xelnaga is offline Banned

Blast from the past- what would you do?

A little back round. I recently joined a new gym. Its very small. We are talking a few trainers, 15-20 cardio machines, 2 benches, a cross fit room, and a spin room. So its pretty tight quarters. Im not very social, but I try to be friendly and avoid looking like a dick.

Things have been pretty good there so far. I have a few guys I say hello to and can ask for a spot if needed.

Anyway, a few years ago I had a nasty habit of not walking away from altercations. I got a few ugly fights at a bar in town roughly 2 years ago. Anyway the owner of this one bar gave me a life time ban. I haven't see this guy since he banned me- until today. I walked into the gym and he was chatting with his personal trainer. He stopped looked twice at me. As Im working out he walks into the free weight area takes a good look at me and walks off. 5 minutes later 3-4 of the trainers left the front desk to come take a look at me. And during his training session I could tell he was talking about me based on their body language.

I know for sure this guy just poisoned the well as far as my reputation. I know a bad reputation can spread like wild fire- and you never know how far it will go.

Im tempted to call this guy out next time I catch him one on one in the locker room. I wasn't going to get into anything aggressive. My idea was to say " Hey man- why dont we do each other a favor and leave the past where it is- no need to tell stories" ....

Any input guys?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dont worry about it. Let it go and let him talk shit. Its a few guys at a gym where you say you dont really speak to anyone anyways so who cares what they think

supersize me is offline Associate Member
    If you do that it only provides him with more shyt to spread about you. It would also lead him to believe you haven't changed at all from how he remembers you.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Kick his ass!! Then kick the asses of all the trainers that looked at you too!! And if anyone else has a problem with all the ass whoopins you're givin out....kick their asses too!! When the cops show up kick some cop ass just for good measure!! Kick the judges ass and the prosecuting attorneys ass as well!! Kick the asses of your new cell mates too!!! That'll teach those bastards to look at you.....or just forget about it and move on.

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Xelnaga I feel your pain. I used to get drunk routinely.. go figure.. so anyway I run into this guy who encountered me drunk and being an ass 2 years back. See this asshole at waffle house. He basically does what you describe, bad mouths me and gets the whole crew against me. Funny thing I barely remember him and couldn't tell you anything about what happened when I was drinking that night a couple years ago.

Run into same asshole at Beef O Bradys. He pulls the same shit, proceeds to tell all the staff hey blah blah blah (who t f knows what he says). Like you describe, body language and everything totally change.

I thought about calling the guy out but heres the thing

#1 Hes one ugly fuk and an old *****.. so.. who tf cares what he thinks
    #2 Hes one of these assholes who has fukd up his personal life so bad that he goes to restaurants and flirts with the 30 years younger waitresses and leaves 10 dollar tips so someone will care about who he is.

I ended up avoiding the guy. I can't tell you what to do but I looked at it like.. first off im a drunk so I probably did something offensive. Second off all that shit i just said and im not exaggerating he is one ugly puss fuk.. its like.. doesn't his life suck bad enough? Do I really need to get in his face and if so to make what point? And on top of it we had our beef at a strip club, so not only is this ugly fuk begging every waitress in town with his 10 dollar tips to be his friend but this is the only way he can see tits is my guess as well, and hes going to try to judge me?

Not worth it bro.. like having a small vaginal man ask to arm wrestle you.. what would you gain by "winning" ?

Nofinshline is offline Junior Member
    No man, how cares what people think or say of you!!! ****'em

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Ya- I was pretty heated when I came home- but it passed. I can only imagine his internal dialogue " Omg! Is it him? Im going to go get a closer look... OMG it is him!! I need to tell someone !! Wheres my trainer? I need to make sure everyone knows about him! Wait till everyone knows!"

Too pathetic to respond to.

Honkey_Kong is offline Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    If you decide to kick his ass, do it outside of the gym.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree with everyone else. If they wanta be little school girls and talk shit behind your back....well, good for them. I could give a shit about what people say about me, because I'm not trying to make friends at my gym.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    I agree with everyone else. If they wanta be little school girls and talk shit behind your back....well, good for them. I could give a shit about what people say about me, because I'm not trying to make friends at my gym.
    Agreed. I just had a conversation with my 12 yr old nephew and was explaining to him this very principle. As carzy as it sounds he was in a very similar (yet obviously different) scenario as the OP. I was telling him a big part of growing up and maturity is realizing the above. I also explained sadly some never realize it.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    Agreed. I just had a conversation with my 12 yr old nephew and was explaining to him this very principle. As carzy as it sounds he was in a very similar (yet obviously different) scenario as the OP. I was telling him a big part of growing up and maturity is realizing the above. I also explained sadly some never realize it.
    12 yrs old??? Nice Job teaching him early. It was 24 before I pulled my head out of my ass. Before that I would pop a guy in the mouth for looking at me wrong. Obviously I had anger issues! lol Eventually you just have to realize that some people just aren't worth the trouble and just let it go.

Now you just need to start teaching him to be frugal. Again it was mid 20's before I learned that one too. If we all just had someone to teach us early.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    Now you just need to start teaching him to be frugal.
    Yeah i'll leave that to someone else! *L* ..i'm still working on it !

Thread Information