Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Arrow Why havent we won already????

because its harder to win a war when you dont want to kill a lot of people - not just civilians but kill as few enemy soldiers as possible while not getting yourself shot and killed - muuuuuuuch easier to call in massive air strikes

BTW: to all the "peace at all costs" people - Saddam is counting on you to win this war for him - thats why the soldiers will only fight in the city where they know we will hit civilians - then they will drag their dead bodies of their own people in front of the cameras to show what a "butcher" the US is - having already dropped who knows how many bombs and killed few people comparative to the ordinance - but he is counting on your continued demonstrations - as long as he thinks that pressure might cause Bush to cave in with a settlement of some sort he will not hesitate to murder every last one of his own people - and niether will his commanders who are destined for war crimes trials

it will be too late when they find out that France cant help them, Germany cant help them, Russia and China cant help them - even the radical, violent protesting peacenics in London and in the US cant help them - but how many lives will have been sacrificed upon the altar of idealistic ignorance before the realization sets in that he has met the irrisistable force of the US army and the immovable object of Pres. Bush's will?

The only thing good that may come of it is that it may delay the use of chem weapons till the bitter last, when they (the top commanders) realize that the game is over and only thing that awaits is death or the judgement by their own people.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    AMEN BROTHER....I NEVER KNEW PEEWEE WAS SUCH AN EDUCATED AND INTELLIGENT MAN....

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    We fight by the "rules" and all the political bullshit. I was given a Rules of Engagement card once that said something about not shooting at them until they actually shoot at you! AKA, you have to wait until a shot is fired at you. Errrr... US and rules...

But yeah, totally I agree... Sadaam can just live in the city and wait since we can't just start carpet bombing Baghdad hoping to nail him. This is a job for the ground troops after the Air Force shakes him up a bit and destroys key targets.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    Good post Cyc. I just worried about what you said though about the chemical weapons in the end. I think they are going to wait until we are in bagdad and use them there. Sadam isnt stupid he knows he wont win. But he will look like a heroe to the nutz in the world if he kills himself and 10000 us troops in the end with bio weapons. Go out with a big bang. And all the troops we lost being carefull not to hurt civilans will be a waste since most will die in the end anyway.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

saddam is not a martyr, he is a manipulator and a murderer - he is only doing what he believes is in his self interest - or at least his origional orders were to that regard - who knows how capable he is now of giving orders - he is doing what he is doing because he expects to win in some way, not because he expects to die.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I agree what you are saying but there has to be a time when he realizes the end is near and he cant win. I think in his eyes it is better to die fighting then surrender. And if he can take our troops with him even better
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

roch is offline Member
    it won't be easy taking saddam out in the city. he's been planning and setting up who knows what for years now. that would be like someone try to attack us in new york city, we're in for a fight to take him out. he knows that town and where all the secret bunkers are, we just have to find them and destroy him. the US needs to become oil hijackers so the prices start coming down at the pump now.

*start of rant)
    I HATE PROTESTORS!! placard holders are wimps to the fullest. they're like the chicken shits in school that begged the person who was tired of their shit, not to lick their ass and when the teacher showed up in the background, then they started acting tough. Pansies, like the frat boys that jumped monstercojones. asschompers. weenies. scroathounds. sphinctersharks. losers to the end!!

*end of rant*

durbin22 is offline Member
    One thing that really pisses me off is the protesters from other countries. They talk shit about Bush and say that the war is wrong and unjust. I think there opinion would change if Sept 11th happened in there country. Screw them. As for the ones in the U.S. they should watch a video of the planes crashing into the World Trade Center buildings and realize that this can happen again if we don't stop Saddam.
    Last edited by durbin22; 03-24-2003 at 08:46 AM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Actually the protestors in other countries can think whatever they want....it's the American protestors that piss me off. I pray no chemical or biological weapons are used, I hope there are few casualties on both sides. I just want this shit over with so we can bring "our" men and women home in one piece.

mammoth is offline Member
    I want this shit to be over with so our F!@#ING economy can return back to normal! I am getting tired of being laid off!

Originally posted by mammoth
    I want this shit to be over with so our F!@#ING economy can return back to normal! I am getting tired of being laid off!
    I'll pay ya $10 to mow my grass! I'm sorry bro, I know it's not a laughing matter to be without a job, especially in these difficult times. Good luck.

justme is offline Associate Member
    I don't like war or fighting, but I know that somethings are needed in order to maintain the safety. What really pisses me off is the people saying that this is just Bush looking for a fight, this shouldn't happen, we shouldn't be having a war blah blah.... Yet these very same people would be madder than hell if the war didn't happen and weapons of mass destruction were used on their own country. And you know the person they would be mad at ? Bush. It's like the guy can't win with them.

I wish the troops the best and god's speed.

Diesel is offline Anabolic Member
    Am I the only one that whenever I see a bunch of protestors during the week I think....

Don't these people have jobs??
    Or at least should be looking for one??

D

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    I'll pay ya $10 to mow my grass! I'm sorry bro, I know it's not a laughing matter to be without a job, especially in these difficult times. Good luck.
    Throw in an extra fiver and I'll weed-eat too!

Can't pass up an oppurtunity like that! How's Saturday.....say....11am?

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Can't pass up an oppurtunity like that! How's Saturday.....say....11am?
    That won't work..you'll be in Houston!

The wife'll still be there...........unless she decides to come too.............damn it. Alright you'll have to cut it on Sunday!

MysticGohan is offline Junior Member
    How did CYCLEON get so many posts? FKITLETSGO i'm glad to see you change your avatar. Your user name still creeps me out all i can think of is that pic.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    heres a thought for you guys...I want to know if you think that we would still be in Iraq if Sadam had support. Lets say N. Korea said that they would defend sadam if he was attacked. YOu all think we'd still be there?

Frankly, I think it would make rummy and crew that much more likely to get saddam if DPRK got involved - I will tell you that they are likely to be the next target of oportunity and they are far more dangerous to the US adn a good ally (Japan)

well that's definately a possibility. imho, i think that if the US was going to do something about N Korea they would have done it already since they are clearly more of a threat than Iraq. but i believe the US would be very hard pressed to beat the N Koreans and Iraqis if they fought together. Who knows its all just speculation, but it would definately be a very costly war ($$$ and human lives). we'll see how it plays out.

To me, N. Korea is all talk, all they want is more money, but Bush, unlike CLinton, isn't going to handout anymore freebies. We will deal with them in do time I believe, until then it's up to the U.N. to deal with (man I can't even keep a straight face saying that).

The wife'll still be there...........unless she decides to come too.............damn it. Alright you'll have to cut it on Sunday!
    Well if the wife is gonna be there.......J/K!!

To me, N. Korea is all talk, all they want is more money, but Bush, unlike CLinton, isn't going to handout anymore freebies. We will deal with them in do time I believe, until then it's up to the U.N. to deal with (man I can't even keep a straight face saying that).
    While I agree that Bush shouldn't provide anymore handouts, unfortunately there has already been a substantial allocation of funds for rebuilding Iraq after the war in order to promote democracy. We are talking big numbers too!! At least they will be in debt to us!

No worries brother...............you can have her, just lave the kids and the dogs.

Yeah we will be paying to rebuild, but that's what their oil's for, to help finance their rebuilding.

At least they will be in debt to us!
    like they'll ever pay.

Originally posted by symatech

like they'll ever pay.

As long as the gas prices drop I will be happy!

As long as the gas prices drop I will be happy!
    ditto

calidude is offline Senior Member
    I'm not understanding how these people are still protesting when we found a 100 acre chemical plant??? That was under desert camaflouge. Do these people think that was normal???? That should prove right there that we should be there kicking their asses!!!

Originally posted by calidude
    I'm not understanding how these people are still protesting when we found a 100 acre chemical plant??? That was under desert camaflouge. Do these people think that was normal???? That should prove right there that we should be there kicking their asses!!!
    Its no secret that Iraq has had for years chemical weapons. People are protesting because they do not see the need for US involvement. Iraq poses no direct threat to the US, thats why people are protesting. It just seems too coincidental that we should be interested in Iraq now when they have actually degressed the past decade.

peace

Thread Information