gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

biggest bullshit speeding ticket ever

I got stopped on the highway this morning. I know i was speeding. Speed limit was 65 i was doing just under 80 with the rest of the traffic. I saw the cop and wasn't really worried that pretty much the average speed for the road. Well he pulls me over and tells me i was going 99 mph. I said there was no way i was doing 100mph. He say i didnt say you were doing 100 you were doing 99. of course he has a laptop, printer, radar and who knows what else in electronics in his car but nothing to print out or confirm the 99mph reading besides his word.

So he wrote me the ticket. I'm so pissed. I dont mind if i was actually doing it.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Ya thats bs...The system is made to fvck people, cops can write you for whatever they want but don't have to show you or provide any real proof..

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    I got stopped on the highway this morning. I know i was speeding. Speed limit was 65 i was doing just under 80 with the rest of the traffic. I saw the cop and wasn't really worried that pretty much the average speed for the road. Well he pulls me over and tells me i was going 99 mph. I said there was no way i was doing 100mph. He say i didnt say you were doing 100 you were doing 99. of course he has a laptop, printer, radar and who knows what else in electronics in his car but nothing to print out or confirm the 99mph reading besides his word.

So he wrote me the ticket. I'm so pissed. I dont mind if i was actually doing it.
    Same thing happened to my friend. I was in the car with him and we were coming around the bend on the highway at about 85. The cop pulled him over and wrote him up for going 99. It was a late 90's model S-10 or Sonoma or something like that, and it had a governor that kicked in at 97 mph, so it wasn't even possible. Ticket was like $450.

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Same thing happened to my friend. I was in the car with him and we were coming around the bend on the highway at about 85. The cop pulled him over and wrote him up for going 99. It was a late 90's model S-10 or Sonoma or something like that, and it had a governor that kicked in at 97 mph, so it wasn't even possible. Ticket was like $450.
    i know. Its bs. I'm going to have to hire an attorney now. For what how do i prove i didnt do something. Yet apparently he cant prove i did either but its a cops word against mine. FML

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Ticket Clinic dude. I've got pages and pages and pages of tickets. They always help me out. It seems here in South FL it's not about proving this or that when it comes to traffic tickets...theres something else going on that allows these law firms to get their clients off with little or no repurcussions.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    another lying cop...i had one lie in court when i chose to fight a ticket...prolly jealous of your ride

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    heard a lot of good things about the ticket clinic as well

never heard of them but ill def. look them up

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    fvckn hell, thts a serious fine!! what do they base the figure on?

Yeah I actually need to call them up on Monday for a tints ticket. Miami-Dade County is so understaffed that tickets don't actually get into the DMV electronic system for at least 2 months, and of course as you know you only have 30 days in FL to respond to a ticket. So now you have a situation where you cannot respond in any way to a ticket until it is past due, thus earning you an automatic court date. This is the 2nd time this has happened to me. By the time it shows up on the clerk of courts website, it's already past due and theres been a court date set.

This is probably case of him having to do 99 to catch up to you so he believed you were doing 99 also.

Was he driving next to you, or stopped on the side of the road? What was the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by JDawg1536 View Post
    Was he driving next to you, or stopped on the side of the road? What was the situation?
    he was stopped in the shoulder of the road.

PitMaster is offline Associate Member
    I think it's that time of the month where they gotta make their quota.

I was in the slow lane, a rig was going past me in the fast lane. I got yanked and the trooper gave me a ticket for 85mph. I argued my point with him and asked to see his radar. He refused and got in my face when, so i got in his. I got back in my car and drove off. I made it about 5 miles up the road and another trooper pulled me over and had me towed. Said I had an invalid license. BS I said, He says it's not coming up on the computer. I had to prove I had a license and registration at the impound yard to get my wheels back(suppose to been at work) this was not easy and took me hours to do.
    I guess u have to eat it, if u argue they just make things worse for u. I could of taken it to court. I would of lost a days pay so I didn't. Almost better just to pay the ticket. Your pride is another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    I think it's that time of the month where they gotta make their quota.

I was in the slow lane, a rig was going past me in the fast lane. I got yanked and the trooper gave me a ticket for 85mph. I argued my point with him and asked to see his radar. He refused and got in my face when, so i got in his. I got back in my car and drove off. I made it about 5 miles up the road and another trooper pulled me over and had me towed. Said I had an invalid license. BS I said, He says it's not coming up on the computer. I had to prove I had a license and registration at the impound yard to get my wheels back(suppose to been at work) this was not easy and took me hours to do.
    I guess u have to eat it, if u argue they just make things worse for u. I could of taken it to court. I would of lost a days pay so I didn't. Almost better just to pay the ticket. Your pride is another thing.
    because of the speed i have a mandatory court date.

And they wonder why people hate cops.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    because of the speed i have a mandatory court date.

And they wonder why people hate cops.
    Yeah where are all the "you dont understand - they put their life on the life blah blah blah" bvllshit psots now? 80% of them (cops) are fvcking assholes - one of my friends is a cop and those are his exact words. If "normal citizens" (somehow they are on a fvkcing pedistal) did half the bvllshit they did at work they would be fired or surely be getting their ass kciked on a regular basis. Cops and congressmen - 2 occupations where doing the shittiest most unetical things ever have no adverse impact on your job security whatsoever. In fact it usually means you prosper.

PitMaster is offline Associate Member
    Here 30mph over the limit is considered criminal. They can tow u and put in the hooskow. If your a cute girl it helps.

Blog Entries
    like all professions, they are good ones and bad ones. i got a let off after being nailed at 120mph on a 60mph limit rural stretch, turned out the cop had a GSXR 1tr bike, just told me to settle down and he didnt want to be scraping me off the road, any other cop would have had my bike impounded and id of being kissing my licence goodbye for a long spell!!! he obviously knew 120 is nothing on a superbike, a comfy cruise speed

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    like all professions, they are good ones and bad ones. i got a let off after being nailed at 120mph on a 60mph limit rural stretch, turned out the cop had a GSXR 1tr bike, just told me to settle down and he didnt want to be scraping me off the road, any other cop would have had my bike impounded and id of being kissing my licence goodbye for a long spell!!! he obviously knew 120 is nothing on a superbike, a comfy cruise speed
    also in south florida you can be arrested for reckless driving after going over like 20mph over the limit i think. the op is lucky he didn't get locked up.

ticket clinic ROCKS,, they have a very high success rate in court. it's worth the money,, still much less than the fine anyway.

good luck

goinglong is offline Junior Member
    I was doing 120mph in a 65mph zone on the Interstate. My Valentine1 warned me and I got it down to 92 by the time the radar could get an accurate reading. That was fast enough to appear before the judge. I dressed nice, pleaded no contest (not guilty, not innocent) and asked nicely for traffic school. That was all I got! No points -- nothing. The cops don't need to show-up here but the traffic judges just want to expedite everything through with little resistance. They have heard all the arguments and are over it.

Good luck, Gixxer!

bd50 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Yeah where are all the "you dont understand - they put their life on the life blah blah blah" bvllshit psots now? 80% of them (cops) are fvcking assholes - one of my friends is a cop and those are his exact words. If "normal citizens" (somehow they are on a fvkcing pedistal) did half the bvllshit they did at work they would be fired or surely be getting their ass kciked on a regular basis. Cops and congressmen - 2 occupations where doing the shittiest most unetical things ever have no adverse impact on your job security whatsoever. In fact it usually means you prosper.

from what i've heard thru cop friends, if they get caught doing bad shady shit they not only get fired but some have been charged federally and got harsh sentences.

i'm not defending corrupt cops or any other corruption of course.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Get that lawyer. That's too many points there.

amnkeefe is offline New Member
    If you can't afford an attorney ask for a Jury Trial. I did it in Charleston, SC for a wreckless operation ticket on my Gsxr 1k. The bad part is, is that I was "weaving" in my own lane after leaving a gas station. The ticket would have been over 1k dollars and 6 points. After I requested the jury trial, two weeks later they dropped it.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1st ticket at 16 year old for street racing and reckless driving. Cop claimed I was trying to race a 65 cherry Mustang in a 1970 Thunderbird with suicide doors at a local cruise spot. NOT.... Mustang did a smoke show next to me and 4 lanes of traffic. Cop was several cars back. Mustang was gone so he pulled me over. Gave me the first taste of justice. Cop lied in court claiming I said things I never said. I still have the ticket from 1980, I still remember his last name, Ludwell. I will still look him up someday.
    2nd ticket I was 18, tuning my 1967 Camaro advancing timing and playing with Holley 650 double pumper on a dead end street with no houses several blocks away from any houses. Someone called because they though I was racing around. Cops wrote me up for reckless driving although they never saw anything. I was stopped when they got there. Again lied in court, 6 months suspension of license. Yeah it's earned a lot of respect for cops by me. Ive had kids try to break into my house 3x, broke a window, set off alarms and I have perfect pictures from my video cameras along with they got GOOD finger prints. Anyone caught? Of course not. I was 1/2 surprised they even showed up when called.

Get a lawyer and do anything you can to get out of the ticket including lie. That's what they do.

yungone501 is offline Senior Member
    I thought whenever i cop clocks you, it is recorded and an id number is assigned to the radar tag?

To back this up, i was recently pulled over by a highway patrol officer and on my attorneys motion of discovery (police report) it says "radar tag ID: xxxxxxxxx". Since i wasnt speeding (pulled over for window tint too dark) there was no ID issued.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Tell them that the cop hit on you. That you turned him down and so he wrote you a ticket.

Say he showed you his penis.

Download a gay pic of a guys penis and make him disprove that its not his penis. He'd have to show his own penis to compare to the pic.

"Id like to submit Officer So and So's penis into evidence your Honor."

That should teach him a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by bd50 View Post
    also in south florida you can be arrested for reckless driving after going over like 20mph over the limit i think. the op is lucky he didn't get locked up.

ticket clinic ROCKS,, they have a very high success rate in court. it's worth the money,, still much less than the fine anyway.

good luck
    x2...I just hired them today for a tints ticket I got back in June. I always use them. I'm pretty sure if I didn't I wouldn't be driving right now.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    i always make them show up.. then push the date off if they do, then show up again.. through discovery i request a copy of their medical records, to review and eye conditions.. they will not or rather no one as submitted one before, and thus since the court will not produce said records, you can get it thrown out..

you are also asking for a copy of their training records and the certification of calibration of the device that they used, and an audit of testing that unit..

if they do not provide by day of court, or the officer does not show.. next case..

oh, then pursue a civil suit against the officer and count.. that always makes friends with people..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    i always make them show up.. then push the date off if they do, then show up again.. through discovery i request a copy of their medical records, to review and eye conditions.. they will not or rather no one as submitted one before, and thus since the court will not produce said records, you can get it thrown out..

you are also asking for a copy of their training records and the certification of calibration of the device that they used, and an audit of testing that unit..

if they do not provide by day of court, or the officer does not show.. next case..

oh, then pursue a civil suit against the officer and count.. that always makes friends with people..
    I like how you think. I never though about the eyes or civil suit after. The others are common and always a good idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amnkeefe View Post
    If you can't afford an attorney ask for a Jury Trial. I did it in Charleston, SC for a wreckless operation ticket on my Gsxr 1k. The bad part is, is that I was "weaving" in my own lane after leaving a gas station. The ticket would have been over 1k dollars and 6 points. After I requested the jury trial, two weeks later they dropped it.
    thats crazy, i always weave afew times to get heat into the tyres when im setting off, it should be considered a safety practice

Blog Entries

simple, but effective, i like it

Great advice. Also look into getting a copy of the road survey from the city. In California, if the road hasn't been evaluated in the last ten years, then there is a loophole where you technically cannot be given a speeding ticket on that road. I'm not sure how it works, but my friend had his case dismissed because of it.

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    everytime i've gotten pulled over they always asked me if i would like to see the radar. of course i declined because they never clamed and bogus speeds and i knew i was speeding.

yea never had a cop do that, really sucks, hope you find a way to get out of it.

crazy_rocks is offline Senior Member
    bastard told me he was giving me a warning and came back with a ticket and court date. i dont understand.

Thread Information