Thread: Art Atwood died

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

Art Atwood died

Art died last weekend of a heart attack at 37 years old

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Is it from AAS that they are all dying from or what and RIP he was a big dude.

DaNKahoLIc is offline Junior Member
    thats sad rip

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As much as we would like to deny it I'm sure the steroids and HGH was the cause of his heart attack.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Rip.

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    RIP plenty of good bros up there.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    heavy usage seems to end it prematurely for alot of guys, unfortunately.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    heavy usage seems to end it prematurely for alot of guys, unfortunately.
    It def seems it can contribute depending on the individual .....
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 09-17-2011 at 10:06 PM. Reason: removed unconfirmed rumor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    It def seems it can contribute depending on the individual .....
    yeah, fundamental reason why ive stepped back, given my family history

meathead320 is offline Member
    I don't think its merely the use of AAS, or even the GH causing this alone.

There are a few factors that have to be controlled while using AAS that some guys ignore, like LDL cholesterol, and HDL cholesterol. There are more than a few bodybuilders with arterial plaque.

These things have got to be monitored and controlled for.

This is not news to anyone here, but even this forum has some very unfortunate member deaths.

There is one other factor that a lot of people do not even look at. This BIG factor.

Think of it like this, say you control for the cholesterol and blood pressure effects with diet, cardio, and even other drugs if need be, there is still ANOTHER factor, and is the BIG factor.

These guys who have been dying, so far as I know, were all BIG guys. Guys who are OVER 250 pounds and lean. Some of them were over 280.

In the terms of a human being, that is a Giant in lean body mass.

Muscle tissue is more vascular than fat and requires more blood supply. The heart has to work very hard to move someone’s huge body around.

If a 7ft tall man who is not obese and weighs 300 pounds, dies in his sleep, no medical doctor is surprised.

If a 300 pound obese man falls over dead, same thing, the doctors are not shocked.

Because anything much bigger than its species norm tends to have a shorter life span due to the heart having to work harder.

So Art Atwood was 280-320 pounds of muscle depending on if close to contest time or not, and while he may not have competed for a while, still was a gigantic guy. I doubt his weight was under 280 even after retiring from competition.

My point being even had he been that big natural, due to some mutation allowing for that much muscle, had he never touched any drug ever or even lifted weights, yet he was just as big, he still would have died simply from well, being so damn BIG.

Everyone wants to scream “the roids!!” when he died, but they simply ignore that if a fat man or tall man of Art’s same weight fell over dead, that nobody would be shocked. Only difference is they would not blame steroids .
    Last edited by meathead320; 09-26-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead320 View Post
    I don't think its merely the use of AAS, or even the GH causing this alone.

There are a few factors that have to be controlled while using AAS that some guys ignore, like LDL cholesterol, and HDL cholesterol. There are more than a few bodybuilders with arterial plaque.

These things have got to be monitored and controlled for.

This is not news to anyone here, but even this forum has some very unfortunate member deaths.

There is one other factor that a lot of people do not even look at. This BIG factor.

Think of it like this, say you control for the cholesterol and blood pressure effects with diet, cardio, and even other drugs if need be, there is still ANOTHER factor, and is the BIG factor.

These guys who have been dying, so far as I know, were all BIG guys. Guys who are OVER 250 pounds and lean. Some of them were over 280.

In the terms of a human being, that is a Giant in lean body mass.

Muscle tissue is more vascular than fat and requires more blood supply. The heart has to work very hard to move someone’s huge body around.

If a 7ft tall man who is not obese and weighs 300 pounds, dies in his sleep, no medical doctor is surprised.

If a 300 pound obese man falls over dead, same thing, the doctors are not shocked.

Because anything much bigger than its species norm tends to have a shorter life span due to the heart having to work harder.

So Art Atwood was 280-320 pounds of muscle depending on if close to contest time or not, and while he may not have competed for a while, still was a gigantic guy. I doubt his weight was under 280 even after retiring from competition.

My point being even had he been that big natural, due to some mutation allowing for that much muscle, had he never touched any drug ever or even lifted weights, yet he was just as big, he still would have died simply from well, being so damn BIG.

Everyone wants to scream “the roids!!” when he died, but they simply ignore that if a fat man or tall man of Art’s same weight fell over dead, that nobody would be shocked. Only difference is they would not blame steroids.
    of course AAS were a big factor, theres a load of BB'ers who have dropped early, known and alot more unknown. i personally know of 5 locally, dead before 40

Necrosaro is offline Senior Member
    Steroids and being 280-300 pounds can be tough on the old heart.

Thread Information