BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Dearborn, Michigan...are you seeing this??

Well, given all the controversy (global and domestic) surrounding "Operation Iraqi Freedom" this must certainly give ALL of us something to think about. Dearborn is known for having the highest concentration of Iraqi-Americans and this particular segment of the population is literally parading the streets, waving American AND Iraqi flags. Apparently one of the loudest and most prominent slogans is "Who cares what the Germans and French are saying, for Iraqis and Americans are speaking together now". I'm not saying this is what it is, but both in Baghdad and Dearborn at present, the only real historical similarity I can equate it with is the U.S. liberation of France (especially Paris) in WWII. Well, food for thought.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Yeah, I wonder what all those anti-war folks who were saying that the Iraqi people didn't want us there are singing now. Looks like they're pretty happy that we're there to me.

PHATCAT is offline Associate Member
    Its the Largest Arabic Population out side the Middle East! Not just Iraqi! I live here but have not seen/ heard yet the street parading your speaking of.

One Nation Under God Indivisable and Justice for all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH ya just cought it on CNN Celerbration.. !!! I hope this is the end! war is not good for LIFE. People Die and thats lose lose! Looks like the people of Iraq are felling the pressure lifted and no longer bound by fear!
    FREEDOM is a Beautiful thing!!!!!!!!!! USA

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    War is bad, everyone knows that already. They didn't go to war because they think it's fun and games. However, to say war is always wrong and always los lose is sophomoric and visceral.

Thread Information