, itīs a feeling. The energy.
    Good luck with your adventure!!
    You gonna love it.
    hopefullly I make it there this year seem to be promising got a lil over 1k saved ,only issue will be finding a union constuction job or a nice non union outfit . In ny constuction jobs are easy to come by I live like 10 minutes from union halll and there currently hiring 210 fresh new laborors. Do they have any place like that in LA ?

Quote Originally Posted by doxmaster View Post
    hopefullly I make it there this year seem to be promising got a lil over 1k saved ,only issue will be finding a union constuction job or a nice non union outfit . In ny constuction jobs are easy to come by I live like 10 minutes from union halll and there currently hiring 210 fresh new laborors. Do they have any place like that in LA ?
    I have no idea.
    I had probably the same as u in savings moving out there for the first time, and a car that would never make the trip, so I found a rental car "drive away" or what ever they call them. (A car that needed to be transported from Miami to LA).
    I made the trip in 3 days.
    Once there I sifted through newspapers and found a place that sold pepper sprays wholesale. Cool ones, looking like a pen etc.
    So I ordered for pretty much all my savings, got myself a picnic table, and sat down with the rest of the weirdoes on the boardwalk of Venice beach, and sold my pepper sprays. The rest was an adventure.
    If I was u, I would just go. There are certain things that magically just line up, once you are there......Assuming you are an approachable, likable, pleasant person, and not a jackass...lol
    Whatīs the worst that could happen?
    Is construction all u want to do?

Constructions all I know my grandfather taught my dad and my dad taugh me up until I was injured I had been working off the books for over a year. I wish I could leave I still have a few months of therapy left and gotta get my ged and liscense only got my permit so still a few things left to go.

Quote Originally Posted by doxmaster View Post
    Constructions all I know my grandfather taught my dad and my dad taugh me up until I was injured I had been working off the books for over a year. I wish I could leave I still have a few months of therapy left and gotta get my ged and liscense only got my permit so still a few things left to go.
    Well, I guess itīs no hurry.
    Like u say, get your license in order, and save some more $.
    Wish I could help u, but I donīt know anyone in your field in LA. But I will still send a couple of E-mails to friends out there, just in case someone knows someone.

thanks man hopefully i'll have some decent money by then also sorry I was a little vague on the whole construction thing I do sheetrocking Im a good, painter I know how to do basic tiling and minor electrical work . When I was In highschool my only good grades were in tech classes also my dad always taught me in case I owned a house one day for each thing I learn now is one less thing I would have to pay somebody else.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I would save as much as possible, I mean saving pennies. Like Gxxsr said, it would work out much easier to have a job lined up, is there some part of construction you excel in ? Go for a week as a sort of vacation/job hunt and see what the chances of you getting some work relatively fast when you get there.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

I dont particularly excel in any parts of construction but a job seeking vacation sounds like a good idea I'll have to put that into consideration since well it is the summer after all and I havent been on one in 3 years.

Thread Information