moseley2004 is offline Associate Member

Holiday in LA need suggestions

Hey guys and girls. I'm from Sydney and my wife and I are planning a trip to the states, we need suggestions from you guys where in LA we should stay. Something kinda close to everything and must be reasonably priced the trip is for our honeymoon and we doing east coast first then heading west. Also suggestions for Vegas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Razor is offline Banned
    The W Hollywood and make sure to see San Diego, way different and way prettier. Its a city by the sea.
    San Diego

LA

And trust me you will never make it to those mountains, they just look nice.
    Last edited by Razor; 01-30-2012 at 06:58 AM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    For carnival and people watching try to get to Venice Beach and if you are really into bodybuilding go to Santa Monica to the bottom of the pier area and go to Big Deans which is a landmark for BB's with all kinds of memorabilia.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    For carnival and people watching try to get to Venice Beach and if you are really into bodybuilding go to Santa Monica to the bottom of the pier area and go to Big Deans which is a landmark for BB's with all kinds of memorabilia.
    Muscle Beach Still exists, I used to go there
    Last edited by Razor; 01-30-2012 at 11:42 AM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^ yep it does which is part of the carnival in Venice. Should have been more specific so thanks for bringing that up~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Flier is offline Productive Member
    When in LA, rent a car, drive North on PCH, spend the night in Santa Barbara.
    Many romantic Inns there.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I agree with razr. San Diego is beautiful. Id try to make it down there if u can.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    I agree with razr. San Diego is beautiful. Id try to make it down there if u can.
    Damn didnt know you been out here, next time gimme a shout and well go over to the olympic gym in pb and show those fvckers a thing or too about training

Blog Entries
    Love it there. I was trying to recall the name of a bar/restaurant....green something??? Right down the road from beach cottages. They have an outside deck where you can eat - right on the beach. Im thinking ocean and grand( cant recall) ?I had a good dinner there but eating on the deck the sunset was awesome. Was gonna recommend it to OP. You know it?

Blog Entries
    Green Flash ..thats the name. Not fancy - food is decent ..but the beach front , sunset view, while eating on the deck is something I will always remember.

Razor is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Love it there. I was trying to recall the name of a bar/restaurant....green something??? Right down the road from beach cottages. They have an outside deck where you can eat - right on the beach. Im thinking ocean and grand( cant recall) ?I had a good dinner there but eating on the deck the sunset was awesome. Was gonna recommend it to OP. You know it?
    Thats mission/pb area where they have the wave shop, you can surf on it.
    Cool area, hot babes, lots to look at.
    Its called the Green Flash.
    http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-green-flash-san-diego

Blog Entries
    ^^yup...thats it....

Thanks heaps guys. We land in new York driving to New jersey I'm a big fan of the NHRA so we Going to start with a race meet. Staying at raddison freehold then drive back to NY staying at times square can't remember which hotel. Found a hotel in west hollywood called sunset marquis getting another car in LA spend some time there and then my wife wants to do the drive to Vegas. In Vegas so far the pick of the bunch is encore at Wynn. All up we be there about 3 weeks. Havent booked it all yet we doing our research and hope to start booking by the weekend

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    if you go to venice beach. go eat at the firehouse

DIESELPWR is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moseley2004
    Thanks heaps guys. We land in new York driving to New jersey I'm a big fan of the NHRA so we Going to start with a race meet. Staying at raddison freehold then drive back to NY staying at times square can't remember which hotel. Found a hotel in west hollywood called sunset marquis getting another car in LA spend some time there and then my wife wants to do the drive to Vegas. In Vegas so far the pick of the bunch is encore at Wynn. All up we be there about 3 weeks. Havent booked it all yet we doing our research and hope to start booking by the weekend
    The raddison in freehold is like 15 miles from my house.. Where is the race?

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    When is L.A. beware the freeways during rush hour traffic....

Vettester is offline Banned
    Downtown Compton has a very unique culture, and many have described it as breathtaking at night. Not to rule out Watts, South Gate, and Gardena as invigorating stops of paradise. If you've always wanted to know what it feels like to try Clen , then take the South Central LA tour.

jasc is offline Welcome to the Good Life
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08
    Downtown Compton has a very unique culture, and many have described it as breathtaking at night. Not to rule out Watts, South Gate, and Gardena as invigorating stops of paradise. If you've always wanted to know what it feels like to try Clen, then take the South Central LA tour.
    When visiting these luxorious destinations don't forget to wear either blue or red to show you're versed in the local culture.
    Last edited by jasc; 01-31-2012 at 02:54 PM.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Downtown Compton has a very unique culture, and many have described it as breathtaking at night. Not to rule out Watts, South Gate, and Gardena as invigorating stops of paradise. If you've always wanted to know what it feels like to try Clen, then take the South Central LA tour.
    surprisingly these areas are becoming more desirable to live in now since a lot of developers have invested money into the real estate market and that has pushed a majority of the bad element out. funny comment btw

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELPWR

The raddison in freehold is like 15 miles from my house.. Where is the race?
    The race is at old township raceway. Englishtown. Plz tell me we found a hotel close to the track

Quote Originally Posted by Shol'va View Post
    When is L.A. beware the freeways during rush hour traffic....
    ... And in the afternoon, and on the weekends, and ... Well, just about anytime. I've seen gridlock at just about every time and day. The local term for traffic that's not moving is a "Sig Alert."

BengalWoman is offline Female Member
    From the beaches to the mountains (Big Bear) to the deserts (Palm Springs) there are too many possibilities!

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    A tip for you guys is even a huge majority of the people living in Socal hate going to LA!

Trust the advice on going down to San Diego its crazy beautiful. Pacific beach is tons of fun with lots of crazy people that are really friendly. Go rent some kayaks and go see the caves out there / rent some beach cruisers.

Compton sounds nice lol. Might look to stay there

viking88 is offline Associate Member
    i live in a suburb of la.. about 40 minutes outside of la

and im telling your right now you do not want to come to la. lol what a cess pit la is... you can pull up all the cute and night pictures of the la and san diego sky line you want

my uncle lives in la and i refuse to go up there and go visit because if your a white guy forget it you will be burned at the stake.

go to seattle or denver or austin

f*ck los angels

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2 View Post
    A tip for you guys is even a huge majority of the people living in Socal hate going to LA!

Trust the advice on going down to San Diego its crazy beautiful. Pacific beach is tons of fun with lots of crazy people that are really friendly. Go rent some kayaks and go see the caves out there / rent some beach cruisers.
    haha yeah like me. la is a cess pit

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post

are you black or something? theres been 100 murderes in compton already this year.. what a "unique culture" they have

Quote Originally Posted by viking88

are you black or something? theres been 100 murderes in compton already this year.. what a "unique culture" they have
    Obviously Viking didn't get the joke lol

Quote Originally Posted by viking88 View Post
    I can see you are a little slow with catching on to a joke. Yeah, I'm black, and I use that white guy for an avi ... What do you think?

Thread Information