Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mustang331 is offline Member

Who the hell are these DAMN ACTORS!!!

These freaks on nature are really getting on my nerves!!! Who the hell are they, they think there S@#$ Dont stink... Like we are supposed to listen to them and like because they got money there words mean something!! Tonight on the academy awards there all wearing protest pins and allot are going to talk how we should get out now and bush is doing such a bad job, BLAH BLAH BLAH!! I hate em all!!!!

Sorry I am just venting I cannot stand these FREAKS!!!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    That's why I'm not going to watch it and ask evryone here to do the same!!!!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    MY HATS OFF TO THE ACTORS AND ACTRESSES!!!

You definetly need to pull your head outta your ass and look at the big picture. If you love Saddam and all the shit he's doing why don't you pack you shit up and go there! I guess you also approve him having those 5 US troops executed......or is this a fake video released by your "secret society that rules the world" just to make us believe that Saddam is an evil man!

roch is offline Member
    I agree, don't watch it. instead support the boysa and girls overseas.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    "...and I'd like to thank the Academy- for being a bunch of ignorant hippie assholes..."

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    You definetly need to pull your head outta your ass and look at the big picture. If you love Saddam and all the shit he's doing why don't you pack you shit up and go there! I guess you also approve him having those 5 US troops executed......or is this a fake video released by your "secret society that rules the world" just to make us believe that Saddam is an evil man!
    Love Saddam? Have you read any of my other posts? Seems like you are the one being naive and stupid here buddy. Pack my shit up and go where? I am not from Iraq, and I'm not in YOUR country either. I live in Canada. Nor is the U.S. your country. If you are so much for this war, why don't you pack up and go support your fellow soldiers? Why not go kill yourself some Iraqi leaders?

All you want is to bomb them. Did you hear about the civilian casualties there? The same ones the U.S. said would NOT occur! Did you hear about the missles that WENT OFF COURSE and hit Iran? Also something the U.S. said would NOT happen. The U.S. as big and powerful as it is, could resort to other means of replacing Saddam and changing the regime for the better, which is what EVERYONE wants, but not by going in and bombing the hell out of the city!!! Causing people IN SHELTERS to die! Something ELSE that the U.S. said would not happen. U.S. is just flexing it muscles. They need their military to do something. They can't just all sit at home, or just do practice drills. All the money, the BILLIONS spent on military is what U.S. wants to use and experiment with. The REAL person who should "pack their bags" here is you, and go live in the Middle East for just one month, do some research, and then come back with the truth. I've already done that, NOW it's your turn. Once you've lived in their shoes, then you can tell me your story.

I was there for several months "buddy"! I have seen first hand the crap that goes on over there. It's called WAR, innocents do and will die. I'm waitng for the paper work to clear and once it does I will be over there with my brothers killing these jackasses! I know you're from Canada, just tell me one thing.....since everything that's being done to rid this world of Saddam is wrong, please feel free to tell me how we shoud go about doing it. No I don't want to just bomb them, I can't wait to see our troops marching victoriously down the streets of Baghdad!

I was there for several months "buddy"! I have seen first hand the crap that goes on over there. It's called WAR, innocents do and will die. I'm waitng for the paper work to clear and once it does I will be over there with my brothers killing these jackasses! I know you're from Canada, just tell me one thing.....since everything that's being done to rid this world of Saddam is wrong, please feel free to tell me how we shoud go about doing it. No I don't want to just bomb them, I can't wait to see our troops marching victoriously down the streets of Baghdad!
    You have served there for several months as a soldier, you did not live there as a poor Iraqi citizen. I respect all soldiers, whether they are on the good or bad side, they are risking their lives, and in the bad side, usually because they are forced to and have no choice (like most of the Iraqi soldiers).

Iraq has not attacked the U.S. If there was 100% proof, that the U.S. was attacked by Iraq, then I would support you more then you could imagine. If Iraq came into the U.S. and dropped 2-3 chemical warheads into major cities, then I'd say go and bomb the shit out of Iraq. Go fucken nuke them for all I care! But that did NOT happen now did it? And you have no proof of that. And you CAN NOT just say "Well we are trying to provent it form happening in the future." That is just bullshit! For fucks sake you could say that even "I, TERINOX" will buy a gun and shoot your children. You have no proof, but you could simply say "WELL HE MIGHT, HE MIGHT DO THIS IN THE FUTURE." That is just stupid analogy, you can't do shit like that. Assumptions don't mean shit. Yes Saddam has weapons, but not nearly as much or as bad as the U.S. claims they did. And at least he was doing something. He was getting rid of even the little that he had. The U.S. was leaving them totally defenseless. The U.S. could have sent more people to search for weapons. They could have given the UN more time. If the U.S. is the "better man" in this situation, which they claim to be, then why attack without being attacked? The U.S. is just pissed off from 9/11 and can't find Osama, and already bombed the hell out of Afganistan, and now they are confused and scared and so they just go after Iraq.

They just claim he could do damage, but there has been no proof of this for the last 12 years. And don't say he does bad things to his own people, because even though you as an individual may care about that, as do I, they U.S. government does not. They don't give a shit. They would NOT risk their OWN lives if there was not something TO GAIN from this. They will get BILLIONS worth from the oil and other hidden shit that is going on that we do not know about.

You want to walk down the streets of Baghdad in victory? Be part of 300,000 soldiers marching up and down holding their guns up in the air. You think that is what the Iraqi people want? All you are doing is replacing the evil Iraqi regime and the Iraqi soldiers with yourselves! How does that help? You think the U.S. (at the end of this) is gonna give complete control of all the oil to the Iraqi government and it's people? Mostly the people? Hell no, the U.S. is gonna keep a shitload of soldiers in the U.S. and make sure they have complete control of all the oil there!

Originally posted by Terinox

Love Saddam? Have you read any of my other posts? Seems like you are the one being naive and stupid here buddy. Pack my shit up and go where? I am not from Iraq, and I'm not in YOUR country either. I live in Canada. Nor is the U.S. your country. If you are so much for this war, why don't you pack up and go support your fellow soldiers? Why not go kill yourself some Iraqi leaders?

All you want is to bomb them. Did you hear about the civilian casualties there? The same ones the U.S. said would NOT occur! Did you hear about the missles that WENT OFF COURSE and hit Iran? Also something the U.S. said would NOT happen. The U.S. as big and powerful as it is, could resort to other means of replacing Saddam and changing the regime for the better, which is what EVERYONE wants, but not by going in and bombing the hell out of the city!!! Causing people IN SHELTERS to die! Something ELSE that the U.S. said would not happen. U.S. is just flexing it muscles. They need their military to do something. They can't just all sit at home, or just do practice drills. All the money, the BILLIONS spent on military is what U.S. wants to use and experiment with. The REAL person who should "pack their bags" here is you, and go live in the Middle East for just one month, do some research, and then come back with the truth. I've already done that, NOW it's your turn. Once you've lived in their shoes, then you can tell me your story.

You have to be totally kidding me with comments like that right!!

I sure hope so, first off If I was to find out my country or city better yet was going to be bombed I would not be there! If it takes a few thousand innocent civilians to die, to take the risk away from a potential thousand Americans dying then that is what it takes!! OH WELL!! I would love to go over there and help fight, but I doubt they will be drafting anytime soon.. Comments like yours should just be kept to your self, you look foolish and stupid with stuff like that! And statically most will agree!

Originally posted by mustang331

You have to be totally kidding me with comments like that right!!

I sure hope so, first off If I was to find out my country or city better yet was going to be bombed I would not be there! If it takes a few thousand innocent civilians to die, to take the risk away from a potential thousand Americans dying then that is what it takes!! OH WELL!! I would love to go over there and help fight, but I doubt they will be drafting anytime soon.. Comments like yours should just be kept to your self, you look foolish and stupid with stuff like that! And statically most will agree!
    The "potential thousand Americans" who are those? So you are killing hundreds of innocent Iraqi's because MAYBE thousands of Americans may die in the future? Does that make sense to you?

If it is ONLY about the safety of the AMERICANS then you have to go and take over EVERY country that is a threat. And according to a lot of you, that's pretty much every country in the Middle East. Then after that it will be North Korea. Only then will the Americans be freed from threat? So, the U.S. will expand their country to the Middle East?

The whole point is that there is no one to STOP the U.S. They ARE the most powerful country in the world, and they will do whatever they want. No one can stop them. EVEN WHEN the UN says it's a NO GO, and even when the majority of the world says it's a NO GO, the U.S. what do they do? They go! There is no one to stop the U.S. and therefore they will always do what they want, and no one can stop them. Is this not true?!

Everytime there has been war, and the U.S. has gone in to "help" and once they have left things have not gotten any better. Back in '91 when they did this exact same thing, has anything changed? The country is still in the shits! Now my history is not all that good, but I'm assuming the whole Vietnam war did not do much good and that shit is not any better then it was. Same with all the wars in Africa (I think it was diamond related), things are still bad there. Overall, war does no good, U.S. will not do it unless they got something to gain bigtime.

demetri is offline Member
    Everytime there has been war, and the U.S. has gone in to "help" and once they have left things have not gotten any better. Back in '91 when they did this exact same thing, has anything changed? The country is still in the shits! Now my history is not all that good, but I'm assuming the whole Vietnam war did not do much good and that shit is not any better then it was. Same with all the wars in Africa (I think it was diamond related), things are still bad there. Overall, war does no good, U.S. will not do it unless they got something to gain bigtime.
    They debated for two years before becoming involved in the second world war. They wanted proof of the nazi evils. Just like most of the world wants proof of Sadam's weapons of mass destruction.

I'm not sure if the American's belong there or not, time will tell. One thing that's obvious though is that the American's were all together not involved enough in world affairs prior to the second world war, and since then they've become too involved.

Do you think anyone would give a shit about the middle east if there was no oil there? I doubt we'd see a single American soldier there now.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Iraq is still in the shitter cause Bush Sr. was pussy an wouldn't let Gen. Schwartzkoff(sp?) finish the job. IMO Desert Storm was a giant fuck up, that's why were in the same boat invading Iraq, still led by the same dictator, 10 years later.

demetri is offline Member
    I don't think old George Bush Sr. is a pussy. The guy was a fighter pilot, POW, and the head of the CIA. The pussiest thing he did was get sick and puke on the Japanese President.

Granted he's no Jean Chretien. Chretien confronted the intruder that got past the RCMP security guard as well as knocking out that protesters tooth.

There's only so much that you can do. They freed Kuwait and I think that was enough at the time.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Iraq deserves what they are getting, they support and fund terroism. How soon we forget their cheering and laughing when the World Trade Centers collapsed killing thousands. They are lucky I am not flying one of those jets. There would be a bomb sent right into a mall. That will give them something to cheer and laugh about.

Just my .02!!

Everytime there has been war, and the U.S. has gone in to "help" and once they have left things have not gotten any better

That is a real dumb comment if it was not for the "U.S." You and me would be Germans right now.. you should worship the U.S. Just for that alone!!

That is a real dumb comment if it was not for the "U.S." You and me would be Germans right now.. you should worship the U.S. Just for that alone!!
    My comment was dumb? What da fuck is "you should worship the U.S. Just for that alone" ??? Grow up man. If you have read any of my other posts you would understand my view on all this shit. I'm not gonna keep repeating myself, like I have for the last two weeks on AR. I'm finished with all this shit. U.S. thinks they can do whatever they want, then go ahead, do whatever you want.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Terinox i can't even understand how you can be agiainst this. I agree you have your right to your opinion. You think there should be more talks and inspections. When is enough talking enough. Do you really think the inspectors could find everything? He controls the whole country like he can't hide shit that they will never find. You said you would support this if he bombed here. Great but wouldn't that be to late.
    We expect our local police to protect us and stop some crimes before it happens. They have CI's and use tips to prevent inocent people from getting hurt. And thats what we expect. Why do we expect less from our goverment. After 9/11 everyone said the gov screwed up and knew something was going to happened. And miss handles it. They could have possible prevented it. Looking back woh would have not approved us going to war to stop that before it happened. To late now. But not for the next incedent.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    This is the only way the US will actually find any weapons of mass-distruction. The UN can be excorted for years on end by the Iraqies but they will never find anything. EVER!!!

Take this for example. I can hide a ball in a room that you are more familar with then I am, and if you have me showing you where you can and cannot look you will never find that ball. This is exactly what the UN inspectors were going through. They will only be allowed to see what the Iraqi government wants them to see. That is the bottom line. This has to be done and that is that. Or else we will have another 9/11 on our hands in time. And like President Bush said. Lets fight them with our military on their grounds not fight them later with our own firefighters, police and Dr.'s in our own backyard.

Shredz and gixxerboy well said.

Terinox your the one that started with your hats off comment, This post was just a rant you wanted the argument.. And BTW Just from what I am reading I am getting the impression that you are against the USA which is fine, but the fact is if it was not for us chances are you would not be here!

Yung Wun is offline Member
    its too true
    what do these actors and actresses know
    like there statment means something
    just cause there in the media's eye
    u done this movie, wow!!!! u must really know something the rest of us dont
    all these actors and actresses are anti-war
    well damn!!those guys are so anti war why dont they go have a stroll
    down in iraq and try to disarm saddam with politeness
    no they want to wait for another 9/11 to take place
    i mean come on
    you going to be active about the situation or u going to stand and wait to go through another 9/11

Originally posted by gixxerboy
    Terinox i can't even understand how you can be agiainst this. I agree you have your right to your opinion. You think there should be more talks and inspections. When is enough talking enough. Do you really think the inspectors could find everything? He controls the whole country like he can't hide shit that they will never find. You said you would support this if he bombed here. Great but wouldn't that be to late.
    We expect our local police to protect us and stop some crimes before it happens. They have CI's and use tips to prevent inocent people from getting hurt. And thats what we expect. Why do we expect less from our goverment. After 9/11 everyone said the gov screwed up and knew something was going to happened. And miss handles it. They could have possible prevented it. Looking back woh would have not approved us going to war to stop that before it happened. To late now. But not for the next incedent.
    I said I was against the WAY the U.S. has approached all this. I mean the U.S. will not listen to the UN, they won't listen to the POPE and other religious leaders. They won't listen to the majority of the other countries saying this war is not valid, and YET they still do it.

I can't argue this any further, maybe if it were in person, but I DO NOT know all the facts, and I have NO support on my side, it's me versus about 50 AR bro's, feels like i'm being jumped and beaten

Shredz and gixxerboy well said.

Terinox your the one that started with your hats off comment, This post was just a rant you wanted the argument.. And BTW Just from what I am reading I am getting the impression that you are against the USA which is fine, but the fact is if it was not for us chances are you would not be here!
    I never said I was against the U.S., I am against the U.S. government and the things they sometimes do. Has nothing to do with it's citizens and their people, etc...

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Terinox,Bro. we are not just killing these civilians,We dropped thousands of leaflets and radio's to the civilians telling them exactly when the area was gonna be hit,if they stayed thats all on them man.If someone told me hey we are gonna level this place in an hour my ass is gone!The U.S. did go against the U.N. and alot of nations,this should tell you something,there is more to this than any of us know,for them to say fuck it lets go it's gotta be a pretty damn good reason.As for bringing up past wars,it's stupid to compare,The U.S. changes with every president and this has nothing to do with Iraq.Every war The U.S. "helped in"We was begged to do so,It's all in books and can be proven.Look at the thread called protecting a murderer,see what Suddam has done to his people....we are truly there to help them and we will...thats not such a bad thing man!

Originally posted by jammergsxr
    Terinox,Bro. we are not just killing these civilians,We dropped thousands of leaflets and radio's to the civilians telling them exactly when the area was gonna be hit,if they stayed thats all on them man.If someone told me hey we are gonna level this place in an hour my ass is gone!The U.S. did go against the U.N. and alot of nations,this should tell you something,there is more to this than any of us know,for them to say fuck it lets go it's gotta be a pretty damn good reason.As for bringing up past wars,it's stupid to compare,The U.S. changes with every president and this has nothing to do with Iraq.Every war The U.S. "helped in"We was begged to do so,It's all in books and can be proven.Look at the thread called protecting a murderer,see what Suddam has done to his people....we are truly there to help them and we will...thats not such a bad thing man!
    If you say so boss. All I guess we can do is wait and see. Seems like no matter what, U.S. will not pull out mid-way. And they sure don't want to look weak by pulling out. So, wait and see it is. Hope it all turns out for the better. Hope very few die (except what i'm hearing on the news, it looks bad on both sides, U.S. millitary being taken hostage, treated badly, Iraqi's dying, U.S. soldiers dying, makes me very sad).

roch is offline Member

ummm....

I never said I was against the U.S., I am against the U.S. government and the things they sometimes do. Has nothing to do with it's citizens and their people, etc...
    ...well then that would mean you are against the US. you can't pick a little side like you just did and act like you are fighting the better fight. take a stand and stick to it. If you don't agree with bush, the US govt, of the friggin peace corp, then you don't agree with America. call it what it is. That is what the US is all about. We stick together and we fight for each other. Thats why you feel like your getting ganged up on. you don't have any friends or family fighting in that war over there do you? probably not since this is a US war that the pope couln't talk us out of huh? the pope has a line into the CIA though and knows all the crap that the NSA isn't telling us about huh? the pope somehow knows more right? umm noooooo!! if you don't like the us then just say it man, cause you don't seem to like anything the US is based on. if I come off a little upset in this its because you sound like a damn tree hugger hippie that treated those ******* men and womon like vermin after fighting a losing war and it pisses me off. I've had family members fight and die for this country and I'll be damned if I let someone who hasn't even been in a war bitch and moan about MY country.

I still like you though.

Re: ummm....

Originally posted by roch

...well then that would mean you are against the US. you can't pick a little side like you just did and act like you are fighting the better fight. take a stand and stick to it. If you don't agree with bush, the US govt, of the friggin peace corp, then you don't agree with America. call it what it is. That is what the US is all about. We stick together and we fight for each other. Thats why you feel like your getting ganged up on. you don't have any friends or family fighting in that war over there do you? probably not since this is a US war that the pope couln't talk us out of huh? the pope has a line into the CIA though and knows all the crap that the NSA isn't telling us about huh? the pope somehow knows more right? umm noooooo!! if you don't like the us then just say it man, cause you don't seem to like anything the US is based on. if I come off a little upset in this its because you sound like a damn tree hugger hippie that treated those ******* men and womon like vermin after fighting a losing war and it pisses me off. I've had family members fight and die for this country and I'll be damned if I let someone who hasn't even been in a war bitch and moan about MY country.

I still like you though.

You can be as mad as you want bro, you got that right, after all, it is America, it is a democracy, and you got that right

Let me clear up, what I meant was I have nothing against the U.S. people, the citizens, the country as a pure country. I just don't like the government. I know the government doesn't speak for EVERYONE. And i'm pretty sure they have done some things even you have not agreed with.

The Pope thing was just an example of how the U.S. doesn't seem to answer to anyone, not even God. And they do what they want (to a certain degree). I may not have friends/family fighting in the war, but I got a SHITLOAD of relatives and family living WHERE the war is happening Which is why I hope there is MINIMAL casualties. I would hate to hear some U.S. missile goes off course and lands on my uncles house and kills him and his wife and his 3 children!!! Just like how a missle went off course (or some similar problem) and hit a British unit and killed two of their soldiers!!!

No, I'm not a hippie, don't care much for them either. However, I just want peace man, I want my Utopia (yes I know I will never get it).

And for the record, I still like you too!!! ((HUGS N KISSES))

roch is offline Member
    its okay to want those things man, hell a steroid utopia where all the juice is free can you imagine???

I would hate for your family to be hurt as well, but do you really think the US is the reason for all their pain? maybe saddam is to blame?? hell the oil comment that someone made about how we wouldn't be bombing them if they didn't have oil? if they didn't have oil they couldn't fund all the crap they are causing wars with. we're not after there oil for profit. support the troops who have a job that is tough on them and their families. its not like all the troops are over there saying "hooowaaaa gonna get some"

peace bro.

kiro is offline Junior Member

that's the most outrageous sign of an uneducated mind i've read im years. If there wasn't tavarish Staline you would have been fucked big time. What the USA did during WWII was nothing compared to the soviets job.
    Poeple all over Europe know this, don't worry.

Man oh man look at all that got started. I'm just leaving it at this. I support our troops and what they're fighting for. I support our government (right now though...not all the time) and I think what we're doing is the right thing. Saddam said "we don't have any scud's" And how many have they launched already. Hell they even fired a missle at Iran, tryingto make it look like the US. No killing Saddam isn't going to change everything but it's a start. And yes we will hand the country over to the people when we're done.....you don't see the US running Germany or even France do ya???? We defeated Germany, helped them rebuild and freed France too and I don't see the US in control of the wine and sausage industry coming out of those 2 places! LOL

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Back to the point:

The Hollywood group is at it again. Holding anti-war rallies, screaming about the Bush Administration, running ads in major newspapers, defaming the President and his Cabinet every chance they get, to anyone and everyone who will listen. They publicly defile them and call them names like "stupid" , "morons", and "idiots". Jessica Lange went so far as to tell a crowd in Spain that she hates President Bush and is embarrassed to be an American.

So, just how ignorant are these people who are running the country? Let's look at the biographies of these "stupid", "ignorant" , "moronic" leaders, and then at the celebrities who are castigating them:

President George W. Bush: Received a Bachelors Degree from Yale University and an MBA from Harvard Business School. He served as an F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard. He began his career in the oil and gas business in Midland in 1975 and worked in the energy industry until 1986. He was elected Governor on November 8, 1994, with 53.5 percent of the vote. In a historic re-election victory, he became the first Texas Governor to be elected to consecutive four-year terms on November 3, 1998 winning 68.6 percent of the vote. In 1998 Governor Bush won 49 percent of the Hispanic vote, 27 percent of the African-American vote, 27 percent of Democrats and 65 percent of women. He won more Texas counties, 240 of 254, than any modern Republican other than Richard Nixon in 1972 and is the first Republican gubernatorial candidate to win the heavily Hispanic and Democratic border counties of El Paso, Cameron and Hidalgo. (Someone began circulating a false story about his I.Q. being lower than any other President. If you believed it, you might want to go to URBANLEGENDS.COM and see the truth.)

Vice President Dick Cheney: Earned a B.A. in 1965 and a M.A. in 1966, both in political science. Two years later, he won an American Political Science Association congressional fellowship. One of Vice President Cheney's primary duties is to share with individuals, members of Congress and foreign leaders, President Bush's vision to strengthen our economy, secure our homeland and win the War on Terrorism. In his official role as President of the Senate, Vice President Cheney regularly goes to Capital Hill to meet with Senators and members of the House of Representatives to work on the Administration's legislative goals. In his travels as Vice President, he has seen first hand the great demands the war on terrorism is placing on the men and women of our military, and he is proud of the tremendous job they are doing for the United States of America.

Secretary of State Colin Powell: Educated in the New York City public schools, graduating from the City College of New York (CCNY), where he earned a Bachelor's Degree in geology. He also participated in ROTC at CCNY and received a commission as an Army second lieutenant upon graduation in June 1958. His further academic achievements include a Master of Business Administration Degree from George Washington University. Secretary Powell is the recipient of numerous U.S. and foreign military awards and decorations. Secretary Powell's civilian awards include two Presidential Medals of Freedom, the President's Citizens Medal, the Congressional Gold Medal, the Secretary of State Distinguished Service Medal, and the Secretary of Energy Distinguished Service Medal. Several schools and other institutions have been named in his honor and he holds honorary degrees from universities and colleges across the country. (Note: He retired as Four Star General in the United States Army)

Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld: Attended Princeton University on Scholarship (AB, 1954) and served in the U.S. Navy (1954-57) as a Naval aviator; Congressional Assistant to Rep. Robert Griffin (R-MI), 1957-59; U.S. Representative, Illinois, 1962-69; Assistant to the President, Director of the Office of Economic Opportunity, Director of the Cost of Living Council, 1969-74; U.S. Ambassador to NATO, 1973-74; head of Presidential Transition Team, 1974; Assistant to the President, Director of White House Office of Operations, White House Chief of Staff, 1974-77; Secretary of Defense, 1975-77.

Secretary of Homeland Security Tom Ridge: Raised in a working class family in veterans' public housing in Erie. He earned a scholarship to Harvard, graduating with honors in 1967. After his first year at The Dickinson School of Law, he was drafted into the U.S. Army, where he served as an infantry staff sergeant in Vietnam, earning the Bronze Star for Valor. After returning to Pennsylvania, he earned his Law Degree and was in private practice before becoming Assistant District Attorney in Erie County. He was elected to Congress in 1982. He was the first enlisted Vietnam combat veteran elected to the U.S. House, and was overwhelmingly re-elected six times.

National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice: Earned her Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa, from the University of Denver in 1974; her Master's from the University of Notre Dame in 1975; and her Ph.D. from the Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver in 1981. (Note: Rice enrolled at the University of Denver at the age of 15, graduating at 19 with a Bachelor's Degree in Political Science (Cum Laude). She earned a Master's Degree at the University of Notre Dame and a Doctorate from the University of Denver's Graduate School of International Studies. Both of her advanced degrees are also in Political Science.) She is a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and has been awarded Honorary Doctorates from Morehouse College in 1991, the University of Alabama in 1994, and the University of Notre Dame in 1995. At Stanford, she has been a member of the Center for International Security and Arms Control, a Senior Fellow of the Institute for International Studies, and a Fellow (by courtesy) of the Hoover Institution. Her books include Germany Unified and Europe Transformed (1995) with Philip Zelikow, The Gorbachev Era (1986) with Alexander Dallin, and Uncertain Allegiance: The Soviet Union and the Czechoslovak Army (1984). She also has written numerous articles on Soviet and East European foreign and defense policy, and has addressed audiences in settings ranging from the U.S. Ambassador's Residence in Moscow to the Commonwealth Club to the 1992 and 2000 Republican National Conventions. From 1989 through March 1991, the period of German reunification and the final days of the Soviet Union, she served in the Bush Administration as Director, and then Senior Director, of Soviet and East European Affairs in the National Security Council, and a Special Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs. In 1986, while an international affairs fellow of the Council on Foreign Relations, she served as Special Assistant to the Director of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. In 1997, she served on the Federal Advisory Committee on Gender -- Integrated Training in the Military. She was a member of the boards of directors for the Chevron Corporation, the Charles Schwab Corporation, the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, the University of Notre Dame, the International Advisory Council of J.P. Morgan and the San Francisco Symphony Board of Governors. She was a Founding Board member of the Center for a New Generation, an educational support fund for schools in East Palo Alto and East Menlo Park, California and was Vice President of the Boys and Girls Club of the Peninsula. In addition, her past board service has encompassed such organizations as Transamerica Corporation, Hewlett Packard, the Carnegie Corporation, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, The Rand Corporation, the National Council for Soviet and East European Studies, the Mid-Peninsula Urban Coalition and KQED, public broadcasting for San Francisco. Born November 14, 1954 in Birmingham, Alabama, she resides in Washington, D.C.

So who are these celebrities? What is their education? What is their experience in affairs of State or in National Security? While I will defend to the death their right to express their opinions, I think that if they are going to call into question the intelligence of our leaders, we should also have all the facts on their educations and background:

Barbra Streisand : Completed high school Career: Singing and acting

Cher: Dropped out of school in 9th grade. Career: Singing and acting
    Martin Sheen: Flunked exam to enter University of Dayton. Career: Acting

Jessica Lange: Dropped out college mid-freshman year. Career: Acting

Alec Baldwin: Dropped out of George Washington U. after scandal. Career: Acting

Julia Roberts: Completed high school. Career: Acting

Sean Penn: Completed High school. Career: Acting

Susan Sarandon: Degree in Drama from Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. Career: Acting

Ed Asner; Completed High school. Career: Acting

George Clooney: Dropped out of University of Kentucky. Career: Acting

Michael Moore: Dropped out first year University of Michigan. Career: Movie Director

Sarah Jessica Parker: Completed High School. Career: Acting

Jennifer Anniston: Completed High School. Career: Acting

Mike Farrell: Completed High school. Career: Acting

Janeane Garofelo: Dropped out of College. Career: Stand up comedienne

Larry Hagman: Attended Bard College for one year. Career: Acting

While comparing the education and experience of these two groups, we should also remember that President Bush and his cabinet are briefed daily, even hourly, on the War on Terror and threats to our security. They are privy to information gathered around the world concerning the Middle East, the threats to America, the intentions of terrorists and terrorist-supporting governments. They are in constant communication with the CIA, the FBI, Interpol, NATO, The United Nations, our own military, and that of our allies around the world. We cannot simply believe that we have full knowledge of the threats because we watch CNN!! We cannot believe that we are in any way as informed as our leaders.

These celebrities have no intelligence-gathering agents, no fact-finding groups, no insight into the minds of those who would destroy our country. They only have a deep seated hatred for all things Republican. By nature, and no one knows quite why, the Hollywood elitists detest Conservative views and anything that supports or uplifts the United States of America. The silence was deafening from the Left when Bill Clinton bombed a pharmaceutical factory outside of Khartoum, or when he attacked the Bosnian Serbs in 1995 and 1999. He bombed Serbia itself to get Slobodan Milosevic out of Kosovo, and not a single peace rally was held. When our Rangers were ambushed in Somalia and 18 young American lives were lost, not a peep was heard from Hollywood. Yet now, after our nation has been attacked on its own soil, after 3,000 Americans were killed, by freedom-hating terrorists, while going about their routine lives, they want to hold rallies against the war. Why the change? Because an honest, God-fearing Republican sits in the White House.

Another irony is that in 1987, when Ronald Reagan was in office, the Hollywood group aligned themselves with disarmament groups like SANE, FREEZE and PEACE ACTION, urging our own government to disarm and freeze the manufacturing of any further nuclear weapons, in order to promote world peace. It is curious that now, even after we have heard all the evidence that Saddam Hussein has chemical, biological and is very close to obtaining nuclear weapons, their is no cry from this group for HIM to disarm. They believe we should leave him alone in his quest for these weapons of mass destruction, even though it is certain that these deadly weapons will eventually be used against us in our own cities.

So why the hype out of Hollywood? Could these celebrities believe that since they draw such astronomical salaries, they are entitled to also determine the course of our Nation? That they can make viable decisions concerning war and peace? Did Michael Moore have the backing of the Nation when he recently thanked France, on our behalf, for being a "good enough friend to tell us we were wrong"? I know for certain he was not speaking for me. Does Sean Penn fancy himself a Diplomat, in going to Iraq when we are just weeks away from war? Does he believe that his High School Diploma gives him the knowledge (and the right) to go to a country that is controlled by a maniacal dictator, and speak on behalf of the American people? Or is it the fact that he pulls in more money per year than the average American worker will see in a lifetime? Does his bank account give him clout?

The ultimate irony is that many of these celebrities have made a shambles of their own lives, with drug abuse, alcoholism, numerous marriages and divorces, scrapes with the law, publicized temper tantrums, etc. How dare they pretend to know what is best for an entire nation! What is even more bizarre is how many people in this country will listen and accept their views, simply because they liked them in a certain movie, or have fond memories of an old television sitcom!

It is time for us, as citizens of the United States, to educate ourselves about the world around us. If future generations are going to enjoy the freedoms that our forefathers bequeathed us, if they are ever to know peace in their own country and their world, to live without fear of terrorism striking in their own cities, we must assure that this nation remains strong. We must make certain that those who would destroy us are made aware of the severe consequences that will befall them.

Yes, it is a wonderful dream to sit down with dictators and terrorists and join hands, singing Cumbaya and talking of world peace. But it is not real. We did not stop Adolf Hitler from taking over the entire continent of Europe by simply talking to him. We sent our best and brightest, with the strength and determination that this Country is known for, and defeated the Nazi regime. President John F. Kennedy did not stop the Soviet ships from unloading their nuclear missiles in Cuba in 1962 with mere words. He stopped them with action, and threat of immediate war if the ships did not turn around. We did not end the Cold War with conferences. It ended with the strong belief of President Ronald Reagan... PEACE through STRENGTH.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    wow, i don't think that we're ever gonna all agree on this...but this is what i learned this weekend....

there's a guy in my town who's new to America...5 years new to be exact...he's from Baghdad, he has family there....and what he said...just about brought me to tears...brought it home for me....

he was talking about his family, his childhood, his friends, his education, and his life now....the one comment that got me...even if my family dies in the war....many will be saved, many won't have to live the life i lived and many many people will be thankful....do i support America, even tho I could lose family, YES, and my family does too

kinda hard to understand for me as I've had a pretty good life...the things i learned this weekend, will not only make my view on this war stronger...they give it some reality....I supported our troops before and now...well now it's personal....this won't solve everything..but it's a start!

Re: Re: ummm....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Terinox
    [B]

You can be as mad as you want bro, you got that right, after all, it is America, it is a democracy, and you got that right

Wrong bro
    We are a republic, not a democracy.

Actually we are a democracy.....

Actually we are a democracy.....
    You are wrong bro
    Do some research. The United States is a republic

The Pledge of allegiance:

"I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
    and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God,
    indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

And to the republic... not the democracy...

The Early Republic
    1789-1823

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1789: George Washington is inaugurated first President.
    1791: The Bill of Rights is ratified.
    First Bank of the United States is established.
    1794: Eli Whitney invents the Cotton Gin.
    1794: The Whiskey Rebellion.
    1795: Jay Treaty is ratified.
    1796: Washington's Farewell Address.
    1798: Alien and Sedition Acts
    1803: Louisiana Purchase.
    Supreme Court declares parts of the Judiciary Act of 1789 unconstitutional.
    1804: New Jersey ends slavery.
    1804-1806: Lewis and Clark Expedition.
    1807: Robert Fulton builds his first steamboat.
    1808: African Slave Trade ends.
    1809: Non-intercourse Act.
    1812-1814: The War of 1812.
    1820: Missouri Compromise.
    1823: Monroe Doctrine declared.

Resources
    Primary Sources

Secondary Sources

Copyright 1996-1999 by David W. Koeller. [email protected]. All rights reserved.

http://campus.northpark.edu/history/...yRepublic.html
    Last edited by Jdawg50; 03-24-2003 at 03:48 PM.

I ain't sitting down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you can't make me!!!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I have read some good information here, but the BS with all the flames and direct attacks can stop.

You both seem like you have valid points and can express them quite well.

Please try to do this without all the name calling. It serves nothing to try and damage each other in a game of "no you suck".

Well with that said, thanks for the info that is useful. its how we humans learn, we debate and argue until we uncover points of view that changes ours.

ok so i over simplify, hehe and just think i didnt say FINA once in this reply.. oh damn ruined that hehe

Originally posted by Buddha_Red
    ok so i over simplify, hehe and just think i didnt say FINA once in this reply.. oh damn ruined that hehe

nuke is offline Member
    Amen - J-dawg.. God Bless America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information