Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    brad1986 is offline Senior Member

ancient sumerian text

I have been doing alot of research and reading about the sumerians and there expalanation of creation and why were are here as well as how they knew so much about our solar system and stars which they should not have known back then if we believe what history has taught us. Zecheriah sitchen and other scientist have blwon my mind with there discoveries. I was hoping anybody was familar with what im talking about or had any input on the subject

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    links?

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_sitchin.htm

ONce you go there there is a list of things to click on and read. and it will expalin our newest knowlege of creation and Where we came from... Makes much more sence then the way the bible expalins it

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i like to watch all the biblical and creation stories on the history or discovery channels. i am a more science minded person but i love to read and learn about what people thought/believed in the past. it all depends on the person reading it and how he/she interprets it. i took a philosophy and theology classes in college and we would break down different parts of the bible and other texts and see how we interpret words/phrases now. if look at all religions, the stories are really similar, just have different characters and such. i will check out the link you posted, thanks

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    again, we as a society are fairly arrogant. We believe, that if we don't understand how the ancients did something, then there is something "mysterious" about it. People were pretty smart back then. Just because they didn't have computers and telescopes to plot the stars doesn't mean they still couldn't do it. People were probably a lot smarter back then than we give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    again, we as a society are fairly arrogant. We believe, that if we don't understand how the ancients did something, then there is something "mysterious" about it. People were pretty smart back then. Just because they didn't have computers and telescopes to plot the stars doesn't mean they still couldn't do it. People were probably a lot smarter back then than we give them credit for.
    True but when you look at what they knew and how they claimed to know it it is very interesting. These are the first ever people to have a written or spoken documented language which means they pre date the bible 4000 years. So this info that we have recently found is from 6000 years ago. ALot of paralells with the bible but these expalanations actaully make more scense and it is straight fromthe horses mouth not a translation over the course of centuries

IF that link doesnt answer questions you have then you tube "sumerian text" and wathc and learn.

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    with that being said..Think about all the myths,legends and miracles that are so easily explained today thru what is basic knowledge to us eg..people coming back from the dead..comas..the ground opening up and swallowing armies of men..earthquakes...the gods getting mad..tornados, hurricanes,draughts..evil spells,curses..measles,leprosy i could go on forever...even religions were born of families carrying on thru generations morals and ways of life as it got passed on thru time it becomes legend or religion or laws...you know just as my grandfather did..so did my father so shall my son and his sons...if those families had power or respect in there community it became the way of life for everyone..

some people believe Jesus was a street magician

can you imagine if David Blane were to go back 2000 years? doing his tricks? levitation? walking through walls? people would have regarded him as a diety.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member

can you imagine if David Blane were to go back 2000 years? doing his tricks? levitation? walking through walls? people would have regarded him as a diety.
    More likely a demon or witch, then he would've been killed in the fashionable manner of the day.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    More likely a demon or witch, then he would've been killed in the fashionable manner of the day.
    One of the ways was to tie off the mans penis so he couldn't urinate then plow him with wine till he can no longer take it then shove a spear through his guts letting it all pour out on the ground. Nice people back then. But then today you are beheaded in certain countries. So the more things change the more they remain the same.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    . So the more things change the more they remain the same.
    Tell me about it. I was just reading how a bunch of students in Iran were arrested for organizing and having a water gun fight in a park. They are planning another organized water gun fight (in protest obviously) and the government is planning another crackdown on the water gun fight.

Rue the day when you can be arrested in your country for playing with water guns.

how naive you are! you don't know what the government knows! that wasn't ordinary water. that was HARD water. 200mg calcium per litre of water. ever see the scale on the shower glass door? like rocks. now the muzzle velocity of hard water leaving the barrel of a squirt gun is probably something like 20 feet a second. so now you have little calcium rocks traveling at 20 feet / second. now imagine the damage that can occur when those rocks hit you upside the head traveling at such a high rate of speed. Obviously the government had to crack down due to public safety. And besides, if they were wearing thier helmets, and were safe, this would be a non issue.

domeyeahaigh is offline Senior Member
    The history of human civilization is fascinating for so many reasons. What gets me is the used of psychedelics, which as been used in pretty much every society...in modern society however Methamphetamine (desoxyn), Amphetamine (adderall), and Cocaine are Sched II drugs, meaning that they have accepted medical use and ARE used...that marijuana, lysergic acid, and mushrooms are Sched I with absolutely NO accepted medical use..when they clearly have been used for thousands of years...

Further, understanding that men will lie, steal, rape, kill, torture, etc etc... that this is prominent in all societies too, how accurate do you really feel the bible is? How many times has it been translated to reach us today in the 21st century?

Why is Jesus always portrayed as a white dude with blonde hair, when he clearly would have looked more like Osama Bin Laden ...

We as humanity need to seriously reconsider what has been fed to us for so long. With the INFORMATION AGE we can now sort through the BS pretty quickly... I am not buyin this blonde hair Jesus brand...

why are the Dead Sea Scrolls left out? If they are the oldest wouldn't they be of significant importance? Why is the catholic church so vehement about little boys buttholes? WHAT IS GOING ON? More importantly, what HAS been going on for thousands of years?

I have NO CLUE what went down thousands of years ago...the mapping of the stars is incredible because there is no explanation I have seen that these people could have had the technology to figure it out, no historian has or scientist has ever explained it either...we simply do not know...

What we do know however is that it requires technology, or someone with technology...they did not just guess and happen to be correct...? you'd be naive to think that...big questions... I do believe the answer is out there though...

X FILES STYLE

LGM
    LGM is offline Senior Member
    Show me a popular example of a "blonde" Jesus. Never seen one. And the dead sea scrolls were discovered in the 1980's, and have bible passages in them, and reference historical biblical figures.

But having said all that, I think it's fairly naive to think that among the billions of galaxies out there, we are the ONLY form of intelligent life.

i am not sure what you mean by popular..? a simple google search of 'Jesus' under images yields a couple of goldie locks' pops lookin renditions...at the art museum i have def seen renditions ... my main point however is that Jesus was from Nazareth which is Israel which is not mashed potatoe land but the land of gravy baby

a renaissance painting this is a hardcore example which is actually showing Christ after the resurrection, he is depicted so white and serene because that is exactly what he is...but this would have been painted by a German and Jesus is commonly depicted as white in the Western lands

Quote Originally Posted by domeyeahaigh View Post
    The history of human civilization is fascinating for so many reasons. What gets me is the used of psychedelics, which as been used in pretty much every society...in modern society however Methamphetamine (desoxyn), Amphetamine (adderall), and Cocaine are Sched II drugs, meaning that they have accepted medical use and ARE used...that marijuana, lysergic acid, and mushrooms are Sched I with absolutely NO accepted medical use..when they clearly have been used for thousands of years...

Further, understanding that men will lie, steal, rape, kill, torture, etc etc... that this is prominent in all societies too, how accurate do you really feel the bible is? How many times has it been translated to reach us today in the 21st century?

Why is Jesus always portrayed as a white dude with blonde hair, when he clearly would have looked more like Osama Bin Laden ...

We as humanity need to seriously reconsider what has been fed to us for so long. With the INFORMATION AGE we can now sort through the BS pretty quickly... I am not buyin this blonde hair Jesus brand...

why are the Dead Sea Scrolls left out? If they are the oldest wouldn't they be of significant importance? Why is the catholic church so vehement about little boys buttholes? WHAT IS GOING ON? More importantly, what HAS been going on for thousands of years?

I have NO CLUE what went down thousands of years ago...the mapping of the stars is incredible because there is no explanation I have seen that these people could have had the technology to figure it out, no historian has or scientist has ever explained it either...we simply do not know...

What we do know however is that it requires technology, or someone with technology...they did not just guess and happen to be correct...? you'd be naive to think that...big questions... I do believe the answer is out there though...

X FILES STYLE

100% agree. THat is exactly mytake on things

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    How did jesus end up?

I could go back with todays basic knowledge and be regarded as a diety. People were fairly easily led back then. The older I get the more I see the bible as the greatest fairy tale ever told.

Quote Originally Posted by brad1986 View Post
    http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/esp_sitchin.htm

ONce you go there there is a list of things to click on and read. and it will expalin our newest knowlege of creation and Where we came from... Makes much more sence then the way the bible expalins it
    Mate. I'm going to tell you something. I just opened the link and happened to look at the next link titled "Planet X". I've seen all this before, and all these tired old arguments that revolve around doomsday and conspiricies to cover it up.

Let me ask you a simple question, and I know you don't know the answer, so just take a guess.

....How many amature astronomers do you think there are, right now and living, here on this earth?

Thousands? Tens of Thousands?

So if there really were a Planet X, then why is it not in our main stream body of knowledge, complete with pictures, commentary from a variety of scientists, articles in Popular Science or Discover Magazine? Why has not the Hubble Telescope not found it?

Critical thinking is a skill. It requires being able to look at things around you with a certain amount of skepticism. And it requires you to have the ability of asking objective questions, like the few I just asked of you.

This link you provided me? Since the very first link I found, the theories and data in it were not based on the scientific principal, then this means it is not based on science either. This is called pseudoscience, or junk science.

The "information" I quickly read is based on fear, and ignorance. There will always be a certain % of the population that responds to this type thing. Which is why this type thing seems to be able to survive.

So I invite you to take another look at this Planet X link, and ask some intelligent questions. If you do not know the answers, then look them up. The internet is a vast resource at your disposal.

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    I could go back with todays basic knowledge and be regarded as a diety. People were fairly easily led back then. The older I get the more I see the bible as the greatest fairy tale ever told.
    I look at the bible not as a believer would, but more like a real interesting work, part history, part philosophy, part ideology, and yes, part myth. And it does teach us things, like "love thy neighbor", (lord knows I try, but she just isn't very cooperative!), and the commandments. it teaches us how to live. Can you imagine the impact to society if one of the commandments were... "Smite thy neighbor if he offends thee"...? Shit! We'd constantly be at war, strapping dynamite to our chests, blowing people up....

so the bible does have a positive influence. the institution is another conversation.....

Alot of the bible texts were added by governments of the day to control the population.

Alot of the bible texts were added by governments of the day to control the population.
    Impossible! Everyone knows the bible is straight from the mouth of god, to microsoft voice recognition & word processing program and then direct to the printer!

Mate. I'm going to tell you something. I just opened the link and happened to look at the next link titled "Planet X". I've seen all this before, and all these tired old arguments that revolve around doomsday and conspiricies to cover it up.

Let me ask you a simple question, and I know you don't know the answer, so just take a guess.

....How many amature astronomers do you think there are, right now and living, here on this earth?

Thousands? Tens of Thousands?

So if there really were a Planet X, then why is it not in our main stream body of knowledge, complete with pictures, commentary from a variety of scientists, articles in Popular Science or Discover Magazine? Why has not the Hubble Telescope not found it?Critical thinking is a skill. It requires being able to look at things around you with a certain amount of skepticism. And it requires you to have the ability of asking objective questions, like the few I just asked of you.

This link you provided me? Since the very first link I found, the theories and data in it were not based on the scientific principal, then this means it is not based on science either. This is called pseudoscience, or junk science.

The "information" I quickly read is based on fear, and ignorance. There will always be a certain % of the population that responds to this type thing. Which is why this type thing seems to be able to survive.

So I invite you to take another look at this Planet X link, and ask some intelligent questions. If you do not know the answers, then look them up. The internet is a vast resource at your disposal.
    Well nasa is not denying planet x. They have in fact found it the question is is it the same planet that the sumarians are talking about? That could be debated. But the planet x thing was such a small part of the whole information. Its really talking about how life came from another planet originally and talks of genetic enginereeing (things they wouldnt even have the imagination for back then) But your righttimes... it could all be psudoscience and faluty interpretations but the more i read into it the more i see some truth in it. Def makes more scense then the whole "god" idea

lmao... oh so true and how these religious freaks dont see that is beyond me

Well nasa is not denying planet x. They have in fact found it the question is is it the same planet that the sumarians are talking about? That could be debated. But the planet x thing was such a small part of the whole information. Its really talking about how life came from another planet originally and talks of genetic enginereeing (things they wouldnt even have the imagination for back then) But your righttimes... it could all be psudoscience and faluty interpretations but the more i read into it the more i see some truth in it. Def makes more scense then the whole "god" idea
    can you provide a link from a credible source? something I'd recognize? and agree it is reputible and not a "tabloid" type source? Not trying to bash, and wanting to keep an open mind. But this whole planet X has been around for a long time, like some kind of protoplanet that is the third the size the moon but has an orbit similar to a comet, taking it outside the oort cloud, and then back in, with a revolution in the thousands, if not tens of thousands of years.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    While the canonical process was indeed an ongoing process, there is just so much blatantly wrong and ignorant about that statement I don't know where to begin.

Wrong from your point of view maybe.

D7M
    Blog Entries
    Wrong from your point of view maybe.
    Nope. Wrong from the viewpoint of scholarly historical research.

"Governments" didn't canonize any texts, nor were some texts included to "control population"...whatever that means.

But anyway, carry on, back to the planet X stuff....

I didn't have any input on "planet x".

I dont want to get into a religious argument with you, I'm not trying to change your viewpoint. I have mine. I was raised a catholic and studied many religions. I live more towards buddhism these days. I find I can relate better through buddhism. Peace to you D7M

can you provide a link from a credible source? something I'd recognize? and agree it is reputible and not a "tabloid" type source? Not trying to bash, and wanting to keep an open mind. But this whole planet X has been around for a long time, like some kind of protoplanet that is the third the size the moon but has an orbit similar to a comet, taking it outside the oort cloud, and then back in, with a revolution in the thousands, if not tens of thousands of years.
    I will get back to you on that. Hey part of me is a doubter too so i understand your logic totally but there is things that people have claime and science did not know and then science found out they were actually right. Ill find a crediable link and post it

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1456...ew-planet.html
    heres one brief link ill work on getting better ones that discribe the planet in more detail. But look into the sumarians belief on how we came to be....that is really the trip and that is what I was hoping to gt some insight on

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1456...ew-planet.html
    heres one brief link ill work on getting better ones that discribe the planet in more detail. But look into the sumarians belief on how we came to be....that is really the trip and that is what I was hoping to gt some insight on
    fail!

this discovery of a 1,000 diameter planetoid in the Kupyer belt with a stable orbit is in no way related to the article about Planet X with an erratic orbit that approximates an intersecting orbit with the earth.

there are literally thousands of large objects like your last link in the kupyer belt. so this is just one of many. nothing special.

planet X is supposed to have an erratic orbit similar to a comet, come close to earth, with cataclysmic results. the article in your planet X link continues with saying as many as 2/3 of the earth's population will be killed or worse.

so, if you could be so kind, could you post a credible link about this planet X from a source that is somewhat mainstream?

D7M
    Blog Entries
    I didn't have any input on "planet x".

I dont want to get into a religious argument with you, I'm not trying to change your viewpoint. I have mine. I was raised a catholic and studied many religions. I live more towards buddhism these days. I find I can relate better through buddhism. Peace to you D7M
    It's all good brother.

For the record, I could care less about making a religious point on a steroid forum...mine was an historical point

Gi812Many is offline Member
    Guys, I am an Alien......In 2012 you will be my slaves and I will have sex with all your women while you mine my gold and collect my food.

Quote Originally Posted by Gi812Many View Post
    Guys, I am an Alien......In 2012 you will be my slaves and I will have sex with all your women while you mine my gold and collect my food.
    Alien?

legal or illegal?

Gi812Many is offline Member
    Well Roman, depends on how you look at it....lol I was just cracking a joke, my cousin is hardcore into this stuff. Supposedly Sumerians claim we were used as slaves by the gods from planet nubia or something to mind their gold that was depleted in their atmosphere...heard a 1000 times. By the way, major Roman history buff here.

^ gold in the air? hmmm.... you'd think as heavy as it is (heavier than lead) it would simply fall to the ground like golden rain

oh well, such is the way of myth and legend

"Maximus" is offline Anabolic Member
    Times, you keep it rocking buddy lol! How are you man? In regards the topic being discussed at hand, "I want to believe"...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information