Gym_ is offline Banned

Omfg thats disgusting !!!

No not some fat bloke in budgie smugglers ...
    Ive been having protein isolate last 2 months made from milk...
    Yesterday i bought 5kg of isolate made from soy...
    It if Fuuuuuukin.. decusting... it wont dissolve properly and it tastes and smells and looks like shit...
    Cost me 120 bucks no what the hell am i going to do.... have no choice but to try not to dry reach for 4 meals a day now for the next 4 weeks...

DAM IT !!!!!!!!!!

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    Good luck... I find soy protein has the same consistency as baby vomit. Kinda smells the same too.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Gym_ View Post
    No not some fat bloke in budgie smugglers ...
    Ive been having protein isolate last 2 months made from milk...
    Yesterday i bought 5kg of isolate made from soy...
    It if Fuuuuuukin.. decusting... it wont dissolve properly and it tastes and smells and looks like shit...
    Cost me 120 bucks no what the hell am i going to do.... have no choice but to try not to dry reach for 4 meals a day now for the next 4 weeks...

DAM IT !!!!!!!!!!
    Try and mask it with cinnamon and coffee in a blender. Men(especially in our game) should avoid all soy products at any cost. It's close to estrogen and can cause estrgen levels to rise to the point it can cause gyno.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by auslifta

Try and mask it with cinnamon and coffee in a blender. Men(especially in our game) should avoid all soy products at any cost. It's close to estrogen and can cause estrgen levels to rise to the point it can cause gyno.
    Interesting...
    I've heard this a few times but not sure how soy can increase estrogen. An explanation would be much appteciated.

I started drinking soy milk with my shakes a couple months back, wasn't aware of this correlation until recently.

If soy increases estrogen, would it also do this in females?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    could be worse mate!
    could actually be made from shit!

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Tell ya what Roman.. ill blind fold you and give you a glass of soy protein powder and a glass of shit... and get you to guess which one is which .. you will get it right because the shit will taste better then the soy.

Gym_

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Interesting...
    I've heard this a few times but not sure how soy can increase estrogen. An explanation would be much appteciated.

I started drinking soy milk with my shakes a couple months back, wasn't aware of this correlation until recently.

If soy increases estrogen, would it also do this in females?
    I'm not a fan of soy at the best of times, unless soy sauce on salmon/sushi.

exert;

The soy isoflavone genistein and daidzein are similar to 17 beta-estradiols, but are 100,000 times weaker in estrogenic activity and are therefore weak estrogens. Although these isoflavones are weak estrogens, people who eat a lot of it can have their blood level of isoflavones as mush as 10,000 times higher than those who do not consume soy. Over time, high concentrations of isoflavones in the body can have a significant cumulative estrogenic and toxic effect, especially when they are exposed to organs that have sensitive estrogen receptors sites such as the breast, uterus, and thyroid.

The Chinese and Japanese have known about the toxicity of soy for centuries. Soy contains a variety of toxic chemicals, which cannot be fully metabolized by the body, unless it undergoes a long cooking, or fermentation process. Unfermented soy contains phylates, which acts as an anti-nutrient and blocks the body's absorption of minerals from the gastro intestinal track. It also contains enzymes inhibitors that reduce protein digestion. Processed soy protein contains carcinogens such as nitrates, lysinoalanine, as well as a large group of anti-nutrients not found in traditional soy consumed in Asia. It also lacks calcium and causes a deficiency of vitamin D, both of which are not conducive for bone building.

Studies have shown that 30gram of unfermented soy consumed daily can affect thyroid function and is strongly linked to a host of auto immune diseases such as Hashimoto's thryoiditis as well as hypothyroidism.

Because estrogen is involved in the development of many unwanted disease including hormone sensitive cancers such as breast cancer, it is important to keep the estrogen level as low as possible in the body. Exposure to the estrogenic effect from soy, though weak, should be avoided in those who are at risk or , have symptoms of , or are in an estrogen dominance state. -ESPECIALLY DURING PCT IMO

http://www.drlam.com/opinion/soyandestrogen.asp

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gym_ View Post
    Tell ya what Roman.. ill blind fold you and give you a glass of soy protein powder and a glass of shit... and get you to guess which one is which .. you will get it right because the shit will taste better then the soy.

Gym_
    would it hurt your feelings too badly if I took a rain check? I think I'll be busy that day

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Good study aus n thx for the pm..

I've got another study I've just received from Swifto on males ingesting soy protein, 2 scoops/day for a month. It caused test production to lower by 20% while increasing estrogen levels.. I can post or pm if interested.

No more soy for this guy...

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Mix it with some whey. The first protein powder i ever used was zoneperfect and it was a whey/soy blend. Some soy along with whey isnt necessiarily a bad thing in your case as you do no carb and soy has less impact on blood sugar than whey does
    The soy/estrogen corrolation is far from difinative one way or another. I say a study that mirrored the result just mentioned and it was later shownn (and published) to be flawed as one subject was coming off a steroid cycle. When his results were removed the results shifted to a slight test increase. This could indicate a small serm like effect.
    Im not saying rush out and extensively and exclusively use soy - but based on my experience initially- the blend i used for 1-2 shakes a day had no adverse effects.
    Again im not touting it nor do i go out of my way to use it. I think auslifta put it best in a thread a while ago "why take the chance". Now if i had 10lbs of it - id mix it with whey in small amounts.
    Oh btw gym - blender is a must as im sure you now know!

awms is offline Senior Member
    I wont touch soy! It increases estrogen and it also inhibits the digestion of protein meaning the protein meal you eat after you have a shake doesnt get digested as well as it might have without the soy.

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Life just gets better by the day... it not only tastes like shit it gives you moobs .... FML !!!

Sailor Moon is offline Female Member
    sounds gross. No thank you.

MeatHead85 is offline Associate Member
    Learn something new everyday. Good to know and I will stay away from soy.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    I am not a fan of processed soy at all.

Thread Information