Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member

I've been expecting this, and knew it was going to happen eventually....

....I think my right knee is about shot. Sitting here with my leg up, trying real hard to not violate any of the provisions or covenants of my man card by moaning and groaning about the pain i'm feeling right now.

I've been nursing my knees for a couple of decades now. But with the MSM, PT, recommended exercises, and annual knee shots, the female doctor I go to for the knee injections said it's probably time to think about the next step. An orthopedic surgeon will be calling me here soon to set up an appointment.

Pain is a funny thing. At any particular moment, the pain isn't so great. But after three or four days of non stop pain, and couple that with not being able to sleep at night, and it just wears you out..

btw..... sometimes when someone says they do not have the knees to do squats anymore, sometimes the answer isn't "you are not doing it right". Sometimes they should not be doing squats, and instead, find something else, like leg presses.

people that advise not doing it right probably have OK knees anyways

xelnaga is offline Banned
    Keep your head up. You aren't kidding about the pain wearing a person down mentally.

bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Hey Roman sorry to hear that. Just make sure it gets fixed so you can ride.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That's a bummer bro...Hope you start feeling better soon!

Razor is offline Banned
    Gh gh gh!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    I've said it a million times, certain movements just aren't for certain people.
    Realist: A person who sees things as they truly are. A practical person. The pessimist complains about the wind; The optimist expects it to change; The realist adjusts the sails. — William Arthur Ward

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    So sorry to hear about this TR!
    hopping you have more feeling ok days than ...feeling yuk days <3

just got a call from the ortho.... 9am tomorrow.

the pain is really driving me nutts. fuggin NSAIDS aint really doing much. I hate to say this, but I'm going to do a bottle of bourbon tonight, and hopefully get some sleep

thanks for the postive thoughts ya'll. That and some darvon aughta hit the spot?

on the lighter side, if i do end up having to get some new hinges, wonder if they have a "sport" version?

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    good luck man, hope it works out for ya.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Please explore all options before surgery. Take it from someone who has had multiple back surgeries and now I need another one and a neck surgery. HGH helped with my recovery a lot and so did the time off and rehab. Stay motivated and PM me if you need surgery advice.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    just got a call from the ortho.... 9am tomorrow.

the pain is really driving me nutts. fuggin NSAIDS aint really doing much. I hate to say this, but I'm going to do a bottle of bourbon tonight, and hopefully get some sleep

thanks for the postive thoughts ya'll. That and some darvon aughta hit the spot?
    Darvon? Seriously? Do you want to make your liver quiver? Hell they are all recalled. Go with percocet 10/325 every 4 hours or as needed for moderate to severe pain prescribed of course legally

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Sorry to hear about that knee. I have a knee that has been bothering me since my teens. Riding sport bikes in my twenties was uncomfortable and I don't even know if I can bend like that any more. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sounds like surgery may be the best option at this point.

Shol'va is offline Productive Member
    On the bright spot TR be thankful to be living in a time in history where the knowledge and technology is readily available to replace the knee. That in itself is awesome. Imagine back in the day where they just gave you crutches or less. And no I'm not going there and say you lived in those days...lol

SnaX is offline Anabolic Member
    Try rubbing some Vagisil on there On a more serious note, knees are tricky. After you hear what your doc has to say, you may just have to resort to less strenuous exercise and routines. Lunges with dumbells give my legs a killer workout and a great pump, without putting a lot of strain on the knees.
    You'll figure it out sir. Best of luck to you

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    I feel you my shoulder is bothering me so bad. Why can't everything be like arms I can make my arms grow like crazy no injuries..

awms is offline Senior Member
    Im a trainer and have worked with many people who have bad knees and I would say in most cases surgery is not necessary even if your doctor tells you it is. On the other hand I cant see you, I do not know your medical history or anything about your knee so perhaps you do need surgery? The problem with surgery is that it often does not fix the problem and can even make it worse long term....there is a lot tissue and nerves in the knee and when you start poking and messing around with it you can do damage!

The first mistake you made was getting shots to deal with the pain because this will only make it worse and pain is a way of the body telling you "slow down".

My advice is to go find a physiotherapist or sport therapist who specializes in knee injuries or lower extremity injuries who can heal it the right way! also eat a low low inflammatory diet (cut most sugars, eat more healthy fats ect ect).

Once you knee is feeling better find a good personal trainer who deals with rehab of knees (Look for some one who is PICP level two or above certified) and work with them to correct the imbalances that are causing your knee problems!

Sounds like a lot I know but its small price to pay for healthy knees! If you lived in my area I could help you out and recommend some good people who could rehab your knee fast! it should take about 6 months to year to rehab your knee 100% and by the I mean you should be able to do a squat ass to grass with 300lbs on your back without pain lol

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Good luck Times!!

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Hope everything pans out TR!!! I had knee surgery on the 6th of January, torn meniscus and he removed some tissue behind my knee cap.. The last 4 days it swelled up and it's hurting me a lot like I just had surgery.. So I got this nice ice machine from my ortho for it.. I might be asking for a shot please help me god lol

Good luck... Sorry had to vent

Quote Originally Posted by awms View Post
    Im a trainer and have worked with many people who have bad knees and I would say in most cases surgery is not necessary even if your doctor tells you it is. On the other hand I cant see you, I do not know your medical history or anything about your knee so perhaps you do need surgery? The problem with surgery is that it often does not fix the problem and can even make it worse long term....there is a lot tissue and nerves in the knee and when you start poking and messing around with it you can do damage!

The first mistake you made was getting shots to deal with the pain because this will only make it worse and pain is a way of the body telling you "slow down".

My advice is to go find a physiotherapist or sport therapist who specializes in knee injuries or lower extremity injuries who can heal it the right way! also eat a low low inflammatory diet (cut most sugars, eat more healthy fats ect ect).

Once you knee is feeling better find a good personal trainer who deals with rehab of knees (Look for some one who is PICP level two or above certified) and work with them to correct the imbalances that are causing your knee problems!

Sounds like a lot I know but its small price to pay for healthy knees! If you lived in my area I could help you out and recommend some good people who could rehab your knee fast! it should take about 6 months to year to rehab your knee 100% and by the I mean you should be able to do a squat ass to grass with 300lbs on your back without pain lol
    the knee shots are not cortisone, nor are they for pain. they are hyuarlonic acid. may have mispelled it. but it is for lubrication. injection goes right into the bursa. and surprisingly, works pretty good.

well, the good news is that the knee is still salvagable, and we are just going to do some repairs this tuesday. i'll be down for a few days, but nothing major.

HitIt is offline Knowledgeable Member
    sorry to hear...good luck with whatever route you end up taking....did nandrolone ever help?

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    do you want me to dislocate your shoulder so you will forget about your knee pain?

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    do you want me to dislocate your shoulder so you will forget about your knee pain?
    We should dislocate your face.... then you'd get more women

Hi everyone... sorry times for messing up your thread.... I couldn't Resist.

Quote Originally Posted by HitIt View Post
    sorry to hear...good luck with whatever route you end up taking....did nandrolone ever help?
    it didn't help me any

Quote Originally Posted by Bertuzzi View Post
    We should dislocate your face.... then you'd get more women

Hi everyone... sorry times for messing up your thread.... I couldn't Resist.
    you two are like mutt and jeff somtimes!

Quote Originally Posted by calgarian View Post
    gotta find me first! =)

Bertuzzi is offline AR's Common Sense Ninja
    Times.... I just looked at your location, you're back home for good now?? I've been off the forum for sometime now.... I'm not up to date. I'm happy for you that your home, family must be happy.

awms is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    the knee shots are not cortisone, nor are they for pain. they are hyuarlonic acid. may have mispelled it. but it is for lubrication. injection goes right into the bursa. and surprisingly, works pretty good.

well, the good news is that the knee is still salvagable, and we are just going to do some repairs this tuesday. i'll be down for a few days, but nothing major.
    Nice! cortisone is just about the worst thing you can give an injury! and Im glad to hear you knee will be ok!

Thread Information