Terinox is offline The One & Only

Computer Related Question For You Computer Related People

Okay, here it is, serious question, no flaming like in the other flame thread

Okay, so I was looking through my folders, and checking things to delete, and kinda clean up the drive. Anywho, in my main partitian, under "Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temp" there are TONS of files. Almost 2 gigs worth of junk (or at least I think it is junk). Anyways, I did a search on www.deja.com and other people have this same problem, and some people say it's okay to delete this folder on a regular basis, but i'm not 100% sure and don't want to end up deleting anything important.

Also, I use Ad-Aware for getting rid of spyware, and it works great and all, but is there a good program I can download which will get rid of these "TEMP" files which keeps getting saved. Some are kinda weird ass files, for example "MP3_GAMES.TMP" and this file is 593 megs big. BUT, the reason I'm not sure if it's important or not, is because I have another disk partitian CALLED "mp3_games" and I wasn't sure if it's related, and has something to do with it.

Any help is appreciated,
    Thnx,
    T.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    you can delete this stuff - and it is probably safer to anyway - windows has copies of stuff, most of the pics on web pages, etc that you have used recently so that it makes surfing or computing faster - clean it out is fine if you are low on space - you can also limit the total space your temp files take up, just set it lower

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Good question bro....take cycleon's advice, he is correct on this matter....that's why it's called the "TEMP" folder, duh

roch is offline Member
    I set mine to zero so it doesnt store any temp documents.

Thanks guys, I will delete the files then. And Cyc, if this screws up my computer some how, you'll have a very very angry pony on your hands

Maximus_Pecs is offline Associate Member
    Terinox,

I use Webroots Window Washer to clean tempfiles, cookies, etc. Windwows Nt4,2000, and XP store temp files in many different locations. It also allows you to overwrite temp files so that they can not be retreived at a later time. I'm extremly anal about my computers as it my career and i thought my computers were rather clean. After running this it removed 1GB of junk form my hard drive.

Heres a link for info

http://www.webroot.com/wb/products/w...sher/index.php

Originally posted by Maximus_Pecs
    Terinox,

I use Webroots Window Washer to clean tempfiles, cookies, etc. Windwows Nt4,2000, and XP store temp files in many different locations. It also allows you to overwrite temp files so that they can not be retreived at a later time. I'm extremly anal about my computers as it my career and i thought my computers were rather clean. After running this it removed 1GB of junk form my hard drive.

Heres a link for info

http://www.webroot.com/wb/products/w...sher/index.php
    Thanks for the info bro. Did you buy that program? Or does the demo version "Try Before You Buy" good enough to use, or does it expire? Did you download it and crack it?

The trial expires I think in thirity days, although I have never tired it. I beleive it just comes in a trial and full retail version so there is no crack.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    oh theres always a crack!

Very true I've just never looked as the retail version is pretty easy to find on warez sites.

Thread Information