Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    i agree the engines are good its all the other stuff around them that isnt, you need to budget around 1000 a year to keep a coop on the road. i had my 25,000 mile 145 cloverleaf for 2mths when it needed a 650 + vat steering rack fitted
    Man that's weird? Never went through a rack on my yokes. The Cloverleafs are fast. NEver had any other problems with em

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
    Man that's weird? Never went through a rack on my yokes. The Cloverleafs are fast. NEver had any other problems with em
    yeah, it was a great wee car, too bad i put it through two fields, 3 hedges and a bullock at 115mph (the crash you'll see me talk about on here when trapped nerves come up in convo). very heavy upfront and too light at the back, came over a creast and it fvckin nose dived on me. well and truly tested alfa's crash safety though 10/10, the cow thought otherwise lol

DCI
    I've clattered a 146 didn't do too bad to honest thank god. I'm sure the cow wasn't a happy camper at all haha The 145 was a bit more hairy to drive fast to be fair. There light on the arse I could literally slide the 146 all over the place by lifting off very fun car to drive and your Coop is basically the same underneath too.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    its horrendous for this part of the world mate
    Yeah, it is crappy in general. I was just joking because it is so much better than mine. I cannot imagine paying what you do for fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    Funny story. Once we were all driving on the highway, going about 80 mph, screwing around and what not...one of the Jamaican R32 GTRs was a few cars ahead of me. A cop got behind us and attempted to pull all of us over. The GTR took off, was GONE. So I pulled over (he was already infront of me at this point, couldn't make a run for it)...apparently he thought my car was the GTR and gave me all kinds of tickets. We tried explaining that the car was the same color, but not the same car...he replied "I don't care, it's like shooting fish in a barrel, I'll take what I can get"
    That happened to me once too. A ranger pulled me over in a national park and said he had reports of an orange Lamborghini driving like an idiot and terrorizing people. I said it wasn't me. He said, "come on, how many orange Lambos can there be here today." I responded that my car was NOT A LAMBO, and I had not been speeding. Funny thing was, it was the truth. He said he couldn't give me a ticket because he didn't personally see me speeding, but that the rangers would be keeping an eye out for me.

I am not name dropping: my car is NOT a Lambo.

DCI
    How do you get confused by an orange lambo and something else?

A lot of people think my car is a Lambo. Mostly because of the shape of the wing on the back is very similar to a Countach, and because they apparently don't know what Lambos look like. Actually, my car looks similar to a Lamborghini Jalpa, but nobody knows what they look like.

DCI
    I now what a Jalpa looks like you know your cars anyway What car have ya?

Blog Entries
    I've clattered a 146 didn't do too bad to honest thank god. I'm sure the cow wasn't a happy camper at all haha The 145 was a bit more hairy to drive fast to be fair. There light on the arse I could literally slide the 146 all over the place by lifting off very fun car to drive and your Coop is basically the same underneath too.
    that baby was welded to the tarmac and much more aero dynamic than the 145, had full koni set up, my mate said it was as good if not better in the bends than his 2005 sti scooby. fvckin loved that coop
    Last edited by dec11; 10-13-2011 at 01:02 PM.

DCI
    I had KW V2's on my car the thing didn't move of a back road was mint.

JV that's a Detomasso Pantera very cool, italian style and american power. I know a guy over here who has one and a GT Ford too.

Most people in the US have never heard of it. Except older car guys that wanted one in the early 70s. I put up a vague shot of it thinking you wouldn't know what it was.

DCI
    Sat in you're mans one before very cool. I'm into Italian cars. There are some great write up's about them. Very cool car to have and they worth a fortune too. Looks well in orange to be honest.

I like them because they have soul. They were designed, put into production and shipped in less than a year...and the first cars had problems. They really were a supercar when released, but the problems (long since fixed) always hurt their rep. New safety laws and the gas crunch meant they would no longer be sold in the US after '74. That makes them rare here, even thought they continued to sell forever around the globe.

They are a lot like driving a Viper. Mine makes over 500hp and has plenty of grip...until it breaks loose and kills you.

Mine was white when I got it (and check out the car behind it, although it will be hard to see in this small pic):

I was nervous about going orange, but it turned out nice. I think I am going back to the original wheels, but painted dark grey.:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I like them because they have soul. They were designed, put into production and shipped in less than a year...and the first cars had problems. They really were a supercar when released, but the problems (long since fixed) always hurt their rep. New safety laws and the gas crunch meant they would no longer be sold in the US after '74. That makes them rare here, even thought they continued to sell forever around the globe.

They are a lot like driving a Viper. Mine makes over 500hp and has plenty of grip...until it breaks loose and kills you.

Mine was white when I got it (and check out the car behind it, although it will be hard to see in this small pic):

I was nervous about going orange, but it turned out nice. I think I am going back to the original wheels, but painted dark grey.:
    looks nice, did she come with it? lol

A lot of my photos are from rallies with girls at each stop, or photo shoots. Most of the shots of my car have chicks in them.

DCI
    I know a lot about the Detomasso you're man who has one over here has a big thread on one of the car sites telling all about them. They are meant to be bought out and are meant to be building more of them supposedly but how ture that is, is another thing. I buy one of the Italian car mags imo everymonth over here Auto Italia they have some cool write ups about all Italian cars. You upgraded the engine ya in your's?

I think the car in the first pic is a Gallardo maybe? Or another Lambo hard to make out. Ye have a great car scene in the US

trix1000 is offline Junior Member
    I can't drive for sh1t. Im a horrible driver and even worse as a passenger. Plus I hate cars anyway. If it wasn't for rain and snow I would never drive.

But those are some sweet cars.

I know a lot about the Detomasso you're man who has one over here has a big thread on one of the car sites telling all about them. They are meant to be bought out and are meant to be building more of them supposedly but how ture that is, is another thing. I buy one of the Italian car mags imo everymonth over here Auto Italia they have some cool write ups about all Italian cars. You upgraded the engine ya in your's?

I think the car in the first pic is a Gallardo maybe? Or another Lambo hard to make out. Ye have a great car scene in the US
    Are you talking about the black GT4 owned my Laslo? It is popular over there. If that is the one you are talking about, it is an awesome car. Detomaso has new owners, and they say they are releasing their SUV soon, and they are supposed to show a new Pantera design later this year. I am psyched. But, the economy is a mess in Europe and nobody knows if they will be able to actually build cars.

Mine has been stroked to 400, big cam, high-compression, etc. Not stock.

The car to the right of mine is a Gallardo, but I was referring to the car on the left. It was a kid with a cool Alfa. You don't see a lot of those here:

Trix - I used to have a sport bike, and it ruined me because I wanted the same thrill driving as I did riding. That is hard to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas

Are you talking about the black GT4 owned my Laslo? It is popular over there. If that is the one you are talking about, it is an awesome car. Detomaso has new owners, and they say they are releasing their SUV soon, and they are supposed to show a new Pantera design later this year. I am psyched. But, the economy is a mess in Europe and nobody knows if they will be able to actually build cars.

The car to the right of mine is a Gallardo, but I was referring to the car on the left. It was a kid with a cool Alfa. You don't see a lot of those here:

Trix - I used to have a sport bike, and it ruined me because I wanted the same thrill driving as I did riding. That is hard to do.
    Hope you don't mind but I saved that pic you posted nice wheels n the chick ain't to bad lookin either lmao

DCI

Love them GTV6's buddy has one over here. A car that was miles ahead of it's time. Them early Busso V6 engines where great and sounded epic not fast by modern standards but they just handle so well not much will keep with them on a back road. There was Callaway GTV's in America very cool cars Turbo'd and all. You like you're Italian gear I can see.

Europe will calf very soon. It's going to go massively tits up. I saw the renderings too of that new Pantera.

Trix - I used to have a sport bike, and it ruined me because I wanted the same thrill driving as I did riding. That is hard to do.[/QUOTE]

Nothing like it man. I don't have to tell you lol. No one side seat driven or your chick telling you to slow down.
    There's no such thing as traffic. (white lines)
    Cops are crazy if they think they can keep up. No worries flip plate. Never ride without a lid, always tinted, a long sleeve shirt to cover tats... ID purposes lol
    And a snatch magnet.

I live in the Tri-state area so they don't have air support like you guys have.
    I got stopped on HWY15 after being tracked by a Small airplane.
    Crazy sh1t man. Cop was cool after he stopped me for doin 97 in a 70. Only marked me for 16 ova so I wouldn't have to extend my VACA for a court appearance.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-3866910952.jpg 
Views:	487 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	117260

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trix1000 View Post
    I can't drive for sh1t. Im a horrible driver and even worse as a passenger. Plus I hate cars anyway. If it wasn't for rain and snow I would never drive.

But those are some sweet cars.
    i too am a two wheeler my friend, but im kinda missing driving a fast car atm after selling my coop.

i'll ride a bike in any weather

Quote Originally Posted by dec11
    i too am a two wheeler my friend, but im kinda missing driving a fast car atm after selling my coop.

i'll ride a bike in any weather
    I would ride in any whether also if I had someone to wash all the damn chrome after evey ride lol

Blog Entries
    Love them GTV6's buddy has one over here. A car that was miles ahead of it's time. Them early Busso V6 engines where great and sounded epic not fast by modern standards but they just handle so well not much will keep with them on a back road. There was Callaway GTV's in America very cool cars Turbo'd and all. You like you're Italian gear I can see.

Europe will calf very soon. It's going to go massively tits up. I saw the renderings too of that new Pantera.
    very nice, i noticed gtv cups are going very cheap now, on pistonheads in the UK and standard v6's are dirt cheap

Blog Entries
    I would ride in any whether also if I had someone to wash all the damn chrome after evey ride lol
    thats what i like about the fireblade, hardy bast@rds lol

If I was going to buy an every day driver- Subaru wrx awd. Cause the winters are getting bad and I think that lil thing might work in the snow. Any body ever drive one?

DCI
    very nice, i noticed gtv cups are going very cheap now, on pistonheads in the UK and standard v6's are dirt cheap
    Well this is one from the 80's man. Ya but the GTv's are like your coop man but they are slower. But the engine noise is savage Great cars imo. Like a 145 with a V6

Hope you don't mind but I saved that pic you posted nice wheels n the chick ain't to bad lookin either lmao
    No problem. There are countless shots of my car (including those) on Flickr and all over the internet.

Blog Entries
    Well this is one from the 80's man. Ya but the GTv's are like your coop man but they are slower. But the engine noise is savage Great cars imo. Like a 145 with a V6
    touted as the best 3ltr v6 ever produced, and not that much slower than a 20vt.

Blog Entries
    If I was going to buy an every day driver- Subaru wrx awd. Cause the winters are getting bad and I think that lil thing might work in the snow. Any body ever drive one?
    see, that would be classed as sports end here and def not a daily driver. my gfriends brother is a mech and he told me to never ever even consider one, he says they had a never ending stream of them coming into the garage, mainly knackered turbos and clutches giving up early. they're also a pig to work on which = big labour costs, (700e clutch change iirc). on the other hand a mate has an sti and has never had any trouble but then he hardly drives the fvckin thing and does so like a pensioner when he does!

Blog Entries
    I had KW V2's on my car the thing didn't move of a back road was mint.

JV that's a Detomasso Pantera very cool, italian style and american power. I know a guy over here who has one and a GT Ford too.
    wheeler dealers are bound to feature one of these in the current american cars series, this week was a *sigh* delorean

DCI
    touted as the best 3ltr v6 ever produced, and not that much slower than a 20vt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvSNC8BweTc

Buddy has that exhaust on his GTA sounds epic. It is one of the best engines produced with a bit of work they can be at 300bhp fairly handy. Ya but if you mod the 20v it will have more power.

wheeler dealers are bound to feature one of these in the current american cars series, this week was a *sigh* delorean
    Yeh Deloren was a bit crap. Which car are you on about the GTV or something is it? I doubt they will do a Detomasso they are seriosu change 100k plus lol.

Blog Entries
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvSNC8BweTc

Buddy has that exhaust on his GTA sounds epic. It is one of the best engines produced with a bit of work they can be at 300bhp fairly handy. Ya but if you mod the 20v it will have more power.

Yeh Deloren was a bit crap. Which car are you on about the GTV or something is it? I doubt they will do a Detomasso they are seriosu change 100k plus lol.
    was on about that, fvckin hell, big money!! even that much in the US?

Blog Entries
    hard to believe the deloran was assembled in good old Norn Iron!! lol

You can get a widebody Pantera for probably $50k and up. These cars are all so different that prices vary wildly. Imagine the difference between a stock, survivor car and a car with lots of upgrades, fresh paint, lots of care and a built motor. One could sell for double the other. The rule with the Pantera is to buy the most expensive, best example you can afford, because fixing up a beater cost a lot more than buying one in good shape unless you are a professional mechanic or own a body shop. One sold for $100k at Barrett Jackson a while ago, but I think it was a sham. It was owned my the designer of the car, but he only owned it for a little while, and only to sell it. No real history.

I love the DeLorean's looks, but what a crap performer. There is a guy here in Vegas that dropped the turbo V8 from a wrecked Lotus Esprit into his. It is pretty nice.

I have wanted an early 70s Alfa GTV. I LOVE those! There are not a lot of them here. There is a beautiful one for sale right now for $10k that I would snap up if I had the cash.

DCI
    was on about that, fvckin hell, big money!! even that much in the US?
    Yep, this chap that owns the one over here has serious buses.

hard to believe the deloran was assembled in good old Norn Iron!! lol
    Ya it was mad to think that it was built in NI man. Shame they put a shit engine in it

You can get a widebody Pantera for probably $50k and up. These cars are all so different that prices vary wildly. Imagine the difference between a stock, survivor car and a car with lots of upgrades, fresh paint, lots of care and a built motor. One could sell for double the other. The rule with the Pantera is to buy the most expensive, best example you can afford, because fixing up a beater cost a lot more than buying one in good shape unless you are a professional mechanic or own a body shop. One sold for $100k at Barrett Jackson a while ago, but I think it was a sham. It was owned my the designer of the car, but he only owned it for a little while, and only to sell it. No real history.

I love the DeLorean's looks, but what a crap performer. There is a guy here in Vegas that dropped the turbo V8 from a wrecked Lotus Esprit into his. It is pretty nice.

I have wanted an early 70s Alfa GTV. I LOVE those! There are not a lot of them here. There is a beautiful one for sale right now for $10k that I would snap up if I had the cash.
    As with all classic Italian car generally unless you' have a pile of money and time the more expensive the better generally if you have the eye to notice wether the car is dirt or not haha.

Alfa's make good money over in the US since they haven't been back there since early 90's I saw a few on the west coast when I was there. San Fran and San Diego seem to have a few of them. I'd say you will see Fiat and Alfa back in the US now that they run GM.

Blog Entries

unless it has been 100% rebuilt and maintained you'd be buying a 10,000 money pit, trust me, i was well and truly alfalised!!!

DCI
    Shut you're filthy mouth Dec. Them earlier V6 engines are bullet proof. And alot of the American lads on the American Alfa forum have all the part you need to modernise and fix the car.

Blog Entries
    Shut you're filthy mouth Dec. Them earlier V6 engines are bullet proof. And alot of the American lads on the American Alfa forum have all the part you need to modernise and fix the car.
    dont listen to DC, he really drives a volvo, ive seen him

DCI
    I've seen you in your coop before with your shades on ya homo Ovlvos Are great cars too, drift tramps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information