Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Steve83 is offline New Member

What are some hot wheels/rims for a Gunmetal Grey NissanR32 Skyline GTS-T 1993 model?

Having the biggest headache looking for new rims for my Gunmetal Grey Nissan R32 Skyline GTS-T 1993 model.

Any suggestions on some rims that would look sick on it?

FIRE AWAY!

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Volk TE-37 is always a great choice!

Volk TE37

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Do not do the the TE 37's everyone has them. A nice set of BBS LM's looks class on them or even a set of OZ Ultraleggeras will suit it imo.

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    up to you, everyone will have their own taste

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    ADV10 Deep Concave

EDIT: Wasn't paying attention to the model. Was thinking new. I wish it was easier to own the Skylines in the US.
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 10-12-2011 at 11:47 AM.

DCI
    We have loads over here wanna buy some

Quote Originally Posted by Damien_C View Post
    Do not do the the TE 37's everyone has them. A nice set of BBS LM's looks class on them or even a set of OZ Ultraleggeras will suit it imo.
    LOL like BBS' and OZ' arent everywhere also!

DCI
    Yeh but there not so common over here didn't realise they were in america.

He's in Australia though...who knows whats common in Australia?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    ADV10 Deep Concave

EDIT: Wasn't paying attention to the model. Was thinking new. I wish it was easier to own the Skylines in the US.
    they're everywhere in ireland, i think they look like big fvckin tubs but thats just my opinion. im much more into mr2 turbo's or fto's when it comes to jap cars

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto View Post
    He's in Australia though...who knows whats common in Australia?
    i thought the big engined Holdens were all the rage over there

DCI
    So did or Starbos running big power.

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    they're everywhere in ireland, i think they look like big fvckin tubs but thats just my opinion. im much more into mr2 turbo's or fto's when it comes to jap cars
    I have several friends with the new ones, but the old ones never came here. There are just a limited amount of grey market cars available. Many of them came through a company that faked crash tests and didn't do the mods needed to make them meet American safety laws. Those cars will periodically be purchased by someone, moved to another state and are denied registration and title. Every once in a while ICE rolls a tow truck to someone's house and just takes their Skyline.

Blog Entries
    I have several friends with the new ones, but the old ones never came here. There are just a limited amount of grey market cars available. Many of them came through a company that faked crash tests and didn't do the mods needed to make them meet American safety laws. Those cars will periodically be purchased by someone, moved to another state and are denied registration and title. Every once in a while ICE rolls a tow truck to someone's house and just takes their Skyline.
    the new ones are diff kettle of fish, i def have one, monster of a car!!!

i have a prob with newer cars, most lack soul, im def stuck in a 90's retro type car style, sporting alfas, fto's etc. infact im seriously thinking of buying another fto cheap and make a project out of it.

thats scandalous with the skys over there, you'd be mighty pissed at having it confiscated!

thing that puts me of skys here is that they all seem to have side skirts and bumper aprons that sit out way further than the alloys, i think its just ugly looking, they need big fvck off wide deep dish wheels

I am a big fan of the R34. The others look like variations of common Nissans...but the GT-R R34 was a great looking car. I wish I could find a stock one. I would just do mild updates. I am not a fan of the overdone bodykits.

That is exactly what i want... Deep dish rims but I keep getting told that they dont fit on my car. Even though I see them on other R32's...I dont get it.

the new ones are diff kettle of fish, i def have one, monster of a car!!!

i have a prob with newer cars, most lack soul, im def stuck in a 90's retro type car style, sporting alfas, fto's etc. infact im seriously thinking of buying another fto cheap and make a project out of it.

thats scandalous with the skys over there, you'd be mighty pissed at having it confiscated!

thing that puts me of skys here is that they all seem to have side skirts and bumper aprons that sit out way further than the alloys, i think its just ugly looking, they need big fvck off wide deep dish wheels

Holdens kinda are the rage over here if your a massive bogan (Auzzie for Red Neck)

They are coming out with nice ones though lately as they have taken the sameish shape as the BMW but on roids! haha

I dont why people knock the R32's. They are sick!! You guys just must have all the bombs over there. Mine is sweet... bout to stick a R34 turbo motor in mine. JUST NEEDS SOME NICE RIMS!!

I like the TE's just wish you could get them more deep dish on the back. Like the racing style though... You can get them in Chrome?

Volk TE-37 is always a great choice!

I actually like the Konig Afterburners Chrome or Chrome with Rainbow rim but they dont sell them anymore

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    http://www.tempetyres.com.au/product...=&part_no=1180

I used to have a GTR with similar to these. Looked Hot.

These ones look good too http://www.tempetyres.com.au/product...=&part_no=2235

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve83 View Post
    Holdens kinda are the rage over here if your a massive bogan (Auzzie for Red Neck)

They are coming out with nice ones though lately as they have taken the sameish shape as the BMW but on roids! haha

I dont why people knock the R32's. They are sick!! You guys just must have all the bombs over there. Mine is sweet... bout to stick a R34 turbo motor in mine. JUST NEEDS SOME NICE RIMS!!
    supras are another common one here, god they are ugly!!!

my mate had an r32, he was getting 13 miles per gallon normal driving, he didnt keep it very long lol

i love the 350z's, they have everything, power, looks, naturally aspirated reliability
    Last edited by dec11; 10-13-2011 at 04:47 AM.

DCI
    Dec man get a 2.5 V6 156 and do a poor mans GTA on it Or buy my 156 and fit youre coop engine to it Sleeper

I'd love an R32 buddy of mine has a 600bhp one and it's redicualously fast. There's a starlet over here that does 10.4 1/4 miles and has 512bhp outta a 1.5 5E engine in it.

Blog Entries
    Dec man get a 2.5 V6 156 and do a poor mans GTA on it Or buy my 156 and fit youre coop engine to it Sleeper

I'd love an R32 buddy of mine has a 600bhp one and it's redicualously fast. There's a starlet over here that does 10.4 1/4 miles and has 512bhp outta a 1.5 5E engine in it.
    nope, me and italy are done im afraid, lovely cars but just too fvcking brittle, the money i spent on my 145 cloverleaf and fiat coupe would have bough me a bloody car!!! back to jap i go

DCI
    You are a homo, you just got bad ones

Would that be Motorex? I tried to buy one through them quite a few years ago and they directed me to some guy who wanted me to send him $60k RIGHT NOW without seeing the car or anything. LOL.

DCI
    Yeh, I heard all the skylines where crushed etc

Blog Entries
    You are a homo, you just got bad ones
    they're all fvckin bad lol. id have another just to look at on the drive

DCI
    they're all fvckin bad lol. id have another just to look at on the drive
    Again homo I drive mine all the time never get any trouble from it. The old man has a V6 166 and that has 116k miles on it and it is mint.

supras are another common one here, god they are ugly!!!

my mate had an r32, he was getting 13 miles per gallon normal driving, he didnt keep it very long lol

i love the 350z's, they have everything, power, looks, naturally aspirated reliability
    I love the Supra, and they can make insane power. Too bad most of them have been brutalized by the tuners.

13 mpg isn't bad. My car gets 8 mpg...obviously it isn't a daily.

I like the 350s and 370s as well. I actually run with the local Z club a lot. I do a lot of drives with the exotic guys, but they don't drive their cars enough.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i love the 90's supra. i always wanted one but had a 300zx tt.

Would that be Motorex? I tried to buy one through them quite a few years ago and they directed me to some guy who wanted me to send him $60k RIGHT NOW without seeing the car or anything. LOL.
    Yup, those guys were shady. Going from memory, they used R33 crash data for both the R33 and R34 and when the government found out they say all the R34s were invalid. Then it was discovered that they didn't make any of the modifications required on some of the cars. Eventually, they sort of grandfathered in the remaining cars, but in the past few years owners have had a lot of problems.

Read the story if you have a little time. It is a good one.

DCI
    There is a class Supra in England

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEJ9DiBp3k

Boom it looks class aswell

Yup, those guys were shady. Going from memory, they used R33 crash data for both the R33 and R34 and when the government found out they say all the R34s were invalid. Then it was discovered that they didn't make any of the modifications required on some of the cars. Eventually, they sort of grandfathered in the remaining cars, but in the past few years owners have had a lot of problems.

Read the story if you have a little time. It is a good one.
    I used to hang out with some Jamaicans down here that were heavy into the street scene (before the movies ruined everything), they literally brought GTRs from Jamaica on boats and drove them onto land in someones back yard...no customs, registration or anything and would just drive them around like that.

Funny story. Once we were all driving on the highway, going about 80 mph, screwing around and what not...one of the Jamaican R32 GTRs was a few cars ahead of me. A cop got behind us and attempted to pull all of us over. The GTR took off, was GONE. So I pulled over (he was already infront of me at this point, couldn't make a run for it)...apparently he thought my car was the GTR and gave me all kinds of tickets. We tried explaining that the car was the same color, but not the same car...he replied "I don't care, it's like shooting fish in a barrel, I'll take what I can get"

Damn.

DCI
    What's the deal with tickets etc? Do ye not get points on you're license or go court etc?

What's the deal with tickets etc? Do ye not get points on you're license or go court etc?
    Of course you get points! In FL if you get 12 points in 12 months your license gets suspended. Upon getting a ticket you can do one of three things: pay it, pay it and go to traffic school if eligible and get no points (I'm not, you need a rather good record for this), and the third is go to court and fight it (I always fight it with a lawyer). The only other circumstance is if you are charged with a criminal act, like reckless driving (20+ mph over the limit) or something more serious then you HAVE to go to court.

DCI
    Lol, glad I wasn't caught over in the US when I was driving on the highway doing about 100+ the whole time. We sat at that speed the whole time. Thankfully we didn't

There's a few GTR's over here that would outrun the helicopters the cops have haha.

We have points here but anything above 100mph would have you banned instantly off the road. And they last for 3 years.

Blog Entries
    I love the Supra, and they can make insane power. Too bad most of them have been brutalized by the tuners.

13 mpg isn't bad. My car gets 8 mpg...obviously it isn't a daily.

I like the 350s and 370s as well. I actually run with the local Z club a lot. I do a lot of drives with the exotic guys, but they don't drive their cars enough.
    its horrendous for this part of the world mate

Blog Entries
    There is a class Supra in England

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEJ9DiBp3k

Boom it looks class aswell
    mitsi 3000gt or gto's were much better looking cars i reckon

Blog Entries
    Again homo I drive mine all the time never get any trouble from it. The old man has a V6 166 and that has 116k miles on it and it is mint.
    i agree the engines are good its all the other stuff around them that isnt, you need to budget around 1000 a year to keep a coop on the road. i had my 25,000 mile 145 cloverleaf for 2mths when it needed a 650 + vat steering rack fitted

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information