solidj55 is offline Member

120,000 more troops being sent, when will we draft?

Just curious as to what you guys think about when or if we will draft? I work in law enforcement now and several of the guys I work with feel this will happen(they are former military). I know that a lot of guys I work with are in the reserves, guard, etc and they have all been called to go or have been there for a while. I even know a couple of people that have been called back already that arent in any reserves(activce that is) but have only been out for 5-9 years. I have been thinking a lot about this lately, so much that I have changes a lot of my ideas and thoughts on the way I train in the gym. I for one am dropping the mass and hitting the road in my running shoes. You never know...

Chach is offline Associate Member
    i dunno but i will tell you this if I get drafted I will put a bullet in every mother fucker in Iraq, even if they have a white flag...i will not take a fucking chance..it's them or me, and it's sure not going to be me!!!!! so if i die i know that i killed some of those mother fuckers!!!!!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    we have way more than enough people that we would need before we start drafting - keep in mind - we only have 90K troops in Iraq now - lots of them havent been able to get there yet due to Turkey problem or other issues

Ryanhallmark is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Terinox

Dude that's a GREAT idea!!! While your there, rape me some women and shoot some babies in the head for me too eh! White flag or not!
    Ahh what the hell that is sick. I hope your joking.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

first of all

no offense, but if you were actually there you would probably be scared as a little girl. a friend ofmine fromHS just went overto kuwait two days before the start of the war and i was actually about to cry like a little girl for him.
    if i were drafted, call me a pussy, but i would be on the first plane outof here.unfortunately, never be able to come back to the US, but i'd be alive.

adaptations is offline Member
    i would greatly join the forces right now...GO AHEAD draft me!!!!! SEND ME TO MEXICOFIRST THOUGH!!!

no but seriously....i wouldnt mind being drafted

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    No need to worry about a draft right now....the reserves are gonna go first, then national guard, and previous exeperienced military will be called back. If you do 4 years you have 4 INactive reserve. Not to mention by the time you got through boot camp and training it would be over. Marines bootcamp is 4 months, navy is 2 + months, Airforce is 2 months (I believe but there boot is like staying at a spa), Army is 3 months.
    IF...IF it takes more than 3 months for this to take place, we will also call upon more of our allies support. Not the English, but the other countries who haven't gotten their hands dirty.

Decoder is offline Banned
    Terinox: what exactly are you pissed about with this war?

terinox--what the fuck is ur problem you fucking asshole!!! thats my opinion and if you agree cool if not shut the fuck up and voice ur own opinion..ASSHOLE!!

see what i mean i cant help but to say stuff like that when im provoked by assholes like terinox....

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Originally posted by Terinox

Dude that's a GREAT idea!!! While your there, rape me some women and shoot some babies in the head for me too eh! White flag or not!
    Probably gonna have to anyway,thier shooting at us too!I really see no need to prolong thier suffering we should just nuke'em and get it over with....be alot cheaper.

jammergsxr, thanx buddy i agree
    yes terinox- i would shoot women and children in the head, if you were actually watching t.v those iraqi assholes are putting white flags up then as we get closer there shooting us so you use ur little head and think b4 you get all "emotional".....

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    IMO - they won't start a civilian draft for the Middle East. They might start one if someone else bigger and badder (with an actual military that fights and has a Navy and Air Force - not just militia) bangs at our back door though... cuz then we would be too thin.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    The Juice Man: Not cool bro you should delete that thread calling names and flaming; Terinox is emotionally involved with this and anyone who kills innocent civilians especially women and children have problems. Now the key word here is innocent. If they are shooting at you then blow them away but no need to kill everyone in site just because you fear.

Why,does Terinox have family over there or something?Then I could see where these post would be hurtfull.But if he's just a tree hugger on a mission the shits on!!

J/K Terinox,you know we're straight!But I'm still gonna give ya shit cuz I like ya!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I have family in the middle east. But, as much as I hate what Juice Man said, I'm gonna delete those posts I made. I stopped caring about all this, and don't wanna go on talking about the war and all. Anywho, thanks FKITLETSGO.

hey listen terinox, im sorry brother i meant in no way to put it in the way to kill INOCENT people just those assholes with the white flags that shoot at us, so it is a misunderstanding, my bad bro..i in no way meant anything about killing the innocent...

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by The Juice Man
    hey listen terinox, im sorry brother i meant in no way to put it in the way to kill INOCENT people just those assholes with the white flags that shoot at us, so it is a misunderstanding, my bad bro..i in no way meant anything about killing the innocent...
    Thanks bro, it's all good. We all get emotional in times like this. I did hear stuff about that on the news, and I understand, that is a pretty cheap/cowardly way of going about things.

im glad we can both be men and handle this maturely, it brings tears to my eyes...haha, no but seriously bro ur right its very cheap/cowardly...and that pisses me the hell off..but hey no hard feelings brother

roch is offline Member
    this board is just growing up before my eyes...

ahhhhh I love you guys!!!!! thats what being a man is. not who can bench press 400! way to go!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by adaptations
    i would greatly join the forces right now...GO AHEAD draft me!!!!! SEND ME TO MEXICOFIRST THOUGH!!!

no but seriously....i wouldnt mind being drafted
    LOL, That is what I am saying drop me off in Mex, pump me full of about 300mg ED of Fina and send me over I will be a killing machine, until my heart fails.

Pain

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    There are no innocent civilians in the Middle East. Not women, Children not old people. It is like farming...a Cabbage is always a cabbage...you can call it something else, but it is..what it is!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by BamaSlamma
    There are no innocent civilians in the Middle East. Not women, Children not old people. It is like farming...a Cabbage is always a cabbage...you can call it something else, but it is..what it is!
    That was one of the dumbest and most rasist comments ive ever read here on AR.

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    I think its kinda funny that you guys say you wanna be drafted.. all until you guys get there. Don't think its a game. You will be killing people and have a very good chance of being killed. I think having one of your best friends being killed is worse then being killed. So grow up and pray for the war to be over, not to be fuckin drafted!

mammoth is offline Member
    HOLYSHIT!! IGNORANCE AT ITS FINEST!!

I fully support this war and that has to be the most backwoods, ignorant comment I have heard about this war to date. The Iraqi citizens and there families are being threatened by paramilitary troops if they don't fight for them. Wake Up, get some coffee and read a book!!! Get some education under your belt before you go and make asinine comments like that!

What can I possibly write to follow up to that?

I guess you are entitled to your opinion... I am just hoping that your comment doesn't represent the view of the average American soldier on the front lines over there.

Red

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    i dont think that this country will ever see anotehr draft again !but if it does im with party boy im bouncin to greece ,yall can come nd stay with me !!!!all the gear in the world ,for cheap and leagally ,peace nice beaches ,what more do u want lol?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by CYCLEON
    we have way more than enough people that we would need before we start drafting - keep in mind - we only have 90K troops in Iraq now - lots of them havent been able to get there yet due to Turkey problem or other issues
    My thouhts exactly. What sucks about the whole situation is, we have plenty of people to smash through the cities. But trying to do this with minimal civilian casualties puts us in a predicament. it will take much longer (at least i think it will...ive been wrong before) to win this war than anticipated. And much more costly, both in human lives and in dollars. but i still support our troops to the fullest and i hope they all return safely.

peace

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by The Juice Man
    jammergsxr, thanx buddy i agree
    those iraqi assholes are putting white flags up then as we get closer there shooting us so you use ur little head and think b4 you get all "emotional".....
    This is a shitty thing to do yes. But did you know that the Texans did this at the Alamo? We call them heros.

peace

ps. once more i do not agree with this but thats how armies fight when they are horribly outnumbered.

War is War,People die.There is nothing we can do about it,it's been this way for thousands of years,it's the nature of the beast.What we need to do is get the media out of there and get the job done.

Cock Diesel155 is offline Associate Member
    Coming from a person seriously still interested in joining the military as an officer and having a HUGE family history in the military I like the guys standing up and saying that you will go. It really makes me proud to be an American when I see people who respect what our troops are doing. But please dont sit here and talk about how tough you are going over and killing. Cause you seriously don't know how you are gonna act if you are in that situation. My buddy in the Marine corps met a Ranger with the Army (with around 17 confirmed kills) and he wouldnt even really talk about things he has seen or done. And in my book a Ranger is a bad mother fucker. So let's not get carried away talking about how tough we are and how many people we would kill.

Cock Diesel155 is offline Associate Member
    Anways what I am trying to get at is even though this guy couldnt really talk about his ops because they were classified, he didnt sit there and talk about how bad he was and all. Jammer is right.. Get the media outta there.. This is war, not a football game.. Men are gettin torn up and they broadcast it like its amusing or somethin.

Originally posted by Cock Diesel155
    But please dont sit here and talk about how tough you are going over and killing. Cause you seriously don't know how you are gonna act if you are in that situation.
    Amen bro...

I'd be a little worried about a soldier who actually WANTS to go and kill people.

What you're saying reminds me a lot of work. Though it's not the same thing, it is along the same lines...

As many here know I used to be a firefighter and now work part time as a teacher for the fire academy.

We got all those tough kids, they know all the theory, they are in amazing shape, they have practiced everything a thousand times, hell they know the job inside out and could do it in their sleep. BUT they've never fought a real fire with real people and real victims...

They talk tough, they act tough, and that act falls appart the first time they are in the middle of a disaster and have to deal with their bros getting hurt, real fire, real houses burning, real people losing everything, real despair, real pain, real death... I don't care hough tough anyone thinks they are, that dumps a shitload of humanity on your lap.

I imagine that the kids heading over to Irak are probably going thru the same thing, probably worse. Though they all know their jobs inside out have done countless "war games" and have practiced it to the point of becoming second nature, I am sure most of them have never taken a life, or even shot at someone and sure as hell don't want to.

Add to that the real despair and poverty of the local people there, the treatchery of the gorilla fighters and the inhumanity of war and you got a recipe for some real fucked up people coming home... (hell just look at how many WW2, Korea and Vietnam Vets came home fucked in the head forever)

It's pretty easy to shoot ones mouth off sitting in a comfy chair here, it's a whole different ball game out there.

Red

roch is offline Member
    I've been trying to join up but they won't take me with two felonies from when I was 18. I want to do my duty and help out in this war, but I fucked up when I was younger. It kills me to not be able to do anything.

don't ask.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    i heard some good things on this board and not so good things. a few things ive learned with experience though:

1) bad mofos never actually say they are bad mofos and rarely think it. they just are. talk to a seal or green beret (ive never actually met a ranger), or an olympic tkd or golden gloves boxer. you see what im talking about.

2) there will probably never be a real "draft" again. too many rich people would have to die and the us public would then become emotionally involved with teh outcome, cuase we might actually have to sacrifice for the cause, like in WWi, WWii, Korea, or vietnam. instead we will make do with stop-leave orders and recall's, which suck cause to me if a person serves their term and is out for 4 years, then they should be in the rear of the line behind some snot-nosed senator's son brat!

3) keep in mind while many people were opposed to the war, a study of draft age men just came out saying that if drafted over 90% would go even if they disaggreed with the cause. think of that next time you insult a "peace-nik". they are just as much american as you and would due thier duty.

temperoath is offline Junior Member
    Don't worry about a draft, Our nation uses the draft as a last resort, and even if the last resort comes....They'll figure something else out. Thats why they pull from the reserves and actives who just got out (when you sign up, you sign for 8 years in reality, but its only 4 years active and 4 inactive reserve) Thats why if you haven't been out very long, they are called back, and its usually to take care of homefront things (Supply, Admin, legal) Stuff like that. It doesn't matter if we send 100 or 500,000 troops to fight, as long as we all don't die. Trust me from what I've seen personally in afghanistan, and what my buddies tell me in Iraq. Their fighters are inferior. Hell Im a Marine, and I'm still stateside.

jleighty17 is offline Associate Member
    i am in a economics of war class at the moment and we have got into great detail with this subject. we will not have a draft anytime soon unless we go into a full fledged war within the next few years because we have 2.6 million soldiers at the moment. one reason so many reserves have been called up, which if you notice almost all have been army, is because there are more army reserves than active army personel.
    and one of the reasons the draft was on for other wars is because of the length of them most modern wars will not be years. for instance the first Gulf War was 44 days long and Gulf War 2 is looking to be shorter.

the real problem lies in the cost of the occupation of iraq after the war. it is estimated to cost at least 100billion dollars and likely to be 8-10 years of occupation if we have to front this bill which is 1% of our GDP our economy is going to drag. but if as in Gulf War 1 everyone pitches in it should actually help our economy. for instance Gulf War 1 cost 60 billion but only 6 of it was paid for by us. well im getting tired of writing so im gonna end the post here
    JLI

cool7425 is offline Junior Member
    They won't draft.

Thread Information