edraven29 is offline Associate Member

Red face pro wrestling has become so boring

Hi guys, i used to wrestle in a small promo here in canada called wta wrestling, i am about to switch to the flq.

Now they put out rule that ban all hardcore wrestling, so its back to technical wrestling.

I know that their are lots of wrestling fans here, did you guys like the old fashion wrestling or the wrestling thats on today?

I got so bored of all that wrestling wwf style for the last 3-4 years.

Everytime their is a main event you only see kicking and punshing and baricades and thats all.

I remeber this summer we add a big show in the park and we where gonna wrestle for about 2000 personnes, not bad for a small promotion, i did the main event that night, and the promoter steps up to me and tells me, draven you are so over with the fans that maybe you should stop doing all that flying around and stuff, you are to technical he tells me, you should set back and punch and kick and then do the finish.

This got me thinking , i worked so hard to get where i am at now, by doing the style i love and now i have to put all aside becose i am over.

No way, everytime a big league wrestler gets over like the rock, kurt angle, stone cold ( is so finished 2 knee brace come on), they dont wrestle anymore.

I am so tiered becose wwf get back to their old 1998 , with vince austin angle over and over again, he really is depressed for ratings isnt he.

I really miss ECW, and for the sake of it WCW, wish add better main events then the WWF.

I still respect RVD, chris benoit, jericho, but i really hate no talent like the dudley boys they suck big time.

Well ok i am done bashing wrestling now back to weight training.

I will take a decision by janury to continu or quit wrestling.

I really love a good technical match with no chair shots and no guys going true a stupid table to get over, 2 guys at wta did that and ended up in the hospital not bad for a hobby you arent even getting paid to do..........

Talking 47john i agree with you

I am not a pro wrestler at all , i just wrestle for the fun of it.

It was funny at first when the dudley did powerbomb on tables but now it gets really boring.

Vince has brough back what made him in 98 with sable and austin.

The t and a and austin fued, but this thing is so washed up.

WHere are the good old managers like bobby heenaa, jim cornette and all.

They could speak and put over their wrestlers, now today the only thing thats in wrestling is dumb valet that cant even wrestle, ok they are really hot, well lita can wrestle and trish also but the rest.

To much PPV, and to much wrestling on tv that you get so bored, seems that everything has been done.

But the fans want more?????

WWF will survive but they will take a down fall, most of the fans of 98 wrestling are getting quit bored, i was a fan since 1985 so i guess that i really love the sport.

JRMY2711 is offline Associate Member
    DAMN PETE HASNT POSTED ON THIS THREAD YET

HE MUST BE SICK MAYBE JUST WENT TO GET SOME DRINKS.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Here goes...The McMahon - Austin angle is so played it's not even funny. I think they recogize this as was eveidenced by the run in by The Rock instead of SCSA during the Trish / Vince segment. They need to really utilize the talent in the ring, and spend less time building storylines around the top 5-6 guys. Only a select few can work the promos properly anyway. A big shuffle will help as well. IMO Takers heel turn was to make room for Trips to come back as a face. There is also a good chance that Stiener, Nash, Hall and Hogan could be coming to the fed in the new year. New faces, new story lines. Oh yeah...one last thing, Rob Van Dan is the Whole....Fuckin...Show!!!

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    i love wrestling, i just wish they would cut back on teh talking a little bit. these are best athletes wrestling has ever had, but it's become to "soap opera" like. i want it go back to when taker, foley, cain, and stone cold used to pummel each other.

and we need DX to come back!!!

Talking I dont think that dx will ever come back

I say sack the fucking soap opera since stephanie has been writting shit its what it has been shit.

They have a lot of talent that should be pushed.

Lance storm
    Mike awsome
    Booker T wish is a big flop in wwf
    go get Mike modest and chris daniels they are the best pure wrestlers in the independant circuit today.

Taker is finished , austin is finished, god damn ddp is finish before he even started.

Push Test, Layoff x-pac and justin credible, even raven....the dudley boys should be jobbed by trish stratus and lita (sorry i have always hated the dudley boys)

The speach that paul heman gave the other night was a work but damn it was it the absolute thrut, he is the true master of wrestling.

Bring back my good old ECW ECW with kid cash and ez money matchs, taijiri the way i liked him a crazy japanese SOB that wasnt scared of nothing, super crazy, jerry lynn, rhyno and all of the rest of the ECW crue with cirrus the virus has commentator and joey styles.

Man a good thing that i taped a lot of ecw .....

Triple Plates is offline Associate Member

WWF

I think wrestling is starting to get boring too. Hopefully Vince will ink Hall and Nash, so they will be able to start the nWo angle.... and IMO Trips will come back as a heel, or will turn heel quickly, since their is no real main even heel besides Kurt.... O yea i also hope undertaker turns into like the deadman undertaker and not have the biker image, i think that real would be kool

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I haven't liked wrestling since Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, and the Ultimate Warrior left WWF.

ptbyjason Guest
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    I haven't liked wrestling since Hulk Hogan, Macho Man, and the Ultimate Warrior left WWF.

Here you go bro. Here's some of the old guys (new ones too). Anyone want to know where they are?
    Hogan

Bam Bam Bigalo

The Bossman

Ric Flair

Undertaker

Iron Sheik

Remember me?

BEYOND THE MATT! ! ! !

I DID ALITTLE TRAINING WITH MIKE MODEST OUT IN CALI LAST YR FOR A NEW PROMOTION THAT WAS STARTING. IN THE MOVIE 'BEYOND THE MAT' 2 DUDES HAD A TRY OUT WITH WWF THEY HAD A DECENT MATCH BUT NOTHING EVER DEVELOPED. ANYWAYS THOSE 2 DUDES (1 WAS MIKE MODEST) AND THE OTHER ONE WERE OUT IN CALI LAST YR.....CHRIS DANIELS WHO WAS TRAINED IN CHICAGO WITH WINDYCITYPROWRESTLING WAS TOO OUT THERE IN CALIF LAST YR. I DID SOME SHOWS OUT IN CHICAGO IN 2000 AND EARLY 2001...THIS NEW PROMOTION WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON BET BUT NOW THINGS ARE BASED IN FLORIDA FROM WHAT I HEAR AND THE ROCKS DAD(ROCKY JOHNSON) IS INCHARGE BUT STILL NO FINAL DEAL IS DONE.. I'M ACTUALLY STARTING IN A NEW TERRITORY IN TOLEDO NEXT FRIDAY AND THERE PROMOTION IS CALLED MIDWESTWRESTLING FEDERATION..THE GUY RUNNING IT HAD A FEW TIES WITH WWF AND WCW..MYSELF_____I GOT MY ASS KICKED IN WWF IN THE EARLY TO MID 90s....GRRRRRRRRR____"WHAT A RUSHHHHH"

Talking hey a real wrestler

Hi Mr phatass, i saw behond the mat and the 2 that add a tryout where mike modest and the shooter tony jones.

We saw fatass JR say that they where good but has lance storm says if they dont hire you on the spot they dont need you.

I remeber modest behing pissed off becose jim cornette told him that wwf right now dont need wrestlers but entertainers, man did they pass on a great talent in mike modest this guy is so good and pure wrestler.

Chris daniels is the same thing, i cant really understand why wwf never sign both these guys, even tony jones is an incredible talent and donovan morgan too.

What was your wrestling name in the wwf ?

My wrestling career is on hold right now, i was suppose to go to another promo myself but shit happened.

I dont wanna be a pro never just have plein fun thats all.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    i don't watch much wrestling but is rob van dam , jean claude's brother?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Rob Van Dams' real name is Rob Szatkowski. He's 31 yrs old and hails from Battle Creek Michigan. He is a black belt and was a Heavywieght Champion kickboxer before he got started in the Sports Entertainment industry. Before joining ECW a local promoter dubbed him Rob Van Dam...I assume because of his martial arts background (and style of performing) as well as a slight similarity. Here's a little pic of "The Van Dam Lift" don't try this at home fellas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pro wrestling has become so boring-vdlift.jpg  

I GOT MY ASS KICKED!!!

I DID SOME JOBS IN WWF WHICH MEANS I GOT MY ASSKICKED ON SAT MORN TV...BUT ANYWAYS WRESTLING HAS DEFINATLY CHANGED OVER THE LAST FEW YRS...ITS ALL ABOUT ENTERTAINMENT...SAD ON ONE HAND BUT TRUE...I THINK CHRIS DANIELS WAS TOO SKINNY (BUT LOOK AT SPIKE DUDLEY AND X PAC).. AND MIKE MIGHT HAVE BEEN TOO SHORT (LOOK AT CRASH HOLLY).SO ITS WHO YOU KNOW AND BEING AT THE RIGHT PLACE AT THE RIGHT TIME..MYSELF NOT TO GIVE MY AGE OUT BUT I SEE FATHER TIME TRYING TO GET ME...I REALLY WISH I WAS MORE KNOWLEGABLE ON STERIODS BACK WHEN I STARTED WRESTLING (10 YRS AGO)..BECAUSE I BELIEVE I COULD HAVE DONE MORE..BUT NOW WITH ONLY 1 MAJOR WRESTLING COMPANY..IM JUST HOPING FOR THE INDY SHOWS TO REALLY PICK UP..AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL..

Thread Information