Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Screenz is offline Junior Member

*Warning iraq pics*

http://www.aljazeera.net/news/arabic/2003/3/3-23-23.htm

Pics I found on another board sorry if it's a repost but I just wanted to show what was going on God bless thier families

Pumped109 is offline Associate Member
    Thats fucked up!!!! We need to leval the fuckin country now!!! God bless those bro's famalies.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    We are no longer in war with an army.....we are at war with criminals and monsters. I say once we've defeated them to take all their higher ups and Saddam and find the nearest tree with a good solid rope and start hanging 'em!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    This is horrible. I hope those that need to be punished, suffer.

Pain

palme is offline Rosie Member
    What the hell did you expect? That you would role into Bagdad without loosing a single soilder? Itīs war and people die, itīs horrible and i hope there familys dont see this pictures.

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by palme
    What the hell did you expect? That you would role into Bagdad without loosing a single soilder? Itīs war and people die, itīs horrible and i hope there familys dont see this pictures.
    I agree, but...what kind of people would show the dead bodies on TV like that???

Well i have seen dead Iraqy soilders on TV aswell. I admit they arent as close but still.
    Itīs all a part of Saddams propoganda shit.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Palme are you in the military or some type of armed force?? Just looking at the avatar.

Pain

Thats not me bro.

my7169 is offline Female Member
    Of course there will be loses in the war , but they did not have to air the pictures of the bodies of soliders who were executed. Why question the surviors the way they did and air it?
    Last edited by my7169; 03-24-2003 at 10:53 AM.
    BUG

"Yesterday is gone, live for today, because tomorrow may never come"

Palme....not starting with ya, just commenting, yeah soldiers die in war, but they weren't killed in action, they were murderd in cold blood. The Iraqi's weren't acting like soldiers....they were acting like common criminal murderers! You don not execute prisoners of war, you imprison them.

How do you know the dead soilders werent killed in action? Im just asking cause i havent heard anything about them being murderd, and they have burn marks etc on them so they might just have been shoot down or something like that and then a Iraqy soilder put a bullet in the head just to claim it as his kill. Possible?

I wanna make clear im not supporting there actions at all. Im with you guys on this.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Palme....not starting with ya, just commenting, yeah soldiers die in war, but they weren't killed in action, they were murderd in cold blood. The Iraqi's weren't acting like soldiers....they were acting like common criminal murderers! You don not execute prisoners of war, you imprison them.
    and you dont praise them on tv...

Here is another occasion(it doesnt really have to do with Iraq)

I think about a year and a half ago, two Israeli soldirs were surrounded inside of a bulding and were beaten to death and thrown out of the window of that building. One of the bodies was tied up to a car later and driven all acrosse the city of Gazza...

I know Palme....I'm not starting anything with ya either.....I'm actually tired of all of our arguing on here too.

tolinka- I remember that....good point!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    this is what war does

it brings the most vile emotions and pictures to our lives.

i am against any killing of any kind.

I dont care who's side it is, death is death.

I love america. No question there, but that doesnt make us getting killed or us killing right.

I support our troops, they are doing their jobs. Each one died doing what they were trained to do. Its sad and my thoughts go to the famlies.

mammoth is offline Member
    If I am not mistaken, the posting of those pics are in violation of the geneva convention right? I feel sorry for the families, but I am in no way surprised! Iraqi soldiers and all members of Saddam's regime are cold-hearted killers. Personally we treat the P.O.W's that we have in custody with way too much respect and dignity. Even the frontline surgeons make Iraqi soldier injuries a priority!!

Palme--who knows really what happened, but you would have to agree that the way that they display the photos is pretty cold-blooded.

Does anybody remember what happened AFTER the Gulf War? There was an uprising against the Iraqi rebels and the same thing happened to them that happened to our troops. They were beaten and murdered and it was shown on TV. It disgust when I hear people talk about how they don't think we have the right to invade Iraq. Saddam is a threat to anyone and everyone whom he sees as a potential threat. If people would just do there research then they would see that. IMO most vocal liberals who come out against the war are very uneducated and misinformed about Saddam and his regime! BTW--I am not trying to start a debate, I just had to make a comment!

Originally posted by mammoth
    If I am not mistaken, the posting of those pics are in violation of the geneva convention right? I feel sorry for the families, but I am in no way surprised! Iraqi soldiers and all members of Saddam's regime are cold-hearted killers. Personally we treat the P.O.W's that we have in custody with way too much respect and dignity. Even the frontline surgeons make Iraqi soldier injuries a priority!!

Palme--who knows really what happened, but you would have to agree that the way that they display the photos is pretty cold-blooded.

Does anybody remember what happened AFTER the Gulf War? There was an uprising against the Iraqi rebels and the same thing happened to them that happened to our troops. They were beaten and murdered and it was shown on TV. It disgust when I hear people talk about how they don't think we have the right to invade Iraq. Saddam is a threat to anyone and everyone whom he sees as a potential threat. If people would just do there research then they would see that. IMO most vocal liberals who come out against the war are very uneducated and misinformed about Saddam and his regime! BTW--I am not trying to start a debate, I just had to make a comment!
    Yeah it sucks bro! I feel for there familys.

Itīs not against the Geneva concention for a tv station to show pics, but when a government does it is.

It's against the Geneva convention for anyone to use pictures, video's etc. of P.O.W.'s as propaganda.

Article 13 of the Convention:

"Prisoners of war must at all times be protected, particularly against acts of violence or intimidation and against insults and public curiosity."

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    Who cares if it's in violation of the Geneva convention. If this was a country that had any comprehension of modern civilization it would be different. We will show that we are civilized by abiding by the guidelines of the Geneva Convention. However, what is the governing body which would police such atrocities? The UN? We showed the world that we will act in our own interest regardless of what the UN dictates. Those people act like animals and are showing it more everyday. i am so thankful that we have a president in power who has the balls to oust their currupt leadership & install a puppet leadership. Any state which rules by religion will always be currupt.

I just went to lunch and saw on the news that US soldiers did a surgery on Iraqi soldier in a tent...

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    i agrree with palme 100 on this guys ,he right .they say the same shit we do when the iraquis see dead iraqi soldiers on out tv ,its was and it suck s!

Originally posted by SwoleDiesel662
    Who cares if it's in violation of the Geneva convention. If this was a country that had any comprehension of modern civilization it would be different. We will show that we are civilized by abiding by the guidelines of the Geneva Convention. However, what is the governing body which would police such atrocities? The UN? We showed the world that we will act in our own interest regardless of what the UN dictates. Those people act like animals and are showing it more everyday. i am so thankful that we have a president in power who has the balls to oust their currupt leadership & install a puppet leadership. Any state which rules by religion will always be currupt.
    The reason why it is important that the fact that they violated the Geneva Convention becomes an issue is because the US has had, and still has to defend itself against all the naysayers who think that we are unjustified in invading Iraq. It does nothing but justify why we need to remove Saddam from political power. We gave the UN many years to reslove the issue yet they seem to lack the power to reslove. The fact that they violated the Geneva Convention is simply a tool to aid in the diplomatic fight that the US will endure following the war!

Exactly mammoth!

durbin22 is offline Member
    That is disturbing. I think we should stop fighting a politically correct war and completely level Baghdad.

hybrid is offline Member
    I just hope that we are smart enough to go into Baghdad from upwind. I wouldn't be surprised about a chemical attack.
    As for these pics, they suck. Those Iraqi pricks should be summarily hung from the nearest tree.
    My brother in law is a paratrooper in the 101st Airborne (jump leader for his group). Talked to him last week from Italy. They are jumping in today or tomorrow, presumably into Northern Iraq. He said they are fired up and anxious to do their job.

Last night or the night before it was saying the 101st came under heavy fire (not trying to worry you). There were several wounded.

Matt Foley is offline Member
    pretty disturbing stuff.my wife had downloaded the murder of that journalist in afganistan and i happened to walk by and saw the execution,i was so SHOCKED and it has bothered me ever since.but it goes to show that these are the type of people we are dealing with.if we were to melt bagdad that would mean global nuclear war.and WE'D LOSE! all of us!

Originally posted by hybrid

My brother in law is a paratrooper in the 101st Airborne (jump leader for his group). Talked to him last week from Italy. They are jumping in *******deleted*****. He said they are fired up and anxious to do their job.
    Bro man... edit that post... if you value your brother (and his comrads) lives do NOT ever post that kind of information on a public board (even if you are convinced "everyone" already knows about it).

Remember the old WW2 slogan... "loose lips sink ships".

Red

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    disgusting...the lengths these bastards are going to are dispicable and heinous...where do we draw the line between human and inhumane behavior?

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Originally posted by palme
    How do you know the dead soilders werent killed in action? Im just asking cause i havent heard anything about them being murderd, and they have burn marks etc on them so they might just have been shoot down or something like that and then a Iraqy soilder put a bullet in the head just to claim it as his kill. Possible?

I wanna make clear im not supporting there actions at all. Im with you guys on this.
    Actually these guys was a maintnence crew,they was bringing up the rear in an area that was supposed to be secure but for some reason wasn't.Iraqie soldiers relized that they was not heavily armed and pretended to surrender then ambushed them.What I'm wondering is they don't have a photo of the woman p.o.w.on that site they have as well.These men were not killed in combat they was assasinated.It wasn't just that they showed the bodies on t.v. it was the interview of the 5 survivors that was degrading.I really have my doubts on if they will make it out(just my opinion-no disrespect,but look who we're dealing with)Who I really feel for is the 30 year old woman,mother of one,I just hate to think of what she's going through!But this is war,and this is unfortunately the bitter side of it.

Unfortanetly, it's known that Iraq 9 out of 10 times will not hold P.O.W.'s. instead they most likely execute them all. In my opinion we are no longer fighting another countries military, rather we are fighting terrorists! Iraqi soldiers are dressing as cicvilians and hiding in hospitals and homes and after we pass through they engage us from behind were are defenses are at the weakest. I say enough trying to decide who's an innocent and who's not.........just waste 'em all. I know I'm gonna get alot heat for that statement but I'm just venting right now. To apease the UN and the rest of the damn world by not bombing and trying to keep civilian casualties to a minimum, alot of coalition troops are dieing because of it.

Football_Bill is offline Associate Member
    I see the Geneva Convention brought up a lot here. Unfortunately, it does not apply, as we never official declared war before we started bombing. This is actually an "operation" not war. Just info passed on to me by my friend in Counter Intelligence.

Those pictures are sick and piss me off. We should have pulled another Hiroshima, saved us a lot of money and lives. Make Iraq United States soil. We all know what will happen. We will destroy everything, then give them money to rebuild. 10 years down the road they will either be a super power economically or militarily. Too many bleeding hearts in this country.

Originally posted by Football_Bill
    I see the Geneva Convention brought up a lot here. Unfortunately, it does not apply, as we never official declared war before we started bombing. This is actually an "operation" not war. Just info passed on to me by my friend in Counter Intelligence.
    WHAAT?!? So how does one go about "officialy" declaring war. I would think that everyone here would agree that we ARE at war!

"Pentagon officials took issue with Iraqi's treatment of captured U.S. forces, saying the airing of taped interviews with some of them was a violation of the Geneva Conventions."

--taken straight from CNN's website

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/03/24/spr...gon/index.html

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    After seeing those pictures I think it's time we dust off the "A-Bomb"....get this over with and take care of this fucker...JMO....

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    congress basically turned over the military to Bush post September 11 so he could carry out the counter-terrorism campaign. he still has control over all our forces, but to 'officially' go to war congress has to declare...this might seem like war but like Football-Bill said, it is an operation or mission. yes this is minutia, but there hasn't been an 'official' declaration so it doesn't actually violate the geneva convention.

Originally posted by daem
    congress basically turned over the military to Bush post September 11 so he could carry out the counter-terrorism campaign. he still has control over all our forces, but to 'officially' go to war congress has to declare...this might seem like war but like Football-Bill said, it is an operation or mission. yes this is minutia, but there hasn't been an 'official' declaration so it doesn't actually violate the geneva convention.
    Then why would the Pentagon say that they were in violation of the geneva convention?

Well then why are the prisoners we have and the prisoners the Irqi's have called prisoners of war....P.O.W.'s?

Exactly BIG TEXAN. If this was just an "operation" I would think that the pentagon would treat the situation as a hostage situation like they have in the past with other operations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information