Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~

Metal - who makes/made the absolute most brutal, bone crushing in your face music?

I'm not looking for your favorite band. I'm looking for who you feel makes music that causes you to want to go on a killing spree! I don't care about the genre; I don't want to get into breaking down thrash/screamo/death/black/melodic death/neo classical death etc etc etc... it's all metal. This whole sub sub sub sub sub genre thing is ridiculous IMO.

I know alot of people will disagree with me because they like to shit all over this band, and I don't know that they're my definitive answer, but you have to admit that Slipknot (early, 1st album or 2) is pretty fvcking brutal. Listen to songs like Sic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC5ecWH8QgM

or

Eeyore http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AimTqcrsp4s

That's pretty hardcore sounding IMO. I know there is more 'hardcore' music out there by definition, but can anybody say (old) Slipknot is soft sounding?

Awaiting your thoughts.

Wow, 34 views and no answers? I guess Slipknot is the hardest shit you've all ever heard then!

TBrah is offline Associate Member
    definatley not slipknot lol

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    pantera hatebreed unearth old slayer old sepultura exhorder

job for a cowboy is my favorite band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iwMm...eature=related
    Last edited by TBrah; 08-22-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TBrah View Post
    definatley not slipknot lol
    What do you dislike about them? I'm no huge fan, i'm just curious. There seems to be a lot of Slipknot haters out there. I'm a bit older (Slayer, Maiden, etc that's my metal of choice) so they came 'after my time', but I still appreciate things I hear once in a while. What's the deal with Slipknot? Note - I realize their music today is weak.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    pantera hatebreed unearth old slayer old sepultura exhorder
    Love Pantera, not the hardest I've heard though. Old Slayer is definitely hardcore, same with Sep. Not really familiar with the other TBH

job for a cowboy is my favorite band

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iwMm...eature=related
    Will have to wait until I get home from work to check this out, better kick me in the teeth though!

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Pantera by miles are class not just hardcore but a proper metal band. Some of Obituary's stuff is class. as you said old skool Speultura is unreal. Some of Megadeths older stuff is class too.

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Gottal love pantera, unearth and personally I love Inflames the most

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    What do you dislike about them? I'm no huge fan, i'm just curious. There seems to be a lot of Slipknot haters out there. I'm a bit older (Slayer, Maiden, etc that's my metal of choice) so they came 'after my time', but I still appreciate things I hear once in a while. What's the deal with Slipknot? Note - I realize their music today is weak.
    It's a combination of their fans, the whole "maggot 4 lyfe" thing; as well as them dressing like clowns makes me feel like I'm listening to a boy band or something lol.

Some of the songs off Iowa are decent. I like the first song you posted. Others some of the lyrics seem soft and I feel like I'm listening to a motivational cd by anthony robins or something

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    slayer
    rammstein
    hatebreed
    lamb of god
    motorhead
    sex pistols

slipknot sucks shit, just like all that pop friendly new wave crap

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Old school Slayer. Reign in Hell, South of Heaven
    Exodus is another.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Old school Slipknot.. Pantera..Hatebreed.. Coal Chamber
    They may not be the hardest on the planet but that's why they are the best
    I need a band with energy, emotion, talent.. not some guys slammin instruments n screamin
    I think the versatility of being able to go slower at times n then explode with rage is what makes them good.. its that build-up n explode that invokes emotion
    Not to de-rail.. but old school Eminem really used to get me pumped... the anger n emotion he used to sing with was untouched.. but then he got rich n sober n now he's a worthless piece of sh*t pop artist.. what a shame..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    I need a band with energy, emotion, talent.. not some guys slammin instruments n screamin
    I think the versatility of being able to go slower at times n then explode with rage is what makes them good.. its that build-up n explode that invokes emotion
    Not to de-rail.. but old school Eminem really used to get me pumped... the anger n emotion he used to sing with was untouched.. but then he got rich n sober n now he's a worthless piece of sh*t pop artist.. what a shame..
    rammstein fit that bill

Quote Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
    Pantera by miles are class not just hardcore but a proper metal band. Some of Obituary's stuff is class. as you said old skool Speultura is unreal. Some of Megadeths older stuff is class too.
    I dig Obituary. How about Mayhem... pretty brutal. Pig Destroyer? Bathory? Gorgasm? Pestilence? Gorgoroth? Death Angel (or is it Dark Angel - I always fvck that up!)

It's a combination of their fans, the whole "maggot 4 lyfe" thing; as well as them dressing like clowns makes me feel like I'm listening to a boy band or something lol.

Some of the songs off Iowa are decent. I like the first song you posted. Others some of the lyrics seem soft and I feel like I'm listening to a motivational cd by anthony robins or something
    Ahh, see idk about all that stuff - no idea what maggot 5 lyfe is lol! Yea, the clown thing is unnecessary - I guess it was kinda cool in the beginning - nothing new - Alice Cooper and Kiss were doing it long before. King Diamond, etc. But yea, it's kinda gay I guess. But strictly musical - just the sound of their music (again, the early stuff) - pretty hardcore IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    slayer
    rammstein
    hatebreed
    lamb of god
    motorhead
    sex pistols

slipknot sucks shit, just like all that pop friendly new wave crap
    LoG suck lol! How about 'As I Lay Dying'?

Quote Originally Posted by im83931 View Post
    Exodus is another.
    lol, Reign in Hell!!! Don't you mean Reign in Blood?

Early Exodus was cool... Bonded By Blood, Pleasures of the Flesh... how about Venom?

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    But i'm not looking for your favorite band mate, or even talent for that matter - just HARD - even if that means slammin instruments and screaming

Hitman Heimler is offline Junior Member
    Hell, i like Goatwhore, Amon Amarth, Chimaira, etc.

First off, Chimaira always says they're bringing testosterone back to metal; f ing brilliant.
    Amon Amarth sings about killing people all the time. Lol

Blog Entries
    Exodus is another.
    my very 1st album at the tender age of 9, and i think you'll find its reign in blood lol. some of slayers new stuff is stomping aswell, americon is a great track imo.

no album ever will match reign in blood, its a metal benchmark

Blog Entries
    I dig Obituary. How about Mayhem... pretty brutal. Pig Destroyer? Bathory? Gorgasm? Pestilence? Gorgoroth? Death Angel (or is it Dark Angel - I always fvck that up!)

Ahh, see idk about all that stuff - no idea what maggot 5 lyfe is lol! Yea, the clown thing is unnecessary - I guess it was kinda cool in the beginning - nothing new - Alice Cooper and Kiss were doing it long before. King Diamond, etc. But yea, it's kinda gay I guess. But strictly musical - just the sound of their music (again, the early stuff) - pretty hardcore IMO.

LoG suck lol! How about 'As I Lay Dying'?

lol, Reign in Hell!!! Don't you mean Reign in Blood?

Early Exodus was cool... Bonded By Blood, Pleasures of the Flesh... how about Venom?

But i'm not looking for your favorite band mate, or even talent for that matter - just HARD - even if that means slammin instruments and screaming
    oh yes indeed! lay down your soul to the gods rock n roll!! lol

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    I can't believe I butchered Reign in Blood. It was one of my favorites.

Blog Entries
    I can't believe I butchered Reign in Blood. It was one of my favorites.
    think you got confused with the prior Hell Awaits

Blog Entries
    im really digging killswich engaged and times of grace lately but i love all the oldschool stuff you all have been disscusing that was my jam back in the 80's thru the 90's....

PitMaster is offline Associate Member
    When I'm pissy or want to get pumped and during w/o..It's slayer. Reign in blood works for me. If I'm pissy and more mellow..South of Heaven. Seasons in the abyss..I could keep going. Slayer hands down for metal monster.

my very 1st album at the tender age of 9, and i think you'll find its reign in blood lol. some of slayers new stuff is stomping aswell, americon is a great track imo.

no album ever will match reign in blood, its a metal benchmark
    this...

Quote Originally Posted by PitMaster View Post
    this...
    x3... still the greatest thrash album of all time. Unsurpassable IMO.

Great to see all the love for Slayer, nearly 30 years later!

Remember their early lighter sound? Haunting the Chapel, Show No Mercy, etc? If I recall, wasn't Die By the Sword an EP or something? Then they came out with Reign in Blood and blew our young fvcking minds!!! Made Metallica and Megadeth sound like opera, lol!

Props to Suicidal Tendencies too.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Wow, 34 views and no answers? I guess Slipknot is the hardest shit you've all ever heard then!
    Saw Slipknot live at a festival....they were ok, but NIN followed them...and wow, what an intense concert.

Blog Entries

Remember their early lighter sound? Haunting the Chapel, Show No Mercy, etc? If I recall, wasn't Die By the Sword an EP or something? Then they came out with Reign in Blood and blew our young fvcking minds!!! Made Metallica and Megadeth sound like opera, lol!

Haunting the Chapel was an EP, Die by the Sword was a track off Show No Mercy. both Haunting The Chapel and Show no Mercy came out in quick succession in '83. Hell Awaits was next and then came the speed metal master piece that is Reign in Blood.

any of you rem the punk covers album, Undisputed Attitude? Jeff Hanneman is a big punk head

they are long overdue a gig in dublin, when they come again it'll be my 20th time seeing 'em between 1987 and present, had it good afew years back when i squeezed them in 3 times in 1 year

just had inspiration for a new avi
    Last edited by dec11; 08-22-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Blog Entries
    some 'lighter' stuff really stirs me also, Neil Young's 'keep on rocking in the free world' fires me up like crazy when im training or thrashing the fireblade.

others:

rolling stones
    the who
    the animals
    the kinks
    steppenwolf
    eric clapton (Cream era)

dont know how well known they are in the USA, but im surprised no-one mentioned The Prodigy
    Last edited by dec11; 08-22-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Haunting the Chapel was an EP, Die by the Sword was a track off Show No Mercy. both Haunting The Chapel and Show no Mercy came out in quick succession in '83. Hell Awaits was next and then came the speed metal master piece that is Reign in Blood.

any of you rem the punk covers album, Undisputed Attitude? Jeff Hanneman is a big punk head

they are long overdue a gig in dublin, when they come again it'll be my 20th time seeing 'em between 1987 and present, had it good afew years back when i squeezed them in 3 times in 1 year

just had inspiration for a new avi
    Alot of shows for u, Nice!

I don't know who they did all the covers for. I need to re-up my punk. I thought for sure Misfits(Kicks ass) were one of them. I just can't put my finger on some of the punk bands I use to listen too. Pistols. Having brain fart placing these songs with their original artists.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slayer-UndisputedAttitude-Back.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	201.5 KB 
ID:	116776

Love Tendencies too!
    Haunting the chapel I had on a cassette when I was a teen. A friend recorded it for me. He put two tape decks close to each other and that was my version. Now lost forever.

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    I currently listen Chimaira, Texas in July , Amon Amarth, Emmure , Kids like Us.

White Chapel had pretty messed up lyrics , but the sound was good.
    Last edited by PurpleOnes; 08-23-2011 at 05:20 AM.

alexISthrowed is offline Knowledgeable Member

Anybody like Opeth?

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Norma Jean, Between the Buried and Me

Blog Entries
    Anybody like Opeth?
    have blackwater park somewhere in the collection, its ok, i wouldnt be rushing to put it on

DCI
    All good gear there man. Morbid Angel are class if your into proper heavy shit IE they will blow your head off. Some Machinehead early stuff aint bad like Ten Tonne Hammer, Davidian, the blood the sweat the tears is another good one.

@ Dec11 never knew you where a metal fan I like everything you said there serious bands Slayer is unreal. Their cover album is unreal better than some of the original artists takes on the songs. That Americon trakc is unreal what album is that off of man?

Let us know if your going to their next concert I'll head with ya
    Last edited by DCI; 08-23-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    All good gear there man. Morbid Angel are class if your into proper heavy shit IE they will blow your head off. Some Machinehead early stuff aint bad like Ten Tonne Hammer, Davidian, the blood the sweat the tears is another good one.
    rem seeing em around 20yrs ago in belfast, back in the day when stage diving was still permitted

DCI
    Jesus Deccy your an old bastard Some cool bands your into.Nothing beats hammering down a brack road with some Metal blaring out the system

Blog Entries
    Jesus Deccy your an old bastard Some cool bands your into.Nothing beats hammering down a brack road with some Metal blaring out the system
    esp on two wheels!! less of the old ya bollix

DCI
    2 wheels is are arse fiddlers

And this just needs to be posted again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLtTa2trRs

MastaMan is offline Associate Member
    Some of elton john's earlier stuff was really hardcore, i always listen to tiny dancer to cap off a really intense workout

Blog Entries

@ Dec11 never knew you where a metal fan I like everything you said there serious bands Slayer is unreal. Their cover album is unreal better than some of the original artists takes on the songs. That Americon trakc is unreal what album is that off of man?

Let us know if your going to their next concert I'll head with ya
    world painted blood.

as im an old fart now, be prepared to be sitting in the balcony if you go with me lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information