Covey is offline Junior Member

Girls!! Maybe you can help?

Ok I know a lot of you dont care about girl problems with members here. But I am feeling pretty shitty and it would make me feel better to tell this to someone since I dont really have anybody to go to. This girl and I have dated since 8th grade. We both just grad from HS and we both are planning on going to University of Alabama this fall. So anyways being as dumb as a dip shit I am I have some pride and and the great idea that I can do better. SO I tell her I think we should start to date other people. Anways to make a long story short. I made a huge mistake by not staying with her and now it is killing me. I want to get back toether with her but she now has a new bf. How do I work around that. She told me that "she will always love me but she doesnt think she can give me her heart again" is that a fuck off loser line or what? Any help of advice would be great so feel free to tell me what you think. Thanx

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Bro, you broke her heart, so she is mad at you and heart broken, she probably loves you a whole lot more then her new bf. SInce i I watched to many romantic movie, Id say dont give up. If you love the girl, keep on going. Tell her that she is your true and only love and that you made a mistake. I dont know how it will work out between you too, but it reminds me of that movive " Love and basketball"...after a few years apart they ended up togeter, oh i'm mummbling here...ok i guess i need to get back to my pipe...good luck

peace

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    this will probably sound crazy..but.. move on...date others and keep dating them....just don't do anything that would piss off your "ex" until you're sure you've really moved on....i've been there, i've been with my husband since we were 15...with the exception of 3..count em 3, little episodes where we thought we were goin our seperate ways....if your girl is smart, she's with this guy and givin you grief ..wether she means it or not...it's her heart you just played with man. so...you thought you wanted this, my advice is to really honestly go out and see what you were missin or thought you were missin...you'll learn alot about yourself and you'll really find out if you were missin much....all that crap about if you're ment to be it'll be...well it's crap but it was true for me, if you guys are really supposed to be together, date now so you're not wondering after you really hook up

my7169 is offline Female Member
    It sounds like you broke her heart, and that is a hard thing to get over sometimes.

Give it some time, don't give up. Let her know that you made a mistake,maybe you were scared or just not thinking straight at the time. At least let her know that you do care and where and would like to see things go. Don't stop talking to her, invite her to go something with you. You never know what might happen. If she really loves you and she wants to be with you she will.

Sometimes being apart from someone makes both of you realize just how much you really wanted or want to be with that person. If you two were meant to be together it will all work out.

I hope everything works out for you.

It must be that time of year everyone i know is going the same thing me included.

Keep Smiling
    BUG

"Yesterday is gone, live for today, because tomorrow may never come"

MinnieMe is offline Female Member

Question Hey COVEY!!!!

Are you dieing inside because you're not with anyone and she is...???....i mean....if you didn't mean saying "i think we should date other people".....then why did you say to begin with..... ....regardless.. what's done is done.....and all you can do is LIVE AND LEARN FROM IT!......now what i would be focusing on at this point, is just being her friend......and seeing what comes out of that ...Good luck......

MM

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Oh, this is a chicks thread, what the hell was i thinking posting here last night...shit.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I be no "chick." But I'm still gonna give my opinion.

Something like that is damn tuff, especially after being together for such a long time! I mean you must have talked about your relationship many times, and you both must have known how much you loved each other correct?!

If this was "THE" girl to begin with, you did an awful mistake breaking it off in the first place. You should have thought this through, but too late for that now isn't it?

What you need to do is try and find out how serious she is about the new boyfriend. Does she really like him? A girls heart is not a toy, and you can't just keep playing with it. It's some serious shit, and she might not be willing to just come back to you and risk having this all happen 5 years from now. IF AND ONLY IF you really want her, and are 100% sure this is the girl you want to be with, then you must sit her down when you get a chance, and REALLY talk to her, seriously pour out all your feelings, tell her how stupid you were in the past, and that every day you have been apart all you can do is think about her, and your life is meaningless without her by your side!!

Maybe if you lucky, she will take you back because she still has feelings for you. BUT, there are others involved here too, and her new boyfriend is a person too, and he has feelings too you know, and there is no way of you knowing how much he loves your ex!!!
    Last edited by Terinox; 04-04-2003 at 03:25 PM.

peam is offline Suspended
    I say you need to give her time. It's really the only way that her heart will heal. Tell her you made a mistake and want to be with her... she probably won't want you now... but let her know you'll be waiting for her when she is ready. Then again... sometimes you've just gotta move on and not wait. But I would wait. I think I just confused you more than helped you. Sorry

BlocRoc is offline Member
    You screwed the Pooch.......Learn from it and realize that life isnt about happy endings where the guy on the white horse gets the girl that he's after.

You walked away from the relationship, weren't man enough to talk about what you were feeling (or thought you were feeling) with her, and now she's doing whatever it takes to get over you, and yes she will get over you.......Seems you'll have a hard time getting over her.

Why am I being so negative. Because it happens to us all and we all learn from it.

L8

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    Anyway you look at it, it's going to be tough. However, you are going to the University of Alabama bro....two days on that campus and you will forget her...you're young...be free....she will always be there....just don't be a dick to her and still be her friend.....trust me it will be easier once you get to college....ALOT EASIER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigtraps is offline Member

Re: Hey COVEY!!!!

Originally posted by MinnieMe
    Are you dieing inside because you're not with anyone and she is...???....i mean....if you didn't mean saying "i think we should date other people".....then why did you say to begin with..... ....regardless.. what's done is done.....and all you can do is LIVE AND LEARN FROM IT!......now what i would be focusing on at this point, is just being her friend......and seeing what comes out of that ...Good luck......

MM
    This one knows what she is talking about...Go with that.

MinnieMe is offline Female Member

Re: Re: Hey COVEY!!!!

Originally posted by bigtraps

This one knows what she is talking about...Go with that.

M!nn!eMe

Cali is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by mnkc
    this will probably sound crazy..but.. move on...date others and keep dating them....just don't do anything that would piss off your "ex" until you're sure you've really moved on....i've been there, i've been with my husband since we were 15...with the exception of 3..count em 3, little episodes where we thought we were goin our seperate ways....if your girl is smart, she's with this guy and givin you grief ..wether she means it or not...it's her heart you just played with man. so...you thought you wanted this, my advice is to really honestly go out and see what you were missin or thought you were missin...you'll learn alot about yourself and you'll really find out if you were missin much....all that crap about if you're ment to be it'll be...well it's crap but it was true for me, if you guys are really supposed to be together, date now so you're not wondering after you really hook up
    I agree!

FireFighter is offline Associate Member
    You know what all of us can tell you what to do and how to feel man. Do what you think is right man. None of us can tell you what is going to happen. You never know man. She might come back she might not. Just do what you feel is right and all the power to ya man.

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    go to oprah, go to oprah...

Mr.Magoo is offline Junior Member
    Man I know how you feel. It's like one of these powerlifter guys reached into your chest and ripped out everything. After dating my girl for 2 1/2 years we split up for college. We are now 3 hrs apart. It took a lot of booze and 2 months for me to realize that I'm 21 and have my whole life to find a bitch to live with. You need to take time and live for yourself. I've dedicated my time to lifting and I'm getting swole. Now I have my pick of tons of hotties. Fuck that girl and her mind games. Get a new slut that looks better than her and all she will be is another number.

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    dude i think about doing the same thing that you did all the time but i know that if i break up with her all the girls that want me now woulnd't be around anymore.....and do you wanna know why? because i'd be single then and girls obviously are not into single guys.....

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    you're still young, plenty of other women out there.

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    it kinda sucks... but your 18 and you do need to experience some variety.... I say date around, but stay close to her.... your going to college and will enjoy haveing some freedome.....

Thread Information