Thread: Thailand

Flier is offline Productive Member

Thailand

Hi guys.

Taking my daughter to Thailand for 1 week this winter.
    Neither of us has been to Asia before,

Where do you suggest we go?
    Bankok
    Pattaya
    Phuket
    South-Thailand
    .....???

Thanks

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Just curious why would you take your daughter to that country? You happen to be there for business or does she want to go?

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    Usually when I go to Pattaya I am ridin them hard and putting them away wet. Not sure where to go for something you are looking to do tourism type stuff. It is cool just to experience another country no matter where you go.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Flier View Post
    Hi guys.

Taking my daughter to Thailand for 1 week this winter.
    Neither of us has been to Asia before,

Where do you suggest we go?
    Bankok
    Pattaya
    Phuket
    South-Thailand Not a good Idea at all
    .....???

Thanks
    First how old is your daughter and what does she like to do on vacation? I can assist you as I usually go to Thailand 3-4 times a year.

Phuket-wonderful beaches aand an overall relaxed atmosphere
    BKK- Great shopping and sightseeing venues all over the city. If you want it BKK has it.
    Pattaya- IMHO is no place for a family Bottom line
    Southern Thailand is not a safe place to go due to all the extremists and rebel fighters in the area. Many kidnappings happen in the south weekly.
    Last edited by wmaousley; 01-03-2012 at 12:45 AM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you are taking your daughter stay away from Pattaya. BK for tourism and shopping. Phuket or any of the islands for beaches and other stuff. Pattaya is only good for having single adult type fun, not family tourism.

Visit the temples in BKK, do the river market, elephant rides (go away from the city) and street markets.

I took my daughter with me to Philippines. She was treated like a rock star even more than I was normally. We had people; guys and girls asking to take pictures with her several times a day. LOL Maybe it was because of her rainbow colored hair?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    ^lovbyts knows his shit. he's lived in Asia more recentlyand alot longer than i have.

Thanks guys.

Just vacation.
    Maybe Thailand is a more popular tourist destination from Europe than the US. Here everybody rave about Thailand. And lots of families go.
    My daughter is 16.
    From what you write, Phuket or the islands sounds like itīs for us. I donīt like big city hustle or too many people. Hate tourists...especially Germans and Americans.....
    I will look into Phuket, and see what I find.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    ^lovbyts knows his shit. he's lived in Asia more recentlyand alot longer than i have.
    Yes, but ha has spent the vast majority of his time there in the red light districts. I donīt think he has even seen the beaches.
    The rumor is, sometimes he donīt see the sun for weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Flier View Post
    Yes, but ha has spent the vast majority of his time there in the red light districts. I donīt think he has even seen the beaches.
    The rumor is, sometimes he donīt see the sun for weeks...
    LOL well Ive spent a fair share of my time traveling with a GF and friends more than just playing in the red light district so to speak. Thailand has been advertised as a family vacation hot spot especially in Europe the last 8 years or so but if you speak to the people who have visit it's more than just a little misleading. I also know quite a few people who live their and they are always talking and LOL about the family tourist, especially in Pattaya. That's why I mentioned to mark it off your plans on places to visit. There really is nothing for you and your daughter or a significant other.

FYI I saw the sun most ever day, just as it was going down.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Phuket and Pi Pi islands were my favourite parts of Thailand. Everywhere else I found you would get the hard sell on everything. I'd definitely return to the islands!

Charly Rivers is offline Junior Member
    just google and make your own choice its all depend on what kind of activities you want t o do good luck

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Koh Samui is a good place to go to for a chill out holiday and if you like or want to try diving then it is ideal. Up north in Chiang Mai there are 1,2,and 3 day adventure treks which are very good and would be ideal for a girl of that age (and her dad)

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Get some She-boys.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    Get some She-boys.
    Get the terminology right!!! it's Lady boys.

I went to one of the big burlesque style shows there that is 100% lady boys. You would never know it if you didn't know ahead of time.

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Get the terminology right!!! it's Lady boys.

I went to one of the big burlesque style shows there that is 100% lady boys. You would never know it if you didn't know ahead of time.
    However you justify it we are OK with it.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life View Post
    However you justify it we are OK with it.
    Nothing to justify. I went to have a good time and I definitely did.

Sven7 is offline Junior Member
    If you're on gear, just stay the hell away from the saunas!

Zyzz joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sven7 View Post
    If you're on gear, just stay the hell away from the saunas!

Zyzz joke.
    Saunas? I didnt even know they have them in Thailand. I know about the plentiful massage places and Soapy baths.
    In Philippines they have some NICE massage outlets that also have dry and steam sauna you can use before or after your massage as well as hot tubs. Tea, showers and towel boy all for $8 - $10

Saunas? I didnt even know they have them in Thailand. I know about the plentiful massage places and Soapy baths.
    In Philippines they have some NICE massage outlets that also have dry and steam sauna you can use before or after your massage as well as hot tubs. Tea, showers and towel boy all for $8 - $10
    Never seen one or needed one for that matter, hell during certain times of the year Thailand is a big ass sauna.

Quote Originally Posted by wmaousley View Post
    Never seen one or needed one for that matter, hell during certain times of the year Thailand is a big ass sauna.
    LOL, that's very true. People use to think I was crazy because when it was mid 90s I would go for walks along the beach or from one end to the other end of walking street and beyond in shorts and a tank top just to get a good sweat going with only a bottle of water. Of course I also got a lot of offers on my walk to come in and cool off from a lot of locals.

LOL, that's very true. People use to think I was crazy because when it was mid 90s I would go for walks along the beach or from one end to the other end of walking street and beyond in shorts and a tank top just to get a good sweat going with only a bottle of water. Of course I also got a lot of offers on my walk to come in and cool off from a lot of locals.
    lmfao, My wife almost lost it a few times when the girls kept grabbing me to come into there bar in Nana. The Ladyboys were the worst about doing this, they would literally attack me.

Thanks for the replies.
    The only way to get there from here is charter (direct flight, 12 hours). However the flight is full that week (once/week flight) because of the national holiday.
    So we decided for Florida instead
    But Thailand is right up there on top of next destinations. And now I know where to go. Also, I need 2 weeks, not 1.
    ...the Ladyboys....I had an encounter once, drunk at an after hours party. I met this beautiful woman...that was not a woman. Fooled once, never twice!

Thread Information