Twin is offline Associate Member

Something that I always wondered but felt dumb discussing.StrongerBlueCollar workers

I noticed a lot of blue collar workers/laborers whom are very strong. However there diet is complete sh*t.
    They drink often, and they eat on average about 40G-60 protein a day. There eating patterns(calories wise) are inconsistent. + they burn lots of calories.

Lets see, typical blue collar rough neck diet.

wake up, bagel + coffee for break fast.

lunch - fastfood/or deli etc.

dinner - ? what the wife makes. some steak or chicken and rice?

maybe a beer? bed?

Is it just good genetics? the people who dont have the genetics for labor jobs, dont do it,and the ones with good genetics stick to it which is y we tend to see alot of strong blue collar folks out there.

From burning all those calories, eating little protein, eating shtty food except for dinner, they throw some burgers or grill a steak... yet they remain strong.

the only thing i can think of is genetics. it is interesting when you think of it. i had an old set of dumbbells in my garage and my uncle who hasnt worked out in like 10-15 years but does manual labor. did like 8 reps and 1 set with 80lb dumbbells.... and i know him. i know how he eats. and 80lbs isnt alot but imo it is when u dont workout for like 10 years and have such a shtty diet...

idk just something interesting that i thought. it makes no logical sense how some of them remain so strong with such horrible diet..... Also even some of the immigrant guys that i see, who are small but still are strong for there size... its like there body adapts or something, after all those years of hard labor or something..

typical blue collar looking worker that i am talking about.

Last edited by Twin; 08-19-2011 at 04:29 AM.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    They may not have a good diet but when you're carrying lumber.. stones.. steel... working with heavy sh*t all day, 40-50 hrs a week you've got to build some muscle.. Realistically these guys work their muscles alot more than some guy who sits behind a desk all day and works out 3-4 times a week for 45 min.. If they had a diet to match they'd be that much bigger..

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Nice fish man! I am an Angler myself.

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Thats just strength that comes from being a working man. A lot of WSM (World's Strongest Man) competitors are farmers by trade. They spend all day moving moving heavy shit around, so they get stronger.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    not everyone is a gym goer mate lol, you cant view the world from that perspective

running_scared is offline Junior Member
    Looks like steve austin there!

awms is offline Senior Member
    I worked for a moving company a couple year back and some of the guys there were really impressive! One guy I worked with was 160lbs soaking wet but he could throw a 200lbs dresser on his back and walk down a flight of stairs. I think alot of it has to do with the repetition of the job, and endurance...this guy could go for ever! I had no problem lifting but it was going for 8 hours strait that killed me! he has been working their for over 10 years, 5 days a week so his body was use to the abuse...I had been working their for 2 months lol

Also alot of the guys I worked with were crazy! like literaly didnt give a shit what happen to their bodies...most of them were falling apart because they would rather throw break their spin runing down the stairs with 300lbs on their back then be smart and wait for somone to come help them. When I worked there two guys had to have major knee surgery, and they all had back problems, joint problems ect ect.... they lived on advil and booze lol

I remember one time moving a massive wardrobe...the thing had to be like 600lbs. Half way down the stairs I told the guy I needed a break my back was killing me and he said no keep going and stop being a ***** lol these guys really dont care about their bodies at all! I still have back issues from working their but after a summer working there I was ripped! its like doing intervals for 8 hours a day lol

I remember one time moving a massive wardrobe...the thing had to be like 600lbs. Half way down the stairs I told the guy I needed a break my back was killing me and he said no keep going and stop being a ***** lol these guys really dont care about their bodies at all! I still have back issues from working their but after a summer working there I was ripped! its like doing intervals for 8 hours a day lol

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    repost

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    repost
    Well said.

Thread Information