UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member

Man... this just might blow your mind

This video will definitely put things into a different perspective and perhaps make you understand a little more...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLv8c...&feature=share

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

UberSteroids is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    huh?

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    Bahaha

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well shit!!! That's gonna suck!!!

Sailor Moon is offline Female Member
    jeepers creepers, thats an intense video now isnt it.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    video is true.
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    i'm a registered Libertarian, and Paul supporter. However, I think the video is a little misleading. Iraq suffered horrible oppression, and not enjoy the same liberties/freedoms/economic benefits under Sadam as Americans are portrayed in the video. This is a biased oranges/apples comparison. But the Iraqi people are very tired of US involvement and we need to get the hell out of there.

Afghanistan is an entirely different situation, and probably closer to the spirit of the video. And we need to get the hell out of Afghanistan. These people do not have the mindset/education/culture/infrastrucutre/political system in place to maintain the type of nation we are trying to build here. We are throwing good money after bad, and I would be willing to bet our effective spend ratio is only 5% or less. the rest is probably waste. don't have the actual data here in front of me if there is data of this type in the public domain. but my gut tells me this is right.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Video's a little exaggerated but true.

Bring home the troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    i'm a registered Libertarian, and Paul supporter. However, I think the video is a little misleading. Iraq suffered horrible oppression, and not enjoy the same liberties/freedoms/economic benefits under Sadam as Americans are portrayed in the video. This is a biased oranges/apples comparison. But the Iraqi people are very tired of US involvement and we need to get the hell out of there.

Afghanistan is an entirely different situation, and probably closer to the spirit of the video. And we need to get the hell out of Afghanistan. These people do not have the mindset/education/culture/infrastrucutre/political system in place to maintain the type of nation we are trying to build here. We are throwing good money after bad, and I would be willing to bet our effective spend ratio is only 5% or less. the rest is probably waste. don't have the actual data here in front of me if there is data of this type in the public domain. but my gut tells me this is right.
    But we have bases in something like 40 countries. So what about all the others?

Quote Originally Posted by jasc View Post
    Video's a little exaggerated but true.

Bring home the troops.
    How is it exaggerated?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    But we have bases in something like 40 countries. So what about all the others?
    whew! good question GB. I would say we need a moderate size force in S Korea. Reactionary forces in Afghan/Iraq. Maybe a few bases towards eastern europe. (the russians are still opportunists, and not 100% trustable yet).

I'm thinking we could down grade in the phillipines. they have been a very faithful alli (sp?), but i think the china threat is not as great as we make it out to be.
    We should almost be able to pull out 100% from japan, if we haven't already. japan is no longer the regional super power they used to be, but still wealthy enough to be a deterent to china and north korea.

the rest of em we should be able to cut back or eliminate entirely.

we should NOT be the poli***an to the world. if anything, that would be a Nato/UN function.

we think so highly of ourselves, we are willing to shoulder all these responsibilities to the point of driving our economy into bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1

How is it exaggerated?
    Exaggerated may not have been the right word, but I think comparing a 3rd world country to texas is a bit of a stretch.
    As far as the invasions and how we treat them, the video is spot on. I have long been a suporter of pulling out of the middle east and can see why they hate us. (you'll notice I've mentioned this many times in past political posts) Though I can not consciously justify terrorism or what the extremists have done, I can see why they react as they do. If someone destroyed my home and killed my friends and family, I'd dedicate my life to getting even too.

Ugh.....where did this idea come from that all terrorists are created because the US did somebody wrong? I'm quite sure we've worn out our welcome in a few places but to assume that terrorists exist because we do so much evil is ridiculous. Lack of education and manipulation by brainwashing with lies by evil regimes is responsible for most of them. That video struck me a little sideways, almost seemed like he was disrespecting our forces, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one but he walked a tight line in order to make a point that isn't entirely true. I personally would like to see us out of the middle east altogether, right now but we don't need to be dramatic and border line untruthful to accomplish it......

^^^^ sweet! Can you do that with a picture of Obama?

Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    Ugh.....where did this idea come from that all terrorists are created because the US did somebody wrong? I'm quite sure we've worn out our welcome in a few places but to assume that terrorists exist because we do so much evil is ridiculous. Lack of education and manipulation by brainwashing with lies by evil regimes is responsible for most of them. That video struck me a little sideways, almost seemed like he was disrespecting our forces, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on this one but he walked a tight line in order to make a point that isn't entirely true. I personally would like to see us out of the middle east altogether, right now but we don't need to be dramatic and border line untruthful to accomplish it......
    i dont see how it disrespects our troops. Unfortanitly they dont get to decide where they go it the tards up top that do.
    i honestly think we created as most of our enemies by our actions lately

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    no way am i going to feel bad for the ppl of the countries we are in... i do agree we should pull out, have them pay for our stay, stop investing in there rebuild.

in an american way - screw them! come to our soil again and terriorize us! we will punhish you much harder next time! damn shame i wasnt in the military -

but i am damn pround of the men and women who gave time energy and love back to the us cuz they were busy fighting for our country! God bless them

sound mean? insenstive? T F B !!! (f = freaking)

I think occupying any country more than a few months is a bad idea, we look at war as some sort of tool, I guess I take it a little more serious than that, if your gonna go then have a clear objective in mind that doesn't involve occupying someone elses country. Go with the intention of killing the people that need killin and get it over with. That being said I can see where we make no friends but I wouldn't say that we created the terrorist problems of the world today.

Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    I think occupying any country more than a few months is a bad idea, we look at war as some sort of tool, I guess I take it a little more serious than that, if your gonna go then have a clear objective in mind that doesn't involve occupying someone elses country. Go with the intention of killing the people that need killin and get it over with. That being said I can see where we make no friends but I wouldn't say that we created the terrorist problems of the world today.
    i agree with you on your post. I don't think we created all the terrorist problems. But i think it would be naive to think that some average people in those countries that never really thought about america before hate us now after us being there.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    i agree with you on your post. I don't think we created all the terrorist problems. But i think it would be naive to think that some average people in those countries that never really thought about america before hate us now after us being there.
    Deleted
    Last edited by Shol'va; 01-23-2012 at 09:57 PM.

^^^ now i want to know what you wrote sholva

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    It'll be iran next I bet ye will be invading

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    ^^^ now i want to know what you wrote sholva
    Deleted...

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    Deleted...
    Repost

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    You know I've seen every episode of this show, and I've been watching it faithfully since I can remember.....and I've never noticed this. I feel ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nooomoto

You know I've seen every episode of this show, and I've been watching it faithfully since I can remember.....and I've never noticed this. I feel ashamed.
    x2

wow do I feel like a dumbass for not noticing that before

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Every one of the narrators sentences starts out with the word "Imagine". That should tell you guys everything. To the Narrator, "imagine" being shot at or watching your buddy die while trying to free the opressed. fvck off you pencil pushing prick

Thread Information