toothache is offline Senior Member

10lbs of Optimum Nutrition's protein for $1.22

I won. I bought a 100 bids for $25 and put them all on the 10lb bag of Optimum Nutrition protein using the bid buddy. It cost me 62 bids which is $15.50 + 1.22 = 16.72 total........................NOT BAD!!!!

Plus free shipping!!!!!!!!!!!!

PennySupps.com is like those other penny auction sites but with supplements only.

Now the question is if and when will they ship it. I will keep you all posted about the shipping time.

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Nice advertisement. Maybe if I whore it up Ill get some free protein too.

where do you see free?

Just thought others would like to get in on this if this turns out to be the real deal. You can pay with paypal so it's easily disputed if there's something shady going on.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    GoodLuck

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I just get my protein powder from costco when im in cali

$30 for 6 lbs

My concerns: Will it get shipped? If it does how long until I receive it? When I do receive it, will it be expired, defected or the wrong product altogether?

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I guess you'll find out

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Is it past the expiration date?
    A question worth asking.....

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    The website has something to do with a supplement site that I think they had a banner here in the past.. I ordered from then in like 2006 and the supps were fine then but that was a regular site..
    Last edited by DIESELPWR; 01-15-2012 at 08:54 PM.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELPWR View Post
    The website has something to do with ************ think they had a banner here in the past.. I ordered from then in like 2006 and the supps were fine then but that was a regular site..
    Can you please edit your post and remove the link. In retrospect the aution site may not even be allowed but a link to a reatiler that sells supps is definately not permitted. I will run the auction site url by admin/senior staff but this link is not permitted so id appreciate it if you would edit it out. Thank You.

For those seeking a supp site ouyr board sponsor is www.discountsupplements.com
    Sponsor or not their service and pricing is top tier for sure.

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    I just paid $39 for 6 lbs of Muscle Milk powder at Costco. Are you buying Muscle milk??

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Is muscle milk better than gold standard whey?

Gym_ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Armykid93 View Post
    Is muscle milk better than gold standard whey?

Muscle Milk Contains No Muscle & No Milk
    Last edited by Gym_; 01-16-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I put no faith into all those bids sites.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup

Can you please edit your post and remove the link. In retrospect the aution site may not even be allowed but a link to a reatiler that sells supps is definately not permitted. I will run the auction site url by admin/senior staff but this link is not permitted so id appreciate it if you would edit it out. Thank You.

For those seeking a supp site ouyr board sponsor is www.discountsupplements.com
    Sponsor or not their service and pricing is top tier for sure.
    Edited.. Sorry

Gym_ is offline Banned
    I swaer i need to use thats as a tag line for my posts ..

Muscle Milk Contains No Milk and fuk all Muscle

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    Lol good to know

toobigforyou is offline Associate Member
    Interesting....I might check it out.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    That Costco/Muscle Milk deal is incredible... Anyone know if Sam's Club has a similar deal?

Update: Got an email saying that my order is being processed.

Today is MLK Day so it won't get sent today.

oatmeal69 is offline Productive Member
    I get Dymatize Whey Protein Isolate - 10 lbs @ $72.89 shipped.
    The deal doesn't destroy the competition or anything, but the value is FAR better. Read the labels of Muscle Milk or other cheap powders vs. Dymatize or Species to see why.
    Species Nutrition's has the best nutrient profile available, but it's nearly twice the cost of Dymatize, which is nearly identical.

Sabotage is offline New Member
    This pennysupps sounds interesting...will be watching this thread for updates. Let's hope it's legit.

Standby is offline ~AR's Nice Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
    I just paid $39 for 6 lbs of Muscle Milk powder at Costco. Are you buying Muscle milk??
    my costco her and canada doesnt have stuff like muscle milk. what else you guys got in costco over there? i live on the boarder so i could go there and buy

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmm....i hope the chits still good.

What kind of protein is it?

Whey, Casein, Egg,...? ? ?

Sounds too cheap.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    Sites like this are a scam. They charge you for these bids and then get you to use them on products which they claim you can get an Apple Ipad for $10 or a 60" TV for $75. They are called penny auction sites and numerous ones have been busted using spambots or whatever they are called to monitor high end products and when the time is about to expire and you think you have one the page will refresh and you lost the product and I believe you also loose the money you spent on the bids. The biggest of these sites begins with a "Q" and if you research it you will find numerous complaints of people being ripped of and even on youtube is a video around 7 min long that shows you how the scam works. True you can get some stuff from them that they got dirt cheap from wholesalers or products that just couldn't sell and they bought at liquidation auctions, but in the end the brand name products you will not get unless you spend what you would at the store. No I have never used them but I know people who have and been ripped off.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    I am getting mine from Costco. Best price for the price and no cheap junk soy protein in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark
    Sites like this are a scam. They charge you for these bids and then get you to use them on products which they claim you can get an Apple Ipad for $10 or a 60" TV for $75. They are called penny auction sites and numerous ones have been busted using spambots or whatever they are called to monitor high end products and when the time is about to expire and you think you have one the page will refresh and you lost the product and I believe you also loose the money you spent on the bids. The biggest of these sites begins with a "Q" and if you research it you will find numerous complaints of people being ripped of and even on youtube is a video around 7 min long that shows you how the scam works. True you can get some stuff from them that they got dirt cheap from wholesalers or products that just couldn't sell and they bought at liquidation auctions, but in the end the brand name products you will not get unless you spend what you would at the store. No I have never used them but I know people who have and been ripped off.
    The site with the q charges you to join so idk if it's the same.. I tried the same thing the op did.. I could have gotten it cheaper but I bid too early but got ten pounds of opt nutrition gold standard for $50.. And got an email saying it was shipped, so if it was shipped and I get it, I couldn't have gotten ripped off that bad.. But we will see if I get it

To say this site is a scam is just ridiculous. I got my 10lbs of protein within 4 business days of winning. I've also have won protein bars and syntha 6 since then. I've spent a total of $50 on bids so far. Not bad for getting over $150 worth of products.

Sailor Moon is offline Female Member
    I love auction sites!! on a different auction site I got a Chee flat iron for only 30$ and they're expensive like 130$ I'll have to let my bf know about this one

i received mine very quickly too.. i will prob be better at it now that i understand a bit better... but got the 10 lbs opt nutrition in a few days shipped to my door for $50 so they r good to go

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by toothache View Post
    To say this site is a scam is just ridiculous. I got my 10lbs of protein within 4 business days of winning. I've also have won protein bars and syntha 6 since then. I've spent a total of $50 on bids so far. Not bad for getting over $150 worth of products.
    You've gotten lucky. 90% of them are scams. Many have been busted. Congrats on all of the cheap products. It seems you've found a reputable one

Walnutz is offline Member
    Love PennySupps. I also won some protein and myoplex drink. Both shipped within a few days.

baseball21 is offline New Member
    These penny auction sites aren't scams, you have to think about how much money they make. On the site that starts with a q they will sell an ipad for say $25? The way they make their money off the product is that every bid placed costs sixty cents, so when a dollar is bid, they make $60. Therefor if my math is correct (Which it may not be) they are making over one grand off all of the purchased bids that went into winning that ipad.

Thread Information