jtuner77 is offline Member

Downpour + Iphone = Brick....what to do

Well my Iphone 4 has stopped working. I was caught in a downpour at Lollapalooza. Phone worked for hours after and the two visible water indicators didn't turn red or even pink. What should I do? Crack it open to check the other two and if they are clean take it back and ask for a new one considering they just swamped it last week? The phone is out of warranty and they still were nice enough to swamp my phone out BUT I do not want to spend money on ANOTHER iphone4 when the new one is coming out in 6-8 weeks.

I cant be phoneless for 2 months till the new one comes out.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    take the battery out. Put the phone in a bowl or rice

Lemonada8 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    if the visible ones arent turned, and the rice trick doesnt work, take it back and say it just stopped working

jtuner77 is offline Member
    Yeah...I put it in a bowl of rice overnight from like 12am to 7am and nothing. Outside markers are perfect but I am afraid they will crack it open and see the water markers and then just deny me versus being truthful with them. So I am gonna get the penta driver and open it up and if they are pink I will just tell them I was caught in a downpour, if they aren't then I will just say it just stopped working.

TBrah is offline Associate Member
    if you have att as ur service provider you can always go to radio shack or wherever and get one of those cheap 20 dollar pay as you go phones just put your sim card in there.

It will at least hold you off if you're stuck without a phone until you buy the new iphone

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    I'd hope u have insurance on the phone.. if so claim it if they won't take it back.
    Typically if your phone gets wet and you continue to power it, it'll fry the internals.
    good luck man..

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Can you get the sim card out of the iphone? without a hammer?
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    take the battery out. Put the phone in a bowl or rice
    Batteries are internal so unless your comfortable taking your phone apart don't do it.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    My brick phone works fine. Only problem is it works on analog signals only and all towers are now only transmitting in digital format. Ebay here it comes. What I like best about it was it transmitted and received on a full 3 watts whereas todays phones only are allowed .6 tenths of 1 watt. There were no dropped calls. Ok I never had one it was my dads but I got to use it when I was little.

Last edited by Shol'va; 08-08-2011 at 01:55 PM.

Thread Information