Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

Bad News for some.... this could mean more $$ out of your pocket for a night's entert

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...ate_sales.html

Lap dance tax? Court says erotic dances are not an art and subject to state sales tax
    BY Glenn Blain
    DAILY NEWS ALBANY BUREAU

Friday, June 10th 2011, 2:06 PM

ALBANY - Coming soon to a jiggle joint near you - The Tax Man!

A state appeals court has ruled lap dances cannot be considered art - and should be subject to state sales tax.

"In our view, there can be no serious question that - at a bare minimum - petitioner failed to meet its burden of establishing that the private dances offered at its club were choreographed performances," Justice John Egan Jr. wrote in the Appellate Division ruling.

The decision caps a long-running dispute between the state and an Albany-area strip club called Night Moves.

State officials charged that the club - an adult juice bar - owed the state $124,921 in sales tax, plus interest for admission charges and private dance sales.

Club owners disputed the charge, arguing that its performances were "dramatic or musical arts performances" not subject to sales tax.

Egan rejected that argument.

"The record reflects that the clubs' dancers are not required to have any formal dance training and ... often rely upon videos or suggestions from other dancers to learn their craft," the judge wrote.

A spokeswoman for the state Division of Taxation and Finance would not comment.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i wonder were you will have to insert the change when tax is included

awms is offline Senior Member
    haha

Let be honest here the shiit these girls do is not art! lol its little mix called low self esteem, coke, and few shots of yager lol

Its sucks but I mean if there gunna tax somthing its makes more sens to tax lap dances than other shit....

Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    haha

Let be honest here the shiit these girls do is not art! lol its little mix called low self esteem, coke, and few shots of yager lol

Its sucks but I mean if there gunna tax somthing its makes more sens to tax lap dances than other shit....
    depends where you go. I've been in the industry and have been to places that the girls put on a show. Costumes and props and you can literally watch in amazement with some of the stuff they do. Places like that will draw alot of women customers also.

lifter65 is offline Associate Member
    great now im gonna have to come up with an extra dollar n 20 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    depends where you go. I've been in the industry and have been to places that the girls put on a show. Costumes and props and you can literally watch in amazement with some of the stuff they do. Places like that will draw alot of women customers also.
    Yeah man but are they artists? Iduno its up for debate but at the end of the day these girls are not doing it because they love what they do and its theri dream job lol its because its big cash! If it only paid minumum wage with no tips I think we would see alot less stripers lol

You could call anything an art really....I could say I shouldnt pay taxes on my gym membership cuz bodybuilding is an art. I scalp my body and go on stage as an art form right? well the government doesnt care lol

Yeah man but are they artists? Iduno its up for debate but at the end of the day these girls are not doing it because they love what they do and its theri dream job lol its because its big cash! If it only paid minumum wage with no tips I think we would see alot less stripers lol
    depends how it looked at. When you pay a cover are you paying to see a show? Is that any different then any other kind of show. They are saying it is cause the girls dont have formal dance training. They want to tax the cover charge too.

You could call anything an art really....I could say I shouldnt pay taxes on my gym membership cuz bodybuilding is an art. I scalp my body and go on stage as an art form right? well the government doesnt care lol
    your not paying for art you are paying for use of the gym. its a service

Immortal Soldier is offline Anabolic Member
    1) It's New York, so who the **** cares lol Florida and Vegas will always rule!! lol

2) Online Poker is more a travesty Government got too greedy, now I am without gambling in the courtesy of my own bed!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    hahahaha you got to love sh*t like that, it's probably a daughter or niece giving the dance also and it's probably her kid.

If it's taxed then where do we insert the quarters?

Marilyn Manson screaming is considered art.

And if I stick a microphone to my asss and cut the cheese for 45 seconds and record it, then I guess that would be art too.

Problem is that art can be anything to anybody.... very difficult to define.

Clearly, manageent of the strip club is trying to hide behind this loose definition of art, and also trying to duck having to pay taxes.

Motivation seems real transparent to me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    what the fuk is wrong with this picture?

am i the only one bothered by babies watching sexually themed entertainment?

shouldn't the baby be watching sesame street or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post

Yes it's not a good environment for the baby but she at least has no idea what is going on and will forget about it in 10 seconds. Now as for the 10 or 11 year old boy in the background that is another story.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR

the baby is just thinking "lunch".

yeah its disturbing

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    I am trying to figure what the hell is going on in the picture!!!

Well even if its an "art" its an art that in this economy should be taxed before some other things...I dated a striper and know many and I still dont think its an art lol atleast not a serious one. You pay tax when you buy a movie ticket, you pay when you buy a football ticket, you pay when you buy art from an art store so why should you pay tax on a lap dance? its sucks yes but again its alot better then making us pay more tax on other things that are needs not wants...A lap dance is not a need and these girls make a killing to take of their clothes its not that hard lol the girls I dated made more money in a night then I could make in month just to shake her ass and get guys hard lol

Hunter is offline Grateful

That is pure white trash.

^ and it looks like it is inside a trailer. How fitting.....

(to respond to another comment.... so is the backwards hat person the teanager you are referring to?)

^ and it looks like it is inside a trailer. How fitting.....

(to respond to another comment.... so is the backwards hat person the teanager you are referring to?)
    Yeah thats what I am thinking. Looks very short, long hair but to short and not a girls style. Looks like a typical young teen boy.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    actually , no a child should not be watching TV at all until the age of 2 yrs old, and then only limited to 1-2 hours a day at the most..

fyi

I like grandma watching from the back too..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

zimmy is offline Anabolic Member
    lol It shouldn't be considered an art up there any way with those stupid no touch rule.

Thread Information