Thread: Acoustic song

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

Acoustic song

In my opinion your not a good singer unless you can sing acoustically.

Some goodies

Coldplay- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkMGf2_NKvs
    Papa Roach - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avdSzSGgUtk
    Everlong - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eO_15bcZTq8
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    i like Aaron Lewis from Staind solo with accoustic guitar. Sounds great. I like when he plays Staind songs like that and I like his cover of Pearl Jam's Black.

MeatHead85 is offline Associate Member
    A good acoustic or rather more mellow version of it's original is "apology" by Alesana. If you look it up made sure it's the acoustic version. Both are amazing imo. It really shows the drastic talent that is much overlooked with hardcore music. Great listen.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The entire Alice in Chains unplugged album is amazing. I rate it in my top 3 unplugged albums ever. Maynard from tool has done some acoustic stuff with "a perfect circle" that's pretty good too. I used to like Staind, but they really started to suck when they went all mainstream.

Blog Entries
    Im a pretty big Dave Matthews fan as well. Plenty of good accoustic stuff there as well. A few bootlegs of small shows with him and Tim Reynolds both playing accoustic guitars are floating around- good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Im a pretty big Dave Matthews fan as well. Plenty of good accoustic stuff there as well. A few bootlegs of small shows with him and Tim Reynolds both playing accoustic guitars are floating around- good stuff.
    I'm not a huge fan of DMB, but I have heard the stuff and IMO Tim Reynolds is one of the best acoustic players out there.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of DMB, but I have heard the stuff and IMO Tim Reynolds is one of the best acoustic players out there.
    Yeah I often think when groups ir individuals do accoustic stuff it shows the guitarist's skills even more so than the singers.
    Another example is Kirk Hammett. Always knew he was a good guitarist but when I heard Metallica unplugged and they played Fade to Black and Four Horsemen his accoustic guitar playing ability took him to another level in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Yeah I often think when groups ir individuals do accoustic stuff it shows the guitarist's skills even more so than the singers.
    Another example is Kirk Hammett. Always knew he was a good guitarist but when I heard Metallica unplugged and they played Fade to Black and Four Horsemen his accoustic guitar playing ability took him to another level in my opinion.
    Well there's a good reason for that. Distortion, gain, delay, reverb, chorus, and everything else that goes into electric playing "covers up" any mistakes. You can get away with a lot more on electric than acoustic. Acoustic playing also has other obstacles you gotta work around like "action". With most acoustic guitar it's much harder to press strings so you have to be accurate and consistance in pressure to get the sound you need especially if you're doing a solo.

I've always been a Kirk Hammett Fan. I know a lot of people find him over-rated, but I've always enjoyed his stuff.

MeatHead85 is offline Associate Member
    Agreed Kirk is amazing! However, listen to the song I posted before. This is not about covering up but rather the true talent of some. If you listen to the original then the remake from a musical standpoint withholding your judgment on the type or style the true talent can shine through. One is extremely hard using his voice as a true instrument to produce such screams the other is same person as a great artist singing tter same song. Very good vocals.

Thread Information