Thread: i hate banks

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~

i hate banks

I bought my wife an expensive dress for new years as part of her christmas present. I used my debit card at the store and they told me it was declined. There was money in the account so i went to the bank took out cash and paid for the dress. Ends up the debit card transaction went through. So now i paid twice. I have faxed the receipt to chase 3 times now. And they keep saying the havent received it or it may be being processed to call back later. FML its alot of money and i need it back for other shit.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

rippedfromabove is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1
    I bought my wife an expensive dress for new years as part of her christmas present. I used my debit card at the store and they told me it was declined. There was money in the account so i went to the bank took out cash and paid for the dress. Ends up the debit card transaction went through. So now i paid twice. I have faxed the receipt to chase 3 times now. And they keep saying the havent received it or it may be being processed to call back later. FML its alot of money and i need it back for other shit.
    Go to the bank it self and demand to speak to manager. Sometimes the customer service sucks alot.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    That would piss me off big time.... Was it the shops fault? Was there card machine playing up... Call the branch where tha fax machine is and fax it when your ont he blower 2 them... Say, ive just faxed it, now pick it up and deal with it, Please

Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    That would piss me off big time.... Was it the shops fault? Was there card machine playing up... Call the branch where tha fax machine is and fax it when your ont he blower 2 them... Say, ive just faxed it, now pick it up and deal with it, Please
    it the number on the back of my card. The branches dont handle disputes. So i think the faxes goto an electronic que to my claim. Cause they told me it can take a few hours after i fax it for it to be "in the system"
    Yea i think the shop was trying to screw me.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    IMO Chase is the worst bank with the highest fees. closed my account years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    IMO Chase is the worst bank with the highest fees. closed my account years ago.
    i've always had better resolutions with them over bank of america

Eddie_m63 is offline Member
    The main problem here is he needs the money, all banks would do the same shyt. I mean the best way to make something happen is to go directly to you local branch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie_m63 View Post
    The main problem here is he needs the money, all banks would do the same shyt. I mean the best way to make something happen is to go directly to you local branch.
    fvck you aint kidding. This NYE weekend ended up at this point the most expensive weekend i ever had. The hotel charged me twice too. But they fixed it and credited me back so just waiting for it to hit my account. But right now im out about 2 grand

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    This happened to me at my store once. I had the customer show me that the money had cleared their account and once I verified it, I refunded the CC charge. It was back in their account within 48hrs....Much faster than having the bank handle it.

I don't think the store would be trying to screw you. It happens a lot and it's not the stores fault, it's the CC processor. They show declined, but it's really processed. Stores NEVER want charge backs....it can raise the rates they pay. I would go to the store you purchased the dress from. Either show them a printout showing that it pulled from your account, ask to use their computer and show them, or call your bank and put it on speakerphone. They should be happy to reverse the charge because you're saving them the chargeback.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    dispute the debit card transaction. bank should put it on hold, and release the funds when the merchant is unable to prove the transaction is legitimate

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    dispute the debit card transaction. bank should put it on hold, and release the funds when the merchant is unable to prove the transaction is legitimate
    Chase said the money should be back in my account by monday.

^ is that your woman's new dress ya got her?

...she seems so sparkley!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    ^ is that your woman's new dress ya got her?

...she seems so sparkley!
    yea thats it. It was see through with stones covering areas. The thing weighed like 5lbs

^ yeah, i was noticing that if i looked close, i could almost see "parts" through it. but well concealed in the right areas....

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Banks are positively useless. I got a smallish loan out before and I was young at the time only 18 it was to buy a new car cos I wrote off the one I had at the time. 18 need I say anymore lol So that was grand I had to get the mother to go gaurantour on it, that's grand got the mother to sign it all etc. So while being in the Managers office he said and this is not exaggerating about 15 times.

You must make sure you pay this loan off on time etc and that there are to be no missed payments etc. I yeh I know all this I have read the contract because if there is miss payments and late payments etc you run into penalties etc.

So that was all good I got my money lodged into the ac I needed it to go to and all the rest. Then about 3 weeks later I get a letter in the post saying I have missed 3 payments and now I am into penalty charges etc.

I was like WTF? So I checked the details on the AC number they where supposedly taking the money from. Bare in mind I only have one ac with the bank they managed to mess up the ac numbers on their side when filling out the details.

I mean come on you'd say something if I had loads of ac's but one and they still managed to make a complete balls of it. I was fit to kill after all the crap the manager said when I was getting the load his staff couldn't even organise the most basic of things.

So Gixxer like you I hate banks to, so I put all my money into the local Credit Unions as they are cheaper for loans and sound too and not completely inept.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I had a bank lose 27,000 dollars in a transfer to another bank overseas once....neither bank would take responsibility, I made a lot of noise daily....took around 6 weeks for the cash to show up....incompetent pricks.

holy shit. i would have gone to jail for assaulting someone in the bank

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    This kind of crap happens with Bank of America all of the time. It is really getting rediculous how the banks can continue to gouge thier customers.

Thread Information